New Skoda Laura Rally Sport (RS) Now in India

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Disappointed because Skoda Octavia RS is not available anymore in India? But always have a dream to own brand new one?

This is the time to rejoice for us! From sometime now the rumors have been floating around that Skoda India is planning to release the Laura vRS by September 2011. It’s the same variant which was showcased last year on Auto Expo 2010 too. Though, any major changes inside the hood are unlikely but the car sure will be loaded with stunning and head turning cosmetic changes with the catchy bright yellow colour shade.

Skoda_Laura_RS.jpg

Skoda_Laura_RS_India.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

re: Skoda Laura vRS Makeover Releasing on 31 August

Doesn't this vRS model going to sport the 170bhp engine instead of the 140bhp it currently has?
Expectations will be high from this car because of the success of Octi vRS.

hmm...laura RS will be more pricey than octy RS and it wont have any big engine also.. suspect if it will recreate history of octy vrs sucess!!

Without tweaks under the hood, i dont think it would be worth the vRS badge. As for the cosmetic changes, i feel the oe kits are more often dull and lack the appeal which aftermarket kits offer.

Thread Starter #5

350Z

Core Team

Doesn't this vRS model going to sport the 170bhp engine instead of the 140bhp it currently has?
Expectations will be high from this car because of the success of Octi vRS.
Sadly, not. As per the rumors, the Indian Skoda Laura vRS will continue getting 1.8 TSI under the hood which can produce maximum of 160 BHP and 250NM Torque.

Drive Safe,
350Z

AMG

Suspended

But nevertheless, the car will handle like a dream.

Finally Skoda India broke the silence on the Laura vRS. The launch date has been confirmed on 31st of this month. As per the reports, the new vRS version will get the the same 1.8 TSI petrol engine under the hood. However considering the high petrol prices, we can expect a diesel version soon.

Here's a piece of report from Motoroids.

Since the first time the news broke out we reported to you Skoda planning to launch the Laura R S in India. Now Skoda India has made it official by also fixing a date for the launch which will be 31st of August 2011.

Re: Skoda Laura vRS Makeover Releasing on 31 August

Well,I still remember that I booked my Laura TSI on 2nd january of 2011,after waiting for the RS for three months,from the time I received the delivery of my car on 14th jan,I have been watching the RS being launched everyday.Now let's see whats done on 31st August too.The car will have the same 1.8 TSI and the engine cannot be put to a quaestion because of the blasting performance it gives with a decent FE too.
Any idea if this kit will be available at Skoda dealerships?

Thread Starter #10

350Z

Core Team
Re: Skoda Laura vRS Makeover Releasing on 31 August

Here we go with the Spy Pictures of another much awaited release - Skoda Laura vRS.

Skoda-Laura-vRS-1.jpg

Skoda-Laura-vRS-2.jpg

Skoda-Laura-vRS-3.jpg
Pics: Indian Autos Blog

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #12

350Z

Core Team
Re: Skoda Laura vRS - Releasing August, 31st

Skoda Laura vRS is just a few days away. The launch date has started flashing on their website too.

skoda-vrs.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #13

350Z

Core Team
New Skoda Laura vRS Debuts in India

Skoda has released the much awaited Laura vRS in India. However, launch ceremony could not take place because of the heavy rains in Mumbai. New Skoda Laura vRS is priced at Rs.15,19,609. Exclusive vRS features include:

• LED Position Lights: The independent LEDs for the position lights are located above the fog lights in the RS. In keeping with the RS design philosophy they enhance both performance and appearance.

• Steel Sports Pedals: Race-bred alloy steel pedals, rubber grips and stylish grey-trimmed floor mats ensure the perfect blend of performance and practicality in the RS.

• Engines: The 1.8 TSI petrol engine with a power output of 118 kW has the highest specific power and specific torque in its segment. The engine guarantees an exceptional performance and at the same time provides efficient fuel consumption.

• 16” Draconis Alloy Wheels: 16" alloy wheels complement the sporty exterior of the RS. Equipped with 205/55 R16 tyres, they provide safety, performance and enhanced driving comfort. From rally to road, the Škoda Laura RS inherits the best of Škoda’s rich motorsport experience to offer the motorsport enthusiast a luxurious blend of comfort, control & charisma.

Available Colours:

• Sprint Yellow

• Race Blue

• Candy White

• Magic Black
Mr. Thomas Kuehl said:
The new Laura RS is a performance oriented product aimed at car enthusiasts who have an emotional connect with their car. It’s not a product you choose on pure rationale as the RS badge evokes tremendous passion amongst the owners. Designed to provide maximum driving pleasure through performance and precision, the RS also continues to build on ŠKODA's reputation for comfort and safety. We hope our customers enjoy this product as much as we do”
Laura RS (1).jpg

Laura RS.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom