New SUV car or something like that

@ mastersquall

Try Scorpio. Surely new mhawk you gona love it. its very refined.

I too planned for Scorpio VLX 4WD waiting for my dad approval[thinking]

mastersquall, hope you have not sold your safari yet.
ot:no offence here,
i wonder what is this with indian people keep selling off thier cars and buy new ones.

even though i did sell of my first car in a year but that was only due to some persistant issues which had no resolutions at all and i was offered an exchange from the same dealer.
if the car is well and good it is not a gentleman attitude to sell it off for the sake of selling it. we dont sell off our home like that , do we?

why i am saying this is. one of my firend is selling his scrpio crdi and wishing to buy toyota fortuner. even though he just love his scorpio for the power, braking and pickup yet he got flattered for the elegant looks of fortuner. he had a test drive of the same and was disappointed to see the interiors ,not so good braking and bad road view but still he insist to go for it.
somehow i convinced him not to sell his scorpio for which i feel thankfull to almighty as he got me ,now he thanked me too. for a better option called modifications on it.

what a car it would be if you go for modifications upgrading suspensions, and what not...sky is the limit. it is so unfortunate that we indians prefer buying whatever is pushed in market no matter what. on the other hand western peoples own garages, and they do every possible thing they can with their beloved.they often keep their cars for 10-15 year at least before they junk it.

Last edited:
Well the problem is actually the cars you own! If you own a M800 you can have it even for 20 years but not a Safari! Infact with my experiences with TATA cars so far , its difficult maintaining a TATA beyond 10 years , bills will be huge! And TATA Safari is known for heavy maintenance.

So in this case i feel its good to sell off Safari before he starts facing problems with it.

Thread Starter #34
@ mastersquall

Try Scorpio. Surely new mhawk you gona love it. its very refined.

I too planned for Scorpio VLX 4WD waiting for my dad approval[thinking]
well safari is still with me after it get sold then only i will start test drive scorpio . Still good luck . i hope your father say yes[cheers] . its very good SUV after seeing mukash and raj ownership

also i had bad loss in my business . so i have postponed purchase of new SUV atleast for now .

mastersquall, hope you have not sold your safari yet.
ot:no offence here,
i wonder what is this with indian people keep selling off thier cars and buy new ones.

even though i did sell of my first car in a year but that was only due to some persistant issues which had no resolutions at all and i was offered an exchange from the same dealer.
if the car is well and good it is not a gentleman attitude to sell it off for the sake of selling it. we dont sell off our home like that , do we?

why i am saying this is. one of my firend is selling his scrpio crdi and wishing to buy toyota fortuner. even though he just love his scorpio for the power, braking and pickup yet he got flattered for the elegant looks of fortuner. he had a test drive of the same and was disappointed to see the interiors ,not so good braking and bad road view but still he insist to go for it.
somehow i convinced him not to sell his scorpio for which i feel thankfull to almighty as he got me ,now he thanked me too. for a better option called modifications on it.

what a car it would be if you go for modifications upgrading suspensions, and what not...sky is the limit. it is so unfortunate that we indians prefer buying whatever is pushed in market no matter what. on the other hand western peoples own garages, and they do every possible thing they can with their beloved.they often keep their cars for 10-15 year at least before they junk it.
i agree with you but after seeing dhaya problems i think its best to sell safari before it give me headache . As dhaya said i can too keep M800 for 20 as we had M800 for 9 years after that we sold it off just because no one was driving it after new santro and corolla was purchased .

Still i will keep your suggestion in mind

Still i will keep your suggestion in mind
i have heard it from an excellent and renown auto technician," no car is bad but its the owner or driver" and i believe him.
well i do not want to debate or philosophize ,but at least we people in TAI should be able to pull out of all those odds .
blame it on us we Indian's we do not like our own homegrown products we always like Japanese or western. people compared petrol maruthi 800 with diesel indica.(10 years ago maruthi owners ran for indica considering the price of diesal.)

people compared just 10year old tata cars with 50+ year old suzuki and others. so what happens low sales poor backups and no chance of survival.that is the fate of india .

its not about defaming our homegrown products buddy but fact is that our indian products still have a long way to go where quality & reliability is concerned.

yes, talk about looks, performance, VFM, etc, our indian products are on par with some jap products.

Well Jayadev if you have had your Indica for few more years you would have agreed with me! My Safari is driven by only me and dad , no driver! We maintain it well , service it well but still it has given us plenty of problems in the past one year! I never defame Indian manufacturers , infact i like all TATA cars but their A.S.S and reliability is their problem! That is why i suggested Scorpio also to Masteraquall and hey myself i have booked an Aria only!

350Z

Core Team
Re: Hyundai Accent Modifications

Got the Accent home? Eagerly waiting for the review and pictures.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #39

car is still with its owner i told him to wait i got another crazy idea for which i already disturbing ilango :biggrin: if i find that idea impractical then this girl is coming home

350Z

Core Team

Would you mind to reveal that crazy idea with all of us?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #41

well actually on friday i was going to buy accent but due some meeting never got time so i though i will buy her on sunday as saturday is not good day to buy metal object . So on saturday afternoon i was waiting in my i10 for someone to arrive . While waiting i saw a person showing another person sierra which he was selling so i too went there to look . he was asking 90k for it and the way he had maintained sierra i say he is asking right money . So while was looking at sierra . i saw a CNG innova parked just near it and i got this crazy idea why not put innova petrol engine in it and then CNG and enjoy the beast which is easy on pocket also . SO i had PM ilango about it and he said if innova engine can be fitted in gypsy then there should be no problem in sierra so just running around . I told accent owner to wait till friday :D

So while was looking at sierra . i saw a CNG innova parked just near it and i got this crazy idea why not put innova petrol engine in it and then CNG and enjoy the beast which is easy on pocket also .
One of my neighbor has brought a 2003 Safari petrol (in average condition); fitted CNG and he says that it gives average of Rs2/km![shock]
BTW the idea was not bad; he plans to fit two woofers in it (removed from his old ride) and I suggested him to get alloys; which will make the ride look killer.

350Z

Core Team

well actually on friday i was going to buy accent but due some meeting never got time so i though i will buy her on sunday as saturday is not good day to buy metal object . So on saturday afternoon i was waiting in my i10 for someone to arrive . While waiting i saw a person showing another person sierra which he was selling so i too went there to look . he was asking 90k for it and the way he had maintained sierra i say he is asking right money . So while was looking at sierra . i saw a CNG innova parked just near it and i got this crazy idea why not put innova petrol engine in it and then CNG and enjoy the beast which is easy on pocket also . SO i had PM ilango about it and he said if innova engine can be fitted in gypsy then there should be no problem in sierra so just running around . I told accent owner to wait till friday :D
Wow. That story has a few interesting loops. Is that a Red Sierra by any chance?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #45

One of my neighbor has brought a 2003 Safari petrol (in average condition); fitted CNG and he says that it gives average of Rs2/km![shock]
BTW the idea was not bad; he plans to fit two woofers in it (removed from his old ride) and I suggested him to get alloys; which will make the ride look killer.
O_O 2 he must be joking . i meet long ago petrol owner of safari and he told me that his safari give 10 in city . Really loved his safari noise less and very good acceleration

Tell owner to get his engine checked asap there is something wrong because CNG always give +2 average above whatever petrol gives i am not saying by reading some article or book but by my own experience of 4 years of driving 3 CNG cars .

Wow. That story has a few interesting loops. Is that a Red Sierra by any chance?

Drive Safe,
350Z
nope its blue i found another one which is silver

ilango[speed thirst];89378 said:
Check for legal issues for engine transplant.

fitting an innova engine is not a big job! but its a big job with lot of patience and BRAIN!!

Hope you got me!

Rest i , have pm'd u!
there will be issue not only engine but with CNG also because CNG kit are certified to car not engine so in the end i will running illegal but who cares what else you want under 2L .

I will be going to meet person who will do this work tomorrow evening as i have only till Friday to decide else accent

Top Bottom