New Tata Grande Coming Without the 'Sumo' Badge!

A good move indeed. However, i feel the step should have been taken long back. IMO Grande should be relaunched with decent interiors, and a new engine (may be a detuned Safari one), to hit the markets hard.

Simply removing a name plate cannot change it's name. People will call this vehicle SUMO only. :biggrin:

I somewhat agree with you SUMO OR NO SUMO until TATA replace VICTA completely with GRANDE and position it against BOLERO, changing names won't help matters for TATA.But for some reason people percieve that changing name would enhance its sales figure,perhaps they believe in this phrase a little bit more than you and me:"PERCEPTION IS FINAL REALITY". [;)]

THE XOVER

350Z

Core Team
i don't know about passenger market but commercial market it is very much selling
Yes. In the cab segment – Tata Grande is doing very well. In fact, News channels are also using it but a privately owned car is an unusual sight.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
There are no major apparent changes as such except for the chrome treatment on exteriors and the new graphics.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Does this mean that sooner rather than later when Victa is discontinued we will have no tata sumo in market. If this is true than time to say goodbye to the legend that was Tata Sumo.
True. Sumo was a very popular and legendary brand name in the automotive sector of India and no doubt, that it will be thoroughly missed. Here is one my favourite TV Commercials of Sumo which used to air long back.

Kuch log sumo chalte hain - TATA Sumo Ad - YouTube

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom