New SUV car or something like that

350Z

Core Team
A tastefully customized Gypsy sounds an interesting idea, but it depends what particularly your requirements are, same thing goes for the choice of Safari’s Petrol or Diesel option too. That’s why, first please clarify your requirements from the car. Otherwise, considering that its going to be a typical replacement for your current car, then watch out for the new Tata Safari, because after having a look at the Aria, I’m certain that upcoming Safari would too have better quality standard and hopefully, responsive after sales as well. Fingers crossed.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #19
Looking forward for your TD response because i myself have not driven Scorpio yet and since you also own Safari , you can give a detailed comparison report.
will try my best but you have to wait till my safari get sold [;)]
Does the Yeti fit your bill?

If not, then it is always best to keep your current Safari as it doesnt trouble you much.
wish i could . yeti would be great for me as driving in city would be easier and also no problem reaching factory but i know i am not a rich guy so even 10L is huge amount for me .

ya my safari never gave me problem . like loyal beast it did what i said but seeing dhaya safari problem i think it would be good that i sell it . else who know i change my mind very quickly .

@ dhaya: Give them your old or discontinued number. I did that when i test drove the Aria!
haha i also do that when i don't want them ti contact me

A tastefully customized Gypsy sounds an interesting idea, but it depends what particularly your requirements are, same thing goes for the choice of Safari’s Petrol or Diesel option too. That’s why, first please clarify your requirements from the car. Otherwise, considering that its going to be a typical replacement for your current car, then watch out for the new Tata Safari, because after having a look at the Aria, I’m certain that upcoming Safari would too have better quality standard and hopefully, responsive after sales as well. Fingers crossed.

Drive Safe,
350Z
actually i want SUV car for myself not family car which remain parked in parking lot as i will drive it everyday and off-road capability as i have to travel sometime worst roads we can find in india .

*finger cross* i hope so for new safari .

about gypsy idea come after seeing my friend gypsy . awesome looking car atleast for me . Also i can have external look way i want and still enjoy luxurious interior also plus it will have off-road capability and small size means easy to park and drive but only negative point is that it will have low sale value and other people may not like its exterior .

350Z

Core Team
If the car will be mainly used by you alone, then I'd suggest to give a serious thought to the Gypsy. At least if I were in a similar position, I sure would have considered one. Though it'd prove to be a cheaper alternative but non-availability of Diesel engine will remain a disappointment. But still, wait for the new Safari to launch before finalizing the decision.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #21
If the car will be mainly used by you alone, then I'd suggest to give a serious thought to the Gypsy. At least if I were in a similar position, I sure would have considered one. Though it'd prove to be a cheaper alternative but non-availability of Diesel engine will remain a disappointment. But still, wait for the new Safari to launch before finalizing the decision.

Drive Safe,
350Z
already done my homework but only thing stopping me going for it is new safari coming in January 2011 so i have hold my plan till then .

New Safari would take a while to be launched. As it would be coming with the X2 platform as Aria. If it stays with X1 platform- stay away from Safari....

Thread Starter #23
guys need one suggestion

i was talking to person regarding modified bolero or gypsy . now we know gypsy is petrol where as bolero is diesel .

i was telling him that 75% time my car would be on proper road only 25% will be worst road specially travelling between different different factory .

So i don't want hardcore offroad car but decent comfortable and if possible less noisy(really hate diesel sound of my safari like truck but still love it) car which don't say no to those roads .

he said me then definitely you need petrol . so gypsy is perfect for you but its not comfortable as you want .SO it need suspension work .

i then google lot about suspension of gypsy but didn't find good answer . every where i see people saying not suitable for person like me [cry] .

i know you guys must be thinking me as mad person who buying gypsy but not using for offroad but that's way i am and also i wanted car which look like way i want and cheapest way to fullfill my dream of owning totally different car from others ,also mean and aggressive looking car [:D].

max. investment i am thinking 5L(4.50L after selling safari + 50K mine [evil]) which means 2L(second hand gypsy) + 3L(modification) .

i already Email autopsyche . will see what they say .

So should i still go for gypsy

Last edited:
What's your monthly running? If its not much you can go ahead with Gypsy. But what about spares and FE of gypsy? Does Maruthi still provide spares for Gypsy?

Thread Starter #25
What's your monthly running? If its not much you can go ahead with Gypsy. But what about spares and FE of gypsy? Does Maruthi still provide spares for Gypsy?
well its not fix . like in October we had 6000 running but in September we had 1500 only .

so i guess around 2000 avg. [confused]

about spare parts as police still use gypsy so spare won't be problem .

FE it sucks just 6-7 after mod that's what my friend told me who has modified gypsy .

so guys can it possible to make gypsy comfortable like suspension work [frustration].

or any other SUV like gypsy available in petrol version which i can modify

Last edited:
For your running , the running costs will be far more than our Safari! Do you still need petrol? Since your running is high diesel will be economical.

Its better you go again for a new Safari or Scorpio.

If your case is gypsy , yes its solid and can be driven anywhere . with its light weight and good power it excels many places. read numerous off road adventure in india

A suspension mod must be done according to your taste. Always a too hard and too soft will spoil.

Blisten have some product for gyspy , i hope - not sure.
koni?

research!!

As for new vehicle - choices between safari/ scorpio
i vote for scorpio.

Thread Starter #28
For your running , the running costs will be far more than our Safari! Do you still need petrol? Since your running is high diesel will be economical.

Its better you go again for a new Safari or Scorpio.
well that's the same thing i too thought so while buying safari 4years ago but these 4years i cursed my self for buying diesel . i really loved safari . i would diffidently buy it again but diesel only if they stop this truck sound T_T .

still i haven't driven scorpio so can't comment .

ilango[speed thirst];58173 said:
If your case is gypsy , yes its solid and can be driven anywhere . with its light weight and good power it excels many places. read numerous off road adventure in india

A suspension mod must be done according to your taste. Always a too hard and too soft will spoil.

Blisten have some product for gyspy , i hope - not sure.
koni?

research!!

As for new vehicle - choices between safari/ scorpio
i vote for scorpio.
well that's what i am thinking i have no idea what to do . make gypsy comfortable for road or make it offroad .

ok just got autopysche email they said it will cost me around 5L including car approx. for my type of modification .

now just this safari get sold so that i go TD Scorpio else gypsy

Thread Starter #30
You sold your car , for how much? Please update in your ownership thread too.

My suggestion Scorpio.
nope not yet . i don't want to sell it below 4.50L . and people don't see how much i have maintained it . only seeing that other cars are selling at low price even if they are 85k+ T_T . this car has just completed 50k . i should have maintained it badly then give others headace .

Top Bottom