New Swift Now Introduced at Rs.4.22 Lacs

Re: Brand New Swift Bookings Begins!!

no offence please, may i ask why endless discussion about swift ?

whats so special about swift compared to present gen cars?

it used to be one unique car couple of years ago but not any more .

imo regarding swift we are all overdoing it.

why not be contemporary and stick to optimism.

Last edited by a moderator:

no offence please, may i ask why endless discussion about swift ?

whats so special about swift compared to present gen cars?

it used to be one unique car couple of years ago but not any more .

imo regarding swift we are all overdoing it.

why not be contemporary and stick to optimism.
You mean people should stop posting in this thread only because swift in not all new anymore?! [surprise]

Last edited by a moderator:

AMG

Suspended

@ Jayadev

The swift was(or rather is) a car that redefined the Indian hatch scene.

It was a such a huge success, that people like Fiat could no longer afford to ignore the segment, and it was because of the Swift that the car you own(Punto), was introduced.

It also set the sales records on fire. It was one of the most successful cars from Maruti.

If the successor to such a car is about to be rumoured, then there is bound to be hype.

And I seriously dont get it why you are so annoyed at the Swift.

yesterday ive been to a maruti dealer and the the sales executive is a good friend of mine. i inquired about the bookings for the new swift, and the guy told me prelaunch booking has already started and there are tentatively
40+ bookings for the new car. then i ask him whens the launch. he said it will be likely to be launched in late june and sales will be from mid july. also the swift will come first in petrol with the now kseries engine and also a vvt variant, no change in engine for diesel( likely to be launched along or after some time, the guy was not sure about this) .

@ Jayadev

It was a such a huge success, that people like Fiat could no longer afford to ignore the segment, and it was because of the Swift that the car you own(Punto), was introduced.

It also set the sales records on fire. It was one of the most successful cars from Maruti.

If the successor to such a car is about to be rumoured, then there is bound to be hype.

excellent post..fully agree with you :agree:

@ Jayadev

Well said AMG!!![clap]

Also swift is one of the first preferences by youngsters for modification. And I can say that a new benchmark was made by this Swift DDiS engine in that segment, whose introduction worstly affected the then market leader Indica!!
It was only after that success we able to see the Indica Vista!!!

Also the booted Swift; the DZire is ruling the market from the day one.

Finaly (correct me if I am wrong) the Swift, DZire, Ritz, Vista, Manza, Palio, Punto
Linea, Diesels share the same Fiat engine, but no car is as succesful as the Swift and the DZire, thanks to the silent and peppy engine...[roll]

coz i see lot of swift on road and i am bored . previously it was amby.!!!

its pity that our youngsters are forced to survive on hype and rumours.which is very much undesirable.

Also swift is one of the first preferences by youngsters for modification.
modification in what sense ..if i am not wrong swift plagiarized mini cooper which is much disturbing to me.

i have great respect for m800 and alto and i seriously mean it but swift....

in india fiat uno holds some records for hatchbacks, but for poor ASS it faded like mist. that is why you see lot of fiat freaks still around

The Swift is no doubt still a favourite among indians, and the major reason for that is the excellent service back up.

Now lets move back to the topic.

yesterday ive been to a maruti dealer and the the sales executive is a good friend of mine. i inquired about the bookings for the new swift, and the guy told me prelaunch booking has already started and there are tentatively
40+ bookings for the new car. then i ask him whens the launch. he said it will be likely to be launched in late june and sales will be from mid july. also the swift will come first in petrol with the now kseries engine and also a vvt variant, no change in engine for diesel( likely to be launched along or after some time, the guy was not sure about this) .
I inquired with couple of dealers in Hyderabad and month of launch as per them is August. We are hearing the launch of Next Gen Swift for quite some time. Some dealers went to quote that it will be launched by the year end. Ignorant Dealers [frustration]. New Gen Swift looks quite exciting and it will sell like hot cakes. Only thing is to see when Maruti is finally going to launch this model. My gut feeling says it will be around Diwali this year. Lets pray & hope i am wrong and it launch quite early as Maruti also knows that they are loosing customers to Hyundai(i20), Ford(Figo) , VW(Polo) , Fiat(Punto).

350Z

Core Team

New Gen Swift looks quite exciting and it will sell like hot cakes. Only thing is to see when Maruti is finally going to launch this model. My gut feeling says it will be around Diwali this year.
Ditto to that. And ignorance at its fullest - here a dealer informed the launch will not happen this year at all.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Ditto to that. And ignorance at its fullest - here a dealer informed the launch will not happen this year at all.

Drive Safe,
350Z
OMG !!!!!!
Such a bad news for a Swift lover [cry]

Whats are the drastic chnages in new swift ? It almost looks like the old one

Whats are the drastic chnages in new swift ? It almost looks like the old one
There are umpteen number of changes in the Next Gen Swift. Ones which are quite visible are: Increased length ,width, wheelbase and increased visibility due to large windscreen. Better in looks with more curves and it is quite visible from the rear. Aggressive tail lamps. Seems to have bluetooth connectivity and other features like steering mounted controls and many more. To me it is much better hatch as compared to the current one. I also feel the interiors of Swift this time will be equivalent to Hyundai cars if not better.

Waiting eagerly for the biggest launch of the year 2011!!!!

Top Bottom