New Scooter For City Runs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #46
If I buy a Dio in White+Red combo,I will immediately change the front body colour to red as I want total look.And,later will remove the new panels and get the original one with premium logo as I want the old Dio(2012-2015) look.

Thread Starter #48
Dude buy any scooter as when you turn 18+ you can buy a duke or cbr bike. As my self used my mom's activa till 18..i got my bike on my birthday and got license next day.
This will be used for within 10 Km of radius up and down as I'm going to buy another two wheeler(this time bike) after I complete 20.My passion on two wheelers had grown after I started driving two wheeler.But my father is against two wheelers due to safety and road accidents happening in city.

This will be used for within 10 Km of radius up and down as I'm going to buy another two wheeler(this time bike) after I complete 20.My passion on two wheelers had grown after I started driving two wheeler.But my father is against two wheelers due to safety and road accidents happening in city.
Yeah your dad is also right about safety issues. As i got 2 bikes now. If i ride my cbr250r I'll surely wear riding gear (helmet,gloves,jacket,knee pads) as I'll use cbr for only long distances and highway trips. I'll use my cb trigger for city use with always helmet. Dude for riding scooter also need license.Now in our city it is very strict. My relative who is 17 years riding vespa caught by police at gachibowli fined 5k!!!!!!.
Now police are very strict. Makesure you don't travel much on main roads. When am 16 i used to drive in whole city no police will car. But now traffic police's are very strict.
by the way take decision fast bro you are just expanding. Go for vespa/activa/dio etc.
as you said you'll go for bike next. You're are not ride this scoot forever. Take long thinking correct decision when buying your dream bike.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #50
Yeah your dad is also right about safety issues. As i got 2 bikes now. If i ride my cbr250r I'll surely wear riding gear (helmet,gloves,jacket,knee pads) as I'll use cbr for only long distances and highway trips. I'll use my cb trigger for city use with always helmet. Dude for riding scooter also need license.Now in our city it is very strict. My relative who is 17 years riding vespa caught by police at gachibowli fined 5k!!!!!!.
Now police are very strict. Makesure you don't travel much on main roads. When am 16 i used to drive in whole city no police will car. But now traffic police's are very strict.
by the way take decision fast bro you are just expanding. Go for vespa/activa/dio etc.
as you said you'll go for bike next. You're are not ride this scoot forever. Take long thinking correct decision when buying your dream bike.
Yeah I got to know about this from my father.Regarding decision,I should wait till my mother comes from USA.

Thread Starter #51
Had a chat with Vespa dealer just now.The lady said,she is offering free accessories,RSA and helmet whereas on road price of Vespa VX is ₹85000 after discount and price of S is ₹90000 after discount.Is it a good deal or go for Dio or Activa 125.I have heard good experiences from my friend,who is having 2012 Vespa LX since 3 years.He says he got 60 Kmpl one time and mostly he gets about 45 Kmpl.

Had a chat with Vespa dealer just now.The lady said,she is offering free accessories,RSA and helmet whereas on road price of Vespa VX is ₹85000 after discount and price of S is ₹90000 after discount.Is it a good deal or go for Dio or Activa 125.I have heard good experiences from my friend,who is having 2012 Vespa LX since 3 years.He says he got 60 Kmpl one time and mostly he gets about 45 Kmpl.
I would say go for activa 125 since. I don't like vespa design. Don't go for vespa S it's too ugly. In my opinion activA 125 is best. Still activa125 is 72k onroad price in Hyderabad. Honda Service center's are better than vespa.

Thread Starter #53
I would say go for activa 125 since. I don't like vespa design. Don't go for vespa S it's too ugly. In my opinion activA 125 is best. Still activa125 is 72k onroad price in Hyderabad. Honda Service center's are better than vespa.

Now,Activa 125 costs Rs.79000 on road with accessories.This is confirmed through dealer and I felt Vespa is more VFM than Activa 125 after Rs.6000 discount.I like Vespa especially in Yellow and Matte Black whereas in Activa 125,I like silver.I felt Vespa is better due to looks.But,Honda dealer is too near from my home.

Another one Im considering is TVS Jupiter.Heard some good reviews about it and had a test drive once and got impressed with it and TVS showroom is also near.On road of Jupiter is Rs.63000.

My little brother, you will not regret either with Vespa or Honda Activa. But I feel, Activa is more mature and meant for office commute or for relatively elder people. If your heart says that you should go with Vespa, please go ahead. You have to listen to yourselves and decide which you should go for. I have/had Activa (2 Nos, 1 sold) and Vespa. Both have their own charms. Nothing can beat Activa's smooth and super refined engine but Vespa is kind of class/style and it's offer solidity when you take her on bad road,almost no ratle and very good suspension. Nothing to talk about it's mileage and power as it is best in the segment. Now it's upto you to decide which one you would like to go. We all have differenet opinion as some one says Vespa S looks ugly and someother may say Activa looks bad and Wego is the best. Come on you are very young, no need to get confuse. Even if you make a wrong choice, you are not going to lose much so go ahead and listen judicially to your heart and mind and ofcourse obey your parents thought. Have fun.

BTW, above options looks very attractive as Vespa assecories are really good and comes at high price rather what get tin kind of accessories for Honda and TVS.

Regards,
Alok

Thread Starter #56
Thanks for the reply Alok Sir.However I got bored with Activa because its too common on our roads and every person including my friends and cousins have Activas.Apart from Activa I wanted to try new which is better and not boring as Activa.So,I have considered Vespa,Jupiter and Dio.But after Vespa dealer is giving free accessories on Vespa,again my heart tilted towards Vespa.But after hearing nice things about Jupiter I have decided to look at it too.Already TD'ed Jupiter at TVS showroom in Feb 2015 and got impressed although it's a short TD.And,about Dio,I had enquired at Honda dealer and presently no stock on Dio and waiting period is 1 month whereas Activa 3G waiting is just a week and Activa 125 waiting is 3 months it seems.I thinked that Activa 125 waiting is just 1 week.But got to know that stock is not available.

Jerwin-Will decide after my mother comes from US on 25th of this month.

Thanks for the reply Alok Sir.However I got bored with Activa because its too common on our roads and every person including my friends and cousins have Activas.Apart from Activa I wanted to try new which is better and not boring as Activa.So,I have considered Vespa,Jupiter and Dio.But after Vespa dealer is giving free accessories on Vespa,again my heart tilted towards Vespa.But after hearing nice things about Jupiter I have decided to look at it too.Already TD'ed Jupiter at TVS showroom in Feb 2015 and got impressed although it's a short TD.And,about Dio,I had enquired at Honda dealer and presently no stock on Dio and waiting period is 1 month whereas Activa 3G waiting is just a week and Activa 125 waiting is 3 months it seems.I thinked that Activa 125 waiting is just 1 week.But got to know that stock is not available.
so whats the conclusion ?[frustration]

haha! thats not my motive. I am finding our member Music_Swift's every reply amusing.
Theres never a proper reason behind any post. I hope he is not posting just to increase his number of posts. I'd like to see stuffs that are useful and not waste of time.[:)]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
so whats the conclusion ?
Jerwin looks like you will make sure the Music_Swift will take a decision today...
haha! thats not my motive. I am finding our member Music_Swift's every reply amusing.
Theres never a proper reason behind any post. I hope he is not posting just to increase his number of posts. I'd like to see stuffs that are useful and not waste of time.
Kamal and Jerwin, buddies, I too agree that there needs to be a proper closure to every query and open-ended queries after a period of time tends to raise questions. However, as I know, Music Swift is a teenager and for sure a new vehicle purchase (scooter here) means a lot to him and he wants to be totally content with his decision, so, he is exploring all the possibilities. Lets give him due time and make him revert with the final purchase decision soon.[:)]

In teenage, waiting for parent's approval is something that every kid feels agitated about but truly parental consent and choice is best for their kid.

Regards

Akash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom