New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Launched at Rs.23.5 Lakhs

Thread Starter #1

AMG

Suspended
Hindustan Motors will finally launch the Pajero Sport SUV in India at the Auto Expo in January 2012. HM was planning to introduce the model for quite a while but was unable to arrive at a competitive price due to a sharply rising Yen. The Japanese currency has shot up around 13 percent over last year and this steep rise has pushed up costs. To combat the galloping Yen, HM is planning to aggressively to localise its upcoming SUV which will be assembled in HM’s Thiruvallur factory in Tamil Nadu, where the current Pajero (recently upgraded to BS IV) is also made. HM plans to price the Pajero Sport in the range of Rs 20-23 lakh. The Pajero Sport gets a 2.5-litre 16-valve intercooled turbocharged diesel heart producing 134bhp and 32kgm of torque. It comes with Mitsubishi’s rally-proven shift-on-the-fly Super Select 4WD and a high 215mm ground clearance which should give it terrific off-road capability. An added bonus is an extra row seats which makes the Pajero a seven-seater. HM have big plans for the Pajero Sport and the company is banking on this model as the mainstay of the company’s limited product portfolio. [/QUOTE]

Source: Autocar India

Re: Pajero Sport (All new Pajero) coming Auto Expo 2012

Well Pajero is surely due for a makeover longtime! I have heard very good reviews about the car , the only negative is Mitsubishi's A.S.S.

20-23Lakh is a bit high , they should look to compete with the Fortuner!

Thanks for posting the picture Umang , i like the new front design din like the rear that much.

And no Fortuner costs only around 18Lakhs ex-showroom this costs 20-23Lakhs which is a bit high IMO.

It looks good and a definite competitor to Forturner and BMW X1

BMW X1 challenger to this hahaha. The x1 is a soft roader it would never manage any off roading. The Challenger is a serious off road suv based on the triton pick up. It has a proper ladder chassis and all.

The x1 is a soft roader it would never manage any off roading.
+1. Even the current version of Pajero is enough to put X1 to shame when it comes to off roading. Even the Autocar stated Honda CRV a better handler over BMW X1.

I think this car is the one that comes in Hero Honda Hunk advertisement.

350Z

Core Team

Mitsubishi might launch the all new generation Pajero in India – But one thing is for sure, the aura and charm which present model has can never be brought back. In spite of being a rugged and not so up-to-date when it comes to design, this is a car people still lust for. Just look at the New Pajero, it has more or less the resemblance as a baby Montero with lazy front design. If it has no exceptional capability (which current model is more admired for), I do not find the reason why would audience prefer picking this one by paying a premium instead of getting home an Outlander. Though this is a personal viewpoint of course.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: All New Mitsubishi Pajero Might Debut in Auto Expo 2012

But still my question about build quality compare to toyota . i mean like toyota are build for last can we expect same from it .

350Z

Core Team

I think this car is the one that comes in Hero Honda Hunk advertisement.
Spot on. Just watched the full advertisement today and it's indeed the same SUV.

But still my question about build quality compare to toyota . i mean like toyota are build for last can we expect same from it .
Why not? It's not only Toyota alone who has mastered in quality. BTW, there were opposite statements by another Toyota (Innova) owner on our forum. You may check it here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/195-story-my-innova-2-5-a-2.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team

Mitsubishi has just informed us about their upcoming products in first quarter of 2012. This also includes New Pajero. Earlier Mitsubishi had planned to launch the new vehicles at Auto Expo 2012 but due to floods in Thailand facility, the plan has been postponed. Below are the official words:
“One of our passenger carrier variants is expected to get approval from Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) soon. Other commercial variants built on the Ambassador platform are also in the pipeline. Market research is being conducted across different states to elicit customer feedback on the new products. The rescheduled launch of Pajero and HM stable vehicles will start from the first quarter of the coming year (2012) with appropriate publicity,” Mr. Jha added.

Hindustan Motors had recently launched a new variant for commercial applications. “The company is confident of ramping up volumes through these variants. We will start rolling out our new product portfolio from the next quarter onwards. We hope that it will add significant volume to the company in the months to come,” the Managing Director said.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi, new pajero can improve mitsubishi market share. old pajero is not doing well. mitsubishi should also reduce price of outlander and montero.

Top Bottom