New Scooter For City Runs

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Akash1886, I absolutely agree with you. I hope our friend realises this difference between his current situation and his desire/fantasy and tried to keep the talk relevant and productive.
cheers [:D].

@Music_Swift, no offence intended but if you really want to say something, then be specific. Dont wander about your thoughts and state them as such.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Music_Swift, no offence intended but if you really want to say something, then be specific. Dont wander about your thoughts and state them as such.
Right now market is flooded with so many choices and everyone having their own preferences. Music_Swift is also in the same boat, I believe he should either listen to his heart or leave it to parents and focus on study and sport.

Thread Starter #63
Update-Had TD'ed Jupiter today for second time and got impressed.Its pickup was good as our Access 125 but it was a short TD.I felt Jupiter can beat Activa in many ways like suspension,features and price.But Activa is the undisputed leader in scooter segment.Price of Jupiter is ₹60K without accessories for normal colours and ₹62K for stallion brown colour,which I liked it much more than regular colours.But in regular colours of Jupiter,I like Black,Grey,Red and Matte Grey.

Waiting period for Jupiter in regular colours are available immediately whereas Stallion Brown has 15-20 days waiting period due to being limited edition version.

Thread Starter #67
With an heavy heart,have to rule out scooters as my parents are not interested to get me a scooter due to safety reasons.So,however next year planning to buy a lightweight bike at ₹2L budget as I turn 18.But,my friends who mostly prefer cars over two wheelers,are not encouraging me to buy a bike or a scooter due to same reason as said by my parents.Im considering R15 V2.0,KTM Duke 200/390,KTM RC200/390 as my first ever bike.But,till now didn't learn how to ride a bike.Will learn riding a bike with the help of my brother.BTW,my height is about 5'7-5'8 and weighing about 65 Kgs.Want to gain more weight for handling a bike like R15,Duke,RC on heavy traffic.But,my father may worry if I buy a bike as I'm the only son for them and has different plans as he wants me to drive a car over two wheelers.

Thread Starter #68
I'm going to buy a scooter for myself soon after convincing my parents.They said they will get me and I landed up with many confusions.The scoots which I'm considering are Jupiter,Activa 125,Dio and Vespa.

Thread Starter #70
Vespa 150 is good!
Awesome looks combined with peppy engine!
Yeah,Vespa 150 is tempting me a lot.But the cost is ₹1L in our city.This is one of my contenders.Or else,will go for bikes like CBR or Duke.I felt CBR and Duke both too light for my height and weight.The added advantage is we can cruise them around city traffic easily.BTW,my height is around 5'7-5'8 and weigh around 60-65 Kgs.

Yeah,Vespa 150 is tempting me a lot.But the cost is ₹1L in our city.This is one of my contenders.Or else,will go for bikes like CBR or Duke.I felt CBR and Duke both too light for my height and weight.The added advantage is we can cruise them around city traffic easily.BTW,my height is around 5'7-5'8 and weigh around 60-65 Kgs.
If you like both scooters and bike then buy a yamaha fz-s and learn to drive a bike then after some years buy a car of your own choice.

Fz-s is a bike that has the perfect riding stance and with the mono shock at the rear it is more flexible at corners. Buy an fz-s now and after some years (1-2 years ) that is after building your body you can think of buying a super bike than the r15, etc.

So first buy the lightest bike (fz-s) then after you have learned to drive, then buy a heavier bike so that in that time you would know how a heavier bike behaves. I myself was driving a cbz xtreme for 2 years to learn driving but now after learning I just got my RE.

But,my father may worry if I buy a bike as I'm the only son for them and has different plans as he wants me to drive a car over two wheelers.
Parents won't be worried if we drive safely and drive with the safety gears. They will feel proud that we are driving safely than others on the road.

Mods can you merge these two posts (71 and 72), forgot to use multi quote.

Thread Starter #72
If you like both scooters and bike then buy a yamaha fz-s and learn to drive a bike then after some years buy a car of your own choice.

Fz-s is a bike that has the perfect riding stance and with the mono shock at the rear it is more flexible at corners. Buy an fz-s now and after some years (1-2 years ) that is after building your body you can think of buying a super bike than the r15, etc.

So first buy the lightest bike (fz-s) then after you have learned to drive, then buy a heavier bike so that in that time you would know how a heavier bike behaves. I myself was driving a cbz xtreme for 2 years to learn driving but now after learning I just got my RE.

Parents won't be worried if we drive safely and drive with the safety gears. They will feel proud that we are driving safely than others on the road.

Mods can you merge these two posts (71 and 72), forgot to use multi quote.
Replying after a long time,

Thanks for the inputs Mithra bro.First I have decided to buy an Activa 125,Dio or Jupiter instead of buying Vespa because resale and service centre is an important factor for me as Honda and TVS service centre is near to my home.After an year,will buy a bike like KTM Duke,KTM RC,CBR or R15.Dont want super bikes like Ninja because my parents doesn't want to spend much on superbikes.I have decided to learn on my brother's Splendor Plus as it is lighter and easy to learn.Maybe in 2016-17,I think so I will buy a sports bike for myself.I may set the budget of ₹2L on these bikes by 2016-17.

Btw,which bike is best for my height?My height is 5'7-5'8 and weigh about 60-70 Kgs.

Last edited:
which bike is best for my height?My height is 5'7-5'8 and weigh about 60-70 Kgs.
Budget?
Are you asking for the first bike or to buy the sports bike?

If it is your first bike then:

If your budget is around 80K - 90K then i would suggest you to go for the yamaha fz-s which will be a better bike for learning racers with its
monoshock at the rear it will help you to learn the racing bike dna.

But still if you want some muscular, and stirkingly looking machine then buy the Hero xtreme sports or the Hero xtreme with its high seating than the competitors it is best suitable for tall persons and me being 5'8 with a weight of 70 Kgs own a 2009 cbz xtreme and i would say that the present 2014 xtreme's seat height is little bit higher than the older models. And the handle bar is way bit far (but not like cruisers) and it makes it comfortable for tall persons.

When i went to test drove it i just took my 2009 cbz to the dealer then after when i sat on the new vehicle i was more comfortable and the view was more commanding than in my old cbz and with lots of features it is worth every money you invest in it as the older cbz's didn't have many features but in 2009 i bought my cbz for 75K but now it has many features like engine immobiliser, digital analoge meter, more sleeker looking cowl and now with its features it just cost around 80K - 85K on-road which is a worthier buy and its after sales service is much more fuss free than any other motorcyle.

So go for the Hero motorcycles if you want a tall bike with muscular looks.

If you want a superbike:
Then buy the KTM Duke 200 or 390 as the other bikes like R15, KTM RC's are all for the short persons and KTM Dukes has a better riding stance and have a low end grunt and it is more powerful and it is more fun to drive than the faired versions when it comes to riding posture for tall persons. And KTM Duke's have a comfortable handle bar meant for tall persons.

Hey Music_Swift.

Go for the Dio or Activa. The Activa 125 would be a better choice as it has a gem of an engine (better in power and response than Dio's 110) and looks much better than the Dio. TVS Jupiter is feature loaded but the engine feels sluggish in front of the Hondas. The ride quality (handling part and not comfort) is better in Honda Activa and Dio. Dio becomes unstable after 80 kmph while Activa still holds on till 90 kmph. Price difference won't be much but if you want to spend less, Dio is also not a bad choice.

Do not worry about your size (hieght, weight, i.e. [lol]). Even I used to feel that "I would not be able to ride big heavy bikes" but once you get experience of riding bikes, believe me no bike would feel "tall" or "heavy". I am 5'8" and around 75-80 kg and used to feel the same till I rode my friend's FZ. The seat is placed lower than you'd expect and is a delight to drive at low-mid RPMs. After that, I didn't have much problems with the 200NS (tall seating) or Thunderbird 350 (heavy). So don't limit your choices because of your body size.

Thread Starter #75
Mithra-As a first bike,I would go for sports bike only as I want to enjoy riding that type of bikes for long time.I like Duke very much and I found R15 lighter than CBR250R.Not sure about RC but I feel it would be heavier than Duke,R15.

ice_wise-Thanks for the inputs bro.As of now,my parents are saying no to scoots as I turn 18 in August 2016 and I mostly drive on city traffic.For highways,we have car.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom