New Toyota Fortuner with Automatic Gearbox

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
The following spy shots indicate that Toyota has finally decided to bring the face lifted Fortuner to India. It will continue getting 3 Liter Engine inside the hood which will be pumped up to produce peak power of 180BHP. However, the biggest surprise of all is that this SUV will be now available with an automatic transmission. Apart of it, other changes would include touch screen DVD Player, new design alloys, revamped fascia and rear end with altezza tail lamps.

IMG-20110901-00353.jpg

IMG-20110901-00352.jpg

IMG-20110905-00359.jpg

IMG-20110905-00358.jpg

IMG-20110901-00350.jpg
Pictures Credit: Steeriods.in

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Spyshots of New Toyota Fortuner with Automatic Gearbox

The facelifted version is looking more butch than the current version. IMO Automatic transmission is a welcomed move by Toyota as most of the Fortuner rivals have been offering both the transmission options since long.

The current one looks like a Tank from front, now this one some how does not offer such feel.

Yes the front looks like exaggerated. Is it the way the pic has come out?

I am always in love with Fortuner, Prado. This one looks great too.

Thread Starter #6

350Z

Core Team

That's how the New Fortuner is going to look like from front.

2012-Toyota-Fortuner-01.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

I like the looks of the new fortuner more than the older one. the newer one looks modern while the older one looked... well, old school! I dint like the new tail lights though. While the new touch screen is welcome, the silver unit on the grey dash looks out of place. the wheels look as if they have been lifted off from the endeavour. but no problems, alloys can be changed any time!

I am also happy to see the Camry's wheel on the fortuner. the innova's wheel dint look rich enough. I am glad to see indicators on the ORVMs.

Bumped up power & auto transmission is welcome but I hope they dont increase the prices on the already overpriced Fortuner. But i think they will, considering the demand!

Most importantly, will the Indian fortuner get HIDs or just halogens with projectors like before? I can see headlight washers in the pics, so HIDs could possibly be present.

I also heard the 4x2 version is coming. It would be cheaper & more practical for urban customers. I would have preferred a fortuner without FULL TIME 4x4, that means, like in scorpio & safari.

I always hated the looks of the Fortuner. This one looks much better.

+1 to Raj.

The front is looking a bit bulkier now IMO. Nice to see a new steering wheel , Auto option and touch screen HU. Alloys look exactly the same as Endeavour's.

Most importantly, will the Indian fortuner get HIDs or just halogens with projectors like before? I can see headlight washers in the pics, so HIDs could possibly be present..
well what is connection between hids and headlight washers??[confused] anyways i think it will have projectors..they are visible in front view pic!!

I also heard the 4x2 version is coming. It would be cheaper & more practical for urban customers. I would have preferred a fortuner without FULL TIME 4x4, that means, like in scorpio & safari.
[frustration] WHAT!!!! 4X2 . I always praised fortuner because of 4X4 [cry]

Last edited:

well what is connection between hids and headlight washers??[confused] anyways i think it will have projectors..they are visible in front view pic!!
Its a rule that all cars with HIDs SHOULD have headlight washers.

This is to reduce the tendency for them to dazzle other road users. there's a big difference between a dirty and a clean HID headlight. the dirt will glow like a fluorescent coating, only a lot brighter.

[frustration] WHAT!!!! 4X2 . I always praised fortuner because of 4X4 [cry]
There are a lot of city dwellers who use the fortuner for office commute, 4x2 is practical for them, I feel. And cmon, who honestly takes a 25 lac SUV for off roading, unless he is a millionaire!!!

Hi, fortuner a/t with new features and looks is very good move. its waiting list will now increase

@ Umang Even the current Fortuner has projector headlamps.

@ Mastersquall But having a full time 4WD is practically wasting fuel. A base 4x2 variant will be nice to have , not many are going to go for off-roading.

Top Bottom