New Tata Grande Coming Without the 'Sumo' Badge!

After looking at the buzz that Safari Storme has created in the net world and how well it has been accepted by both its customers as well as auto media,I think Tata should do something similar to Grande.

Here are some of things they can do in order to make it successful in our market:

1.X2 PLatform:Just like Storme,move the body to much more modern X2 chassis: We have seen how much wonders this move has done to make Storme a competent handler both on and off road.

2. New interiors: The current interiors of Grande absolutely suck and look pathetic.Also they don't gel too well with the stylish exteriors.

All new simple yet elegant Storme like interiors will do it alot of good,me thinks.

3. Safety features: Current Grande has got literally no safety features,which is truly unacceptable in this age and time.So inclusion of a'bags and ABS is a must.

4. New coil spring suspension: Tata should get rid of obsolete leaf spring suspension from Grande ASAP and introduce Storme like coil springs at the rear and dual wishbones at the front.

5. A new BRAND: Drop the name Sumo/Grande for good and name it something different and sporty like "Thunder' or 'hurricane',lol.[lol]

So folks do you agree with my above assumptions?

Sorry bro! It's a failed imitation of the Pajero, I have felt many times. If they can sink in some money and do something about the looks, it might sell a bit more. In times of austerity measures, I don't see that happening. And which segment this car would be targeting? Against the xylo, another version of the the Aria would be a better bet. And forget competing against the Scorp!

After looking at the buzz that Safari Storme has created in the net world and how well it has been accepted by both its customers as well as auto media,I think Tata should do something similar to Grande.

Here are some of things they can do in order to make it successful in our market:

1.X2 PLatform:Just like Storme,move the body to much more modern X2 chassis: We have seen how much wonders this move has done to make Storme a competent handler both on and off road.

2. New interiors: The current interiors of Grande absolutely suck and look pathetic.Also they don't gel too well with the stylish exteriors.

All new simple yet elegant Storme like interiors will do it alot of good,me thinks.

3. Safety features: Current Grande has got literally no safety features,which is truly unacceptable in this age and time.So inclusion of a'bags and ABS is a must.

4. New coil spring suspension: Tata should get rid of obsolete leaf spring suspension from Grande ASAP and introduce Storme like coil springs at the rear and dual wishbones at the front.

5. A new BRAND: Drop the name Sumo/Grande for good and name it something different and sporty like "Thunder' or 'hurricane',lol.[lol]

So folks do you agree with my above assumptions?
What about the exterior design, I always felt Sumo Grande design was made in M$ Paint. SO much boxy many. [frustration]

Sorry bro! It's a failed imitation of the Pajero, I have felt many times. If they can sink in some money and do something about the looks, it might sell a bit more. In times of austerity measures, I don't see that happening. And which segment this car would be targeting? Against the xylo, another version of the the Aria would be a better bet. And forget competing against the Scorp!
Pajero? I thought it was plagiarized merc g class!!

of course it has nothing to compete a poor stand alone product [lol]

What about the exterior design, I always felt Sumo Grande design was made in M$ Paint. SO much boxy many.
Boxy things are men things...grow up dude![glasses]

Attachments

Sorry bro! It's a failed imitation of the Pajero,
Yes the grill of MKII does remind you of the Montero but that's about it.

What about the exterior design, I always felt Sumo Grande design was made in M$ Paint. SO much boxy many.
They should do two more things in addition to what I have previously written:

1. Completely change the front and back looks, more in sink with Freelander 2.[:)]

2. Aggressive marketing is required and don't promote it as a MUV but an SUV that's spacious and practical.And if possible offer one 4X4 variant as the top trim in order to convey to the masses that it's a rugged SUV,which in turn will help it to take the fight to Scorpio in a serious way.

Tata's are very lazy in their R&D. I mean as Karl Slym told in that interview they have the resources but not utilizing them.
Is Grande build on a new platform other than the decade old sumo?
They must bring in new design strategy..
Sumo/safari/grande/aria sales comprises only 5000 units per month.
Other companies have problem that they didnot have the products in the uv segment but here the case is entirely different..

Yes, with improved aesthetics and high-tech interiors like Harman infotainment, JBL speakers, Steering mounted audio controls, rich looking dash, good seats and covers, all round power windows, GRANDE will surely be a competetor in the MUV segments.

Top Bottom