New Tata Grande Coming Without the 'Sumo' Badge!

Thread Starter #1
Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #5
how can name replacement make it good seller when it never was one?
It is not just a name change. It is expected to have better interiors & suspension. Also observe the rear window. Many people criticized the huge D-pillar. Now with extended black parts, the D-pillar looks narrower & the rear glass looks wider.

Yes , can anybody mention what are the changes from the previous model?

But i don't think this is going to change Grande's fate.

IMO,it is better to stop the productions of SUMO and then release this one with lower price tag to catch up with the T-Board market.
The main reason for GRANDE'S flaw was its high pricing factor and ppl was still buying Safari by giving a little extra amount. and its killer Xylo did not give its place for competition.

350Z

Core Team
The only reason I would admire Tata Sumo is for its healthy design, but the car has overall failed to attract the masses because it absolutely lacks the value for money factor and that’s where the Mahindra Xylo triumphs. Why anyone would even consider spending over Rs.8 Lakhs for Grande CX which does not even comes equipped with an air-conditioner as standard? Tata Sumo seriously is a capable vehicle and would be my pick too given that Tata Motors considers making this car justified for the price tag it is being offered.

Drive Safe,
350Z

To make sure GRANDE becomes a decent seller here are some of my suggestions to TATA MOTORS:
1. Better curvey interiors ala MANZA.
2.Better rear teatment.
3.140 ps engine with 326 nm of torque like TATA SAFARI.
4.Addition of safety features like airbags and abs on top trim.
5.Replace current leaf springs with 5 step coil springs.
6.Stop producing VICTA and position Grande against Bolero,and let MANZA based MUV take the fight to XYLO.

THE XOVER

Hi, victa is already stopped in BS4 cities, plz correct me if am wrong.

Hey venom you are right mate, VICTA is discontinued in BS4 cities,but still sells in other parts of the country.But my point was that Bolero sells around 7000 units per month on basis of its appeal in semi-urban INDIA and thats where TATA MOTORS should position GRANDE BANG ON [cheers].VICTA was a very good product for its time but it is not that time anymore dear friends,time for us and TATA to move on.[thumbsup]

THE XOVER

Top Bottom