New Scooter For City Runs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Changed to Dio

And,finally after lots of deliberations,I have changed my booking from Activa to Dio today.I have booked the same Matte Grey colour in Dio too.Will be getting in a week or two as there is heavy demand for Dio.Why I went to Dio coz it looks much better than activa and cheaper by few thousands and it suits me so much.

Total on-road price of my Dio is-₹61,849.
Even That's What i thought Dio Suits you than activa, Is dio coming with disk brake version? If yes take disk brake variant

Planning to buy one for the exact same reason, "city runs" no guarantee that it will be used daily or even on weekends. Need budget scooter(at or under 50k) need to buy new one as i am not too keen for a used one unless the price for that mode is a steal.

Last edited:
Planning to buy one for the exact same reason, "city runs" no guarantee that it will be used daily or even on weekends. Need budget scooter(at or under 50k) need to buy new one as i am not too keen for a used one unless the price for that mode is a steal.
TD the Honda Cliq it's within your budget, or the Navi if you like the odd ball look.

TD the Honda Cliq it's within your budget, or the Navi if you like the odd ball look.
Thanks for the info will TD the cliq this weekend Navi a big no[roll]. Was also thinking about hero pleasure if at all I increase my budget by 4-5k. The only gearless scooters I rode before are Activa(Goa rentals) and the KIHO Dx back in my college days, belonged to my friend I was his PP(Petrol Partner[:)]).

Thread Starter #95

And,finally after lots of deliberations,I have changed my booking from Activa to Dio today.I have booked the same Matte Grey colour in Dio too.Will be getting in a week or two as there is heavy demand for Dio.Why I went to Dio coz it looks much better than activa and cheaper by few thousands and it suits me so much.

Total on-road price of my Dio is-₹61,849.
Didn't purchase the Dio or Activa due to strict orders by my parents.Hence,bought our 2012 Access,which was lying at our another house since almost 2 years.It had run 10400 Kms when we bought it on September 26th and now he is close to 12000 Kms(odo reading as of yesterday night is 11869 Kms)and I did nearly 1500 Kms in 1.5 months.I'm using it as my daily commute to my college,which is 25-30 Kms up and down and it is being used for bringing groceries,vegetables and other stuff sometimes.And,to say frankly,I hate this vehicle's brakes as the stopping power is less and I hate its ride quality too.Mileage I'm getting is around 35-40 Kmpl with last being around 37-38 Kmpl.A month ago,I got around 43.5 Kmpl,that too in city traffic.

Maybe in Jan 2018,my dad has promised me that he will get me an Activa 4G or Aprilia SR150.My heart says to go for Aprilia SR150 whereas mind says to go for Activa 4G.Hope,I'll buy a new one by Jan 2018 as I'm hating my Access to the core due to its brakes,suspension and mileage.I'm quite surprised that Aprilia gives more FE than Access.

Thread Starter #96
Buying Aprilia SR150 under loan

Guys,

Thinking to buy an Aprilia SR150 for myself by taking some loan on it soon.Now,the question is,am I eligible for taking loan under my name as my age is 19 now(completed in August 2017)as our Honda City is under mom's name and Innova is under dad's name and if I buy it under their names,we have to pay another 2% of tax and what are the procedures for loan process if I buy it under my name and as I'm not a salaried person hence thinking to put my mom's name as guarantor as she is the one who will be paying my two wheeler's EMI.The duration I want to take is for 18 months to avoid hassles in future.

And,the price of SR150 is close to Rs.80K whereas Race one costs Rs.83K on road Hyd.

And,I would be taking Rs.50-60K as loan amount and remaining Rs.20-30K as downpayment.

Re: Buying Aprilia SR150 under loan

Guys,

Thinking to buy an Aprilia SR150 for myself by taking some loan on it soon.Now,the question is,am I eligible for taking loan under my name as my age is 19 now(completed in August 2017)as our Honda City is under mom's name and Innova is under dad's name and if I buy it under their names,we have to pay another 2% of tax and what are the procedures for loan process if I buy it under my name and as I'm not a salaried person hence thinking to put my mom's name as guarantor as she is the one who will be paying my two wheeler's EMI.The duration I want to take is for 18 months to avoid hassles in future.

And,the price of SR150 is close to Rs.80K whereas Race one costs Rs.83K on road Hyd.

And,I would be taking Rs.50-60K as loan amount and remaining Rs.20-30K as downpayment.
Let me share my experience with you though with TVS Jupiter. It was costing me 70K OTR and initially I thought to pay 15K as down payment and then take a loan for remaining amount. But the rate of interest on offer was not very attractive and I was also not very much happy with the idea of hypothecating my vehicle to bank. Therefore I took the alternate route and went ahead with a personal loan for similar rate of interest and tenure and bought the vehicle for cash.
Maybe your dad or mom can avail a personal loan with better rate of interest and that could solve your problem. Just my 2 cents to assist you.

Didn't purchase the Dio or Activa due to strict orders by my parents.Hence,bought our 2012 Access,which was lying at our another house since almost 2 years.It had run 10400 Kms when we bought it on September 26th and now he is close to 12000 Kms(odo reading as of yesterday night is 11869 Kms)and I did nearly 1500 Kms in 1.5 months.I'm using it as my daily commute to my college,which is 25-30 Kms up and down and it is being used for bringing groceries,vegetables and other stuff sometimes.And,to say frankly,I hate this vehicle's brakes as the stopping power is less and I hate its ride quality too.Mileage I'm getting is around 35-40 Kmpl with last being around 37-38 Kmpl.A month ago,I got around 43.5 Kmpl,that too in city traffic.

Maybe in Jan 2018,my dad has promised me that he will get me an Activa 4G or Aprilia SR150.My heart says to go for Aprilia SR150 whereas mind says to go for Activa 4G.Hope,I'll buy a new one by Jan 2018 as I'm hating my Access to the core due to its brakes,suspension and mileage.I'm quite surprised that Aprilia gives more FE than Access.
Mate, if you hate the suspension of Access then trust me you will despise buying an Activa 4G. I recently was in market for a scooter for my wife and considered Activa 4G, Dio and Jupiter. After taking the test ride of all of them I finalized TVS Jupiter due to the suspension, ride quality, comfort and better handling over Activa 4G and Dio.

Thread Starter #99
Got bored of riding our Access 125 due to bad brakes and suspension even after giving her for service a month and a half ago.I almost fell down while braking and luckily,I didn’t fall from my scooter but my scooter fell down.Hence,decided to buy a scooter for my daily rides to college and considering Aprilia SR150,Activa 5G and Grazia.

Heart says Aprilia due to its looks and performance whereas mind says Activa 5G or Grazia due to low maintenance and high FE(I’m already suffering with low mileage of Access)and cooler features like seat lock switch,digital meter and charging port.

Thread Starter #100
Booked Aprilia SR150 by paying Rs.5000 and getting it today mostly.Will post the initial review and pics as soon as I get my vehicle.The OTR of my vehicle is Rs.83000 along with accessories like side stand and floor mat and I'm buying black one.

Thread Starter #101
Bought Aprilia SR150 finally!

And,yes,I got my Aprilia SR150 delivered today in the evening.Had got him Pooja done and rode him for 15 Kms after delivery.I got him when the odo was 3 Kms and now,I did 15 Kms and filled Rs.300 worth of fuel as soon as I got him out of the showroom.

And,I named my Aprilia "Darth Vader" as I bought the vehicle in black colour and its my first ever own vehicle bought under my name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom