New Scooter For City Runs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mithra-As a first bike,I would go for sports bike only as I want to enjoy riding that type of bikes for long time.I like Duke very much and I found R15 lighter than CBR250R.Not sure about RC but I feel it would be heavier than Duke,R15.

ice_wise-Thanks for the inputs bro.As of now,my parents are saying no to scoots as I turn 18 in August 2016 and I mostly drive on city traffic.For highways,we have car.
Bro, Rc 390 is very uncomfortable than my cbr250r!! You won't feel weight at all on cbr250r. Cbr is awesome bike it's given me soo much confidence. Recently sold it for good price and got Kawasaki Z800 on my birthday!!. My first bike was cbr250r I've got it on my 18th birthday.
Btw, Rc 200/390 are very uncomfortable as i have used it for few months. It will heat like hell in traffic. Your legs will feel very uncomfortable because of heat and it's exhaust note is bad. Once TD all bikes.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #77
Bro, Rc 390 is very uncomfortable than my cbr250r!! You won't feel weight at all on cbr250r. Cbr is awesome bike it's given me soo much confidence. Recently sold it for good price and got Kawasaki Z800 on my birthday!!. My first bike was cbr250r I've got it on my 18th birthday.
Btw, Rc 200/390 are very uncomfortable as i have used it for few months. It will heat like hell in traffic. Your legs will feel very uncomfortable because of heat and it's exhaust note is bad. Once TD all bikes.
Thanks for the inputs Manish.I heard from many people that people are losing their lives due to KTM bikes.Is it really true?Though I love the exhaust note of KTMs,I'm skeptical about this.I feel KTM Duke is way lighter than RC.Duke rides like FZ.

And,I had compared the specs of CBR150 and 250.The weight of 150R is 138 Kgs whereas 250 is 163 Kgs.This is 25 Kgs more than 150 whereas the weight of KTM Duke 200 is 129 Kgs and weight of D390 is 139 Kgs and the weight of RC200 is 139.5 Kgs whereas 390 is around 150-160 Kgs and the weight of R15 is 136 Kgs.

What I want is it should be comfortable to sit and ride in city traffic.As we have car for other activities,the bike would be ridden by myself.

And,congrats for buying Kawasaki Z800.

Last edited:
Thanks for the inputs Manish.I heard from many people that people are losing their lives due to KTM bikes.Is it really true?Though I love the exhaust note of KTMs,I'm skeptical about this.I feel KTM Duke is way lighter than RC.Duke rides like FZ.

And,I had compared the specs of CBR150 and 250.The weight of 150R is 138 Kgs whereas 250 is 163 Kgs.This is 25 Kgs more than 150 whereas the weight of KTM Duke 200 is 129 Kgs and weight of D390 is 139 Kgs and the weight of RC200 is 139.5 Kgs whereas 390 is around 150-160 Kgs and the weight of R15 is 136 Kgs.

What I want is it should be comfortable to sit and ride in city traffic.As we have car for other activities,the bike would be ridden by myself.

And,congrats for buying Kawasaki Z800.
Thanks Abhinav.Buddy it's not at all comfortable to sit. Ktm duke 200 is light weight but it's seat is rock hard. your back will pain after driving few kms for sure. I felt cbr 250r is very comfortable than ktm duke 200 and rc 390. My friend's have dukes/RC's we exchange our bike every month. I have driven duke for some thousands kms trust me Cbr250r is way more comfortable and handle's better than duke 200. I won't suggest you duke 390 as you're first bike as it's powerful. cbr250r vs duke 200 in a drag cbr will win and another shocking true fact is Pulsar rs200 is also very comfortable than duke 200. Yes same engine in duke/pulsar rs200. Test drive these three bikes cbr250r,duke 200,pulsar rs200(I won't recommend RC200 it's uncomfortable to drive in city because of it's position you have to stretch your hands to handle bars and foot pegs are at rear tyre that position is ok for track but for city???). And pillion rider will also uncomfortable in Duke whereas in cbr it's very comfortable for pillion rider.

P.S : i will go to chicane circuit track course every Sunday in leonia resorts shamirpet. So i will drive my all friends bike!!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #79
Thanks Abhinav.Buddy it's not at all comfortable to sit. Ktm duke 200 is light weight but it's seat is rock hard. your back will pain after driving few kms for sure. I felt cbr 250r is very comfortable than ktm duke 200 and rc 390. My friend's have dukes/RC's we exchange our bike every month. I have driven duke for some thousands kms trust me Cbr250r is way more comfortable and handle's better than duke 200. I won't suggest you duke 390 as you're first bike as it's powerful. cbr250r vs duke 200 in a drag cbr will win and another shocking true fact is Pulsar rs200 is also very comfortable than duke 200. Yes same engine in duke/pulsar rs200. Test drive these three bikes cbr250r,duke 200,pulsar rs200(I won't recommend RC200 it's uncomfortable to drive in city because of it's position you have to stretch your hands to handle bars and foot pegs are at rear tyre that position is ok for track but for city???). And pillion rider will also uncomfortable in Duke whereas in cbr it's very comfortable for pillion rider.

P.S : i will go to chicane circuit track course every Sunday in leonia resorts shamirpet. So i will drive my all friends bike!!
I got to know that KTM had upgraded the seats of Duke 200 and 390 in March 2015.The seats are way softer than previous one AFAIK.2 years ago,when my dad's friend and his son came on their CBR250R.He and my father went in our car whereas me and his son went on CBR.I found the CBR pillion seat ok.And,recently,my another friend bought CBR150R over Duke 200 and R15.And,I found 150 lighter than other bikes.I didn't do pillion riding but sat on driving seat simply and found it lighter.And,KTM had unveiled 2016 RC390 recently with soft seats.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #80
Activa 4G it is!

Booked an Activa 4G today in Matte Grey colour for ₹66185 by paying ₹1000 as booking amount.But will be taking the activa before 1st of July as there are no auspicious days and we have to arrange the money for getting the Activa.Could have got it immediately but we have to arrange the amount as I'm taking it by paying full payment and it will be registered under my name.

Thread Starter #82
Re: Activa 4G it is!

Hey, You should have Got Access125 ot Tvs Jupiter. Activa suspensions are very Bad!
Actually I went to Vespa showroom to book the Aprilia SR150 and test rode the Aprilia and was about to book it but due to its maintenance costs and future of the company,had to drop it and went to Honda showroom and came out with booking of Activa 4G.

About Access 125,we already have one and was not keen on buying another Access as I hate it's ride and mileage I'm getting is too low and about Jupiter,I know this vehicle is good but I dont like the brand TVS.Had seen the Fascino and wanted to TD'it but my dealer doesn't have TD vehicle and already rode my friend's Nov 2016 Fascino and got impressed with it.

But no one can beat the pickup and eagerness of Aprilia SR150 hands down but as this will be my first vehicle and will not be taking to my college,Activa seemed to a best bet and booked Activa.

So,after almost 3 years of struggle,fights with parents,cries,I booked an Activa 4G finally.Will post the pics and review as soon as I get the vehicle.

MODS:Please don't close this thread as I'll be posting the initial pics of my Activa.

Re: Activa 4G it is!

Actually I went to Vespa showroom to book the Aprilia SR150 and test rode the Aprilia and was about to book it but due to its maintenance costs and future of the company,had to drop it and went to Honda showroom and came out with booking of Activa 4G.

About Access 125,we already have one and was not keen on buying another Access as I hate it's ride and mileage I'm getting is too low and about Jupiter,I know this vehicle is good but I dont like the brand TVS.Had seen the Fascino and wanted to TD'it but my dealer doesn't have TD vehicle and already rode my friend's Nov 2016 Fascino and got impressed with it.

But no one can beat the pickup and eagerness of Aprilia SR150 hands down but as this will be my first vehicle and will not be taking to my college,Activa seemed to a best bet and booked Activa.

So,after almost 3 years of struggle,fights with parents,cries,I booked an Activa 4G finally.Will post the pics and review as soon as I get the vehicle.

MODS:Please don't close this thread as I'll be posting the initial pics of my Activa.
Ok! I suggest you once TD new Access 125 it got telescopic suspensions on front! Btw, as we are Young Try Honda Dio also If possible! Honda dio will suit your personality maybe! Anyway Congratulations on your New Scooter!

Why didn't you try Activa 125? Its much better than normal Activa and has much better suspension, brakes, looks and Power. I have 2 Activas but Activa 125 is so much better.

Thread Starter #87
Nothing much Difference In price! Maybe a 1000 or 1500/- difference, still no confirmation on that though, as far i know there will be not Much difference in price
But there will be around 3-5% price cut i.e there will be ₹1500-3500 cut on Activa after GST.

So what's your opinion people?Shall I buy activa before gst or buy after gst?

Thread Starter #90
Changed to Dio

And,finally after lots of deliberations,I have changed my booking from Activa to Dio today.I have booked the same Matte Grey colour in Dio too.Will be getting in a week or two as there is heavy demand for Dio.Why I went to Dio coz it looks much better than activa and cheaper by few thousands and it suits me so much.

Total on-road price of my Dio is-₹61,849.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom