New Toyota Fortuner Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Hi everyone,
This is my first post on theautomotiveindia.com, and is very glad that my first post is going to be an ownership review!!!

About 6 months back we decided to get a new vehicle. We wanted it to be an SUV as we already had a car. Before short listing my dad had a chance to drive the Fortuner and he was quite impressed, so the vehicle had a preference..[:D]

The vehicles that we considered were
1: Toyota Fortuner
2: Tata Safari
3: Mahindra XUV 500
4: Mahindra Scorpio

We wanted a real SUV and not a MUV so didn’t go for the Captiva, Innova, Aria etc.
Exception being the XUV500.
And , we had a budget of something max 25L!!

We first went to the toyota showroom, kalamassery, Kerala. Took a test drive of the Fortuner 4X4. Was quite impressed by the drive quality and comfort. was satisfied and Dad was about to book the vehicle without checking out the other vehicles!!!!

We then went to a Mahindra dealer to check out the XUV500 and the scorpio. But, was so sad to hear that the bookings for the XUV was closed for 6 months!!! So striked off XUV500. Scorpio was also striked down because the 2nd row seats were really cramped!! (My family has 3 6footers!!!)

WE actually owned a Safari until 2006 when we sold it to buy a new car. We checked it out the dealer said the 2012 Safari was not yet out and would have to wait another 6-7 months!!!..

So we were finally left with the Fortuner!!!

Booked a white fortuner 2X2 MT (paid 1L toward booking, EX showroom was 21 L), and then the wait started!!![sleep] (Waiting time was 120 days)

And exactly on the 110th day, received a call from the Showroom saying the vehicle has arrived and the other formalities should be taken care off!!

Went to the showroom, paid the rest amount, insurance and on the 116th day the vehicle was ready for delivery!!![clap]

The onroad price for the vehicle was 27L!!

The vehicle was a real SUV just as it looks!!! High seats, light steering wheels and everything made driving really really easy!!! The interiors were really comfortable !!( the 3rd row suitable for short people and children).

The problem that if felt was that the suspension of the vehicle was not smooth!! Travelling through pocket road and roads that are not tarred properly will give the passengers a feeling that the vehicle does not have a suspension itself!!!! The quality of the plastics are just of medium or maybe low quality. Expected more from a vehicle costing 27L!!!

We got a decent FE of 12-12.5 (avg in highway and city). The highway FE comes upto even 14-14.5 at time and the city FE drops to almost 5-7 in city!!!

Attachments

Thread Starter #4
the pics of the interiors!!

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Hi everyone, This is my first post on theautomotiveindia.com, and is very glad that my first post is going to be an ownership review!!!
Congrats and Welcome to The Automotive India. Great to have an ownership review of New Fortuner. It looks far better and aggressive than the outgoing model. Those pictures have only made this thread more tempting. I look forward to read a comprehensive initial ownership experience review. Keep us updated. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi GentryGeorge A warm welcome to TAI
Great to see a gleaming new T-Fort its my fav!

Look forward to hear more details and your experiences.

have a pleasant stay at TAI

Congrats for the new Fortuner.

This Fortuner looks very good.

Old Fortuner was not looking that good from side view.

Hello and welcome to TAI buddy.

Congrats for acquiring the Fortuner. your beast is looking simply awesome in white. new fortuner is far better than the older one.

Have a pleasant stay here. And do keep us posted on your beast.

Wowwwww what a smashing entry in TAI with super duper smashing vehicle .
In all the SUVs I have driven so far in India the most easiest to drive was the fortuner .
Enjoy the ride buddy and be sure that the fortuner and it's engine will last you for couple of lakh Kms .
I agree that the equipment in a 27 lakh suv is very less and not that jazzy which IMHO they should have provided , but the best part is whatever they have provided will last for long which by the end of the day matters the most .
Iam just a little surprised that in city it's just giving you 5-6 kmpl mileage maybe it's because it's new ?

Welcome to TAI Gentrygeorge,it was a crisp review loaded with a good set of pics.
BTW,I was very badly missing the papa ji of all SUVs here,thanks for bringing it here buddy.

So its a Fortuner 4X2(there exists nothing called 2X2 on the earth,yes it can be 2*2=4),it broke my heart quite a bit as the one in my circle is a 4X4(older model which used to come in 4X4 only).No doubt its one gem of car.

You may find the interior cheap if compared with a sedan like Superb or accord but compare it with SUVs and you will find them okay.BTW,in the 4X2 avatar the 3.0 D-4D is a real beast.

BTW,it looks like you guys pay very high prices for cars there,Vivian paid 2 lacs more than me for Corolla and you paid a complete 3.5 lacs more than what Delhites pay for the cars(Thanks to your state government)

I have seen once car also in a pic,can you show me a complete pic of the car(after I saw the rear bumper in an another pic,it increased my interest even more):-
1.JPG

Last edited:
Hey gentrygeorge congrats for the All new Toyota Fortuner! Awesome road presence and GC. I must say that this is one vehicle to whom I give respect on road and not even to XUV. If I see a Fortuner on my IRVM; I give them way to pass.[roll]

Actually I am quiet impressed with the fe you are getting on highways but at the same time in a shock to here the city fe. I had heared it gives ~8-10kmpl in the city.

And one suggestion; please dont go for those plastic mouldings on the bottom of the doors. The car looks stunning as it is. So any vip reg no or simple one?

And yeah welcome to TAI and njoy your stay here. [:)]

Thread Starter #14
Thanks Everyone..:)
So its a Fortuner 4X2(there exists nothing called 2X2 on the earth,yes it can be 2*2=4),it broke my heart quite a bit as the one in my circle is a 4X4(older model which used to come in 4X4 only)
I just made a dumb statement!!![surprise] Its the 4X2 MT.
congrat's on your Beast she look's gorgeous in white,any mod's planned?
Did a few mods already. The chrome finish on the air scoop, the fender mirror, reverse sensor, rubber floor mats, a tray in the luggage space, side visors. No more mods as of now.
Iam just a little surprised that in city it's just giving you 5-6 kmpl mileage maybe it's because it's new ?
Even I was surprised to see those figures I get that FE when the vehicle is in the 1st and 2nd gear and when in higher gear it gives a much more better FE, as said 8-10 kmpl.
And one more thing, All info about FE is as provided by the system on the vehicle.
please dont go for those plastic mouldings on the bottom of the doors.
Those are really expensive dude!![cry]
I have seen once car also in a pic,can you show me a complete pic of the car(after I saw the rear bumper in an another pic,it increased my interest even more):-
[:D] Will start a new thread on it!! Keep waiting.. and is it fair to post a pic of it in this post? ( I have no ideas!!) If its ok i'll post it very soon!!

Thread Starter #15
So any vip reg no or simple one?
We were lucky to get the same number we had for our first SUV (2021)

A few more pics of the beast..

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom