New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Launched at Rs.23.5 Lakhs

350Z

Core Team
Re: New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Launch Confirmed (12th March)

Mitsubishi Motors has now launched the New Pajero Sport in India at price tag of Rs.23.5 Lakhs (Ex. Showroom, Delhi). The car is equipped with an on-demand 4WD System and under the hood sits a 2.5-liter CRDI Engine. It can produce power up to 178PS @ 4000 RPM and 400 NM Torque @ 2,000 - 2,500 RPM. This car is available in total six colour options, namely Rugged Red, Earth Brown, Iceberg Silver, Himalyan White, Pure Black and Storm Grey. Bookings begins from tomorrow onwards.

Pajero Sport Launch 3.jpg

Pajero Sport Launch 2.jpg

Pajero Sport Launch 1.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Last edited by a moderator:
looks promising, though the pricing could have been marginally better. It would have been better if they had provided touch screen unit with gps - this is really a must have in this era of cheap touchscreen gadgets!

Otherwise i would have also liked rear disc brakes plus rear airbags/curtains!
In the fortuner segment it makes sense to evaluate this as well now.

I am sure its offroading capability will be best in class.

The pricing is quite high IMO. This would turn out to be a on-road of 27 lakhs which is substantially higher than T-Fort and its not better equipped either.

350Z

Core Team
High resolution pictures of New Pajero Sport Launch. Surprisingly the official website is still showing as under construction.

Launch.jpg

Front view.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

The height of front bumper and its design indicates towards a high approach angle and to add more confidence is the high ground clearance.Still I doubt the off-roading capabilities of this car's on-demand 4WD,especially as compared to that of the Pajero SFX!![thinking]

Design is good but still I love the looks of our old Pajero uncle called SFX,so will the SFX keep on selling with this one or its life is over now?

Still considering the power figures,design etc.It looks like this is the car I was waiting for.Being a Mitsubishi,I believe it will have the best dynamics out of the SUVs available out there(Leave CRV here).Will wait and watch for some months and if I feel it right then my favorite SUV(after Yeti)may be mine.:biggrin:

FYI, motoroids report that mitsu might go from the CBU to CKD in Sept and that might result in a price cut
I am one am surely interested in this one , it looks big and butch(anyone seen it in flesh?)
If Pajero remains at this price itself,even then I don't think its an expensive buy especially considering the competition.Rest I am still waiting for TD reports,my personal TD and ownership report of at least 5000 kms.Then I'll buy one if I feel it suitable for me.

Will run to the nearest Mitsubishi dealerships as soon as possible,only issue is that this soon won't come before at least a fortnight..[cry]

The height of front bumper and its design indicates towards a high approach angle and to add more confidence is the high ground clearance.Still I doubt the off-roading capabilities of this car's on-demand 4WD,especially as compared to that of the Pajero SFX!![thinking]

Design is good but still I love the looks of our old Pajero uncle called SFX,so will the SFX keep on selling with this one or its life is over now?

Still considering the power figures,design etc.It looks like this is the car I was waiting for.Being a Mitsubishi,I believe it will have the best dynamics out of the SUVs available out there(Leave CRV here).Will wait and watch for some months and if I feel it right then my favorite SUV(after Yeti)may be mine.:biggrin:
Yes buddy even i doubt the off roading capability because this thing is totally different from what Pajeros/Shogun/Montero are.
But then again Triton pick up is also one of the favourites of dune bashers.!

Had i waited a bit more i would have gone for this instead of the hyundai provided an Autobox was available.:biggrin:

FYI, motoroids report that mitsu might go from the CBU to CKD in Sept and that might result in a price cut
I am surely interested in this one , it looks big and butch(anyone seen it in flesh?)

CKD import of Mitsubishi Pajero Sport to commence in September 2012. Might become cheaper. | Motoroids
Yes i have seen it, it is known as the nativa/Challenger also everywhere else.
It looks kind of more Butch than the Fortuner but still fortuner feels a bit more appealing than the mitsubishi.

Can someone tell me what kind of suspension set up does it sport at the back?

Pajero SFX would be phased out eventually. I think it would sync with the CKD of Sport.

Folks does this beast has 6 airbags,ESP+TC or not?
Tata Aria Pride 4X4 has it all[clap],but Pajero is okay with 2-4 airbags,both locked differentials and good handling.And if Pajero got it all,then..[evil]..maybe Fortuner has got some true blue competition and with Pajero's fan following this car has got what it needs to rule the segment.

Top Bottom