New Petrol Hatch OR Used Petrol Sedan May Do.

Thread Starter #1
After a happy wedding with the Turbo Indigo for over 86000 kilometers / 4 years, I plan to get myself a new petrol hatch, budget up to 4,50,000/-
A used petrol sedan is a second choice.
My daily running would be minimal, may be I would drive the car every alternate day, and a long trip once in 2 weekends.
Please suggest me a good choice, excluding any Maruti car.
Will it be beneficial to get it fitted with an LPG kit?
Experts please suggest.

Re: New petrol hatch, used petrol sedan may do.

If you want to consider old car then
Honda city 2006/07/08 will be the best choice
Honda City ZX GXi - With ABS in 4L - 4.5L

There are variety of options available in your budget. With used even i would say go for City , should be trouble free to maintain , nice roomy and good quality interiors.

When it comes to new there are variety of options available , any cars you have shortlisted already?

Thread Starter #4

I have short listed the following: -

1. Tata Indigo eCS Petrol
2. Tata Indica Vista Saffire90
3. Toyota Liva
4. Chevrolet Beat

My vote is for Liva from above choice
Its a all new product
Specious
Toyota quality and reliability

Swapnil, how long do you intend to keep the car. If it is more than 3-4 years, I would suggest you to buy new. from your options Liva looks the best bet. It is a good car and much better than its big brother counter part. Mileage is good and maintenance will be negligible for the first 3 years.

You can even look at Old Honda City (NHC) and put a CNG kit placed in it. I dont know about LPG kit fittings and costs involved in running or maintenance.

And if you are stuck on a sedan than Indigo fits your budget. It is a great car for people who dont mind Tata badge. One of my friends is driving it since last 5 months and it is best VFM.

Hope I didnt make you more confused.

Thread Starter #7

Swapnil, how long do you intend to keep the car. If it is more than 3-4 years, I would suggest you to buy new. from your options Liva looks the best bet. It is a good car and much better than its big brother counter part. Mileage is good and maintenance will be negligible for the first 3 years.

You can even look at Old Honda City (NHC) and put a CNG kit placed in it. I dont know about LPG kit fittings and costs involved in running or maintenance.

And if you are stuck on a sedan than Indigo fits your budget. It is a great car for people who dont mind Tata badge. One of my friends is driving it since last 5 months and it is best VFM.

Hope I didnt make you more confused.
I intend to keep it for 3-4 years, but don't want to use it as much I have used my previous Indigo. I did 82.5k kilometers in 3 years on the Indigo.
I forgot to add the Hyundai i-10 Kappa to my choice list. How is the i-10?
I am not aware as to whether a CNG kit is allowed for private use in Maharashtra, and also unaware of its maintenance costs.
Will try Test drive of a Liva in the near future.

350Z

Core Team
Hi Swapnil, May I request you to please answer a few questions asked in this thread. It will help to recommend you the most suitable car for your requirements. Thanks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom