New Tata Indica Vista v/s New Maruti Swift

Which Hatchback?

• Tata Indica Vista

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • Maruti Suzuki Swift

Votes: 35 50.7%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Couple of people have been asking me regularly about vista vs swift .
I have suggested two of my near friends to book new swift ,but they came back to me today asking about Indica vista.
now i feel very strange, ASS has become very competetive and confusing with either brands.

If asked my personal opinion, Then swift has no chance against Indica vista , other than it ASS and certain other redundant features swift comes not even a quarter of what indica vista has .

One of the doctor i know had exchanged his 2 year old swift with indica vista. and he is very impressed with it.

I myself used indica vista for an year, whoever had a ride in it said "it is more than a sedan without a boot." such is the ride quality and airy feeling inside.
BTW premium feel is like distant imaginary hope in I-vista but neither swift feels premium either.

Re: Tata Indica Vista v/s New Maruti Swift

The answer lies within after your suggestion for new swift n paying the booking amount. Still your friends came back with Indica Vista as an option.
In my personal opinion Indica Vista is clear winner over the Swift .
Only thing which keeps buyers away from Vista is TATA the taxi image.

As new Vista launch too is round the corner, this thread would be really intersting and informative. Keep it coming guys

Aah now this is tricky for me. I am personally not a fan of both these cars. Indica is more VFM with good space and ride quality but Swift for me looks stylish and has got a peppy engine. Though i am owning a TATA vehicle for more than 15 years i still don't have confidence with TATA'S A.S.S. Its high time TATA hires good knowledgeable SA'S and also mechanics. Note i am not satisfied with only A.S.S , this doesn't mean TATA vehicles are not reliable. We travel out of station only by car always and in our 15 years we have never been left stranded on the highway by our Sierra , Safari or Aria till now with a mechanical failure.

So if i am forced to buy one of out these two i will go with Swift!

But if i am to buy a premium hatchback now it will be a really tough competition between Punto and i20!

Suspension was something which was not good with old swift. I am not sure how it would turn out in the new one. I have one for last few years and I can tell you that ride at rear is not good at all.
whereas Indica scores majorly in cabin space, cheap spares, and rear seat comfort.

If you compare engine performance for both (in diesel), swift comes out more driveable and peppier.

If the car is to be driven by the owner swift is the option. New one looks pretty good and slick too.

In modification,Swift scores more then I-vista.

We can modify as much as possible in Swift but for I-Vista, there is no answer for that...

I-Vista scores in cabin space. none of the hatchback beat Indica vista in Cabin space & leg room.

Both new comers create a big confusion again to all the buyers.
lets see who will Win this big competition [cheers].

Thread Starter #9

The traveller ,thanks for that. reps added.

what i would say to all, is be cautious of reviews online.

An year and half back, i made up my mind 99 percent to go for swift else wait and save for i20. Almost for 3 months i read all the reviews available in internet and took advice from other car owners. almost everywhere everybody said swift is too good . But when i saw it myself in showroom it was much different, looked and felt too much overstated .Similarly with indica vista i realized it to be very much understated car.
I bought vista but faced lot of niggles ,rattles but fortunately all issues were sorted promptly in ASS.
Finally the only reason i sold it was because I felt I deserved something more robust and rugged.

Nice thread.[thumbsup] This comparison will be more interesting once the initial reviews of the face-lifted versions are out.

On feature-list comparison between the 2 new cars, I think Swift does not have the Bluetooth connectivity option which is very basic now-a-days.[evil]

My vote is for Vista, for looks, space & VFM proposition.

Petrol - Swift
Diesel - Vista
- Same engine (by Fiat) as swift
- Vista low cost more features
- VFM
- More boot than swift
- Specious than swift

The traveller ,thanks for that. reps added.

what i would say to all, is be cautious of reviews online.

An year and half back, i made up my mind 99 percent to go for swift else wait and save for i20. Almost for 3 months i read all the reviews available in internet and took advice from other car owners. almost everywhere everybody said swift is too good . But when i saw it myself in showroom it was much different, looked and felt too much overstated .Similarly with indica vista i realized it to be very much understated car.
I bought vista but faced lot of niggles ,rattles but fortunately all issues were sorted promptly in ASS.
Finally the only reason i sold it was because I felt I deserved something more robust and rugged.
Totally agree with you. Buying a car is like buying a very personal thing. One should not just go by online reviews, peer pressure. The best way is try out and test drive by own and see how it feels, space, engine, driveability etc. Indica is a very under rated car and even the engine is not bad at all. I had driven one old Indica V2 and was surprised by the surge of torque and the way it pulled even with all 5 passengers in. Only things mars it is image which Tata has tried hard to change (and has been successful as well)[:)]

if you ask me i will go for Vista . In delhi Traffic performance doesn't matter much so only thing left is space and comfort which it offer .

Also another reason is i never liked swift for its look

I've traveled a few hundred km on Swift Rear seat and a very few km on Vista rear bench. I bet the comfort in Vista is better than Swift and of course better than Honda city (my personal observation in rough roads, say no road at all)

On the other side, when I sit behind the wheels, Swift wins.

Top Bottom