New Member To the Family..(Pre-Owned Maruti 800)

Oh bad ! but lucky no issues.

Cars are man 's toy . careful when you play with them!

Hope that part is 800 here . it comes without primer coat too.

Painting it must cost 1200 metallic . Dupond paints a 200 rs more.

oh i think i missed this one also. congrats black beauty for deal and sorry to hear about accident. hope car has recovered now back to its shape.

Hey Blackbeauty i was happy to see this thread first but sad to know about the incident. The deal seems slightly expensive but you have got a good car , thats the important thing. Also does the car has K&N filters? Any updates now about the repairs?

@ AMG does your car has leveling motor for the headlamp?( Sorry forgot the correct technical term used to describe it). If not then 3k is a pure rip-off , headlamp assembly for my Safari costs only 4k with that leveling motor!

350Z

Core Team
Hey Blackbeauty i was happy to see this thread first but sad to know about the incident. The deal seems slightly expensive but you have got a good car , thats the important thing. Also does the car has K&N filters? Any updates now about the repairs?
I don't think so. There's only a sticker. My car has two of them. :biggrin:

@ AMG does your car has leveling motor for the headlamp?( Sorry forgot the correct technical term used to describe it). If not then 3k is a pure rip-off , headlamp assembly for my Safari costs only 4k with that leveling motor!
Yes, That's called a headlamp leveling device.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #51
Maybe by tomorrow evening I'll get her back.
Does the Type III headlamps come with and without levelling motor??
BTW, I noticed after the accident that it was having a 100/90 lamps. But didnt notice any relays. There must be a relay because my switches are still working.. Still, the lights were not good at all..

@Dhaya: Like 350Z said, its just K&N stickers.. I have it in my bike also..:lol!:

350Z

Core Team
Does the Type III headlamps come with and without levelling motor??
Your case is similar as of mine; I installed Type-3 lamps on Type-2 model. The Type-3 comes with leveling motor but make sure to get this job done from a reputed workshop because it takes a little effort to get the new lamps fixed on earlier model.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #54
She is back after the repairs with a new look.
The whole Bonnet was painted, new Fender, Type III headlamp, grill, bumper etc came. The whole work costed 8k.
Didnt get Type III tail lamp as it was out of stock.
Here are some pics...
DSC00001.jpg

Yet to fix the Suzuki Badge here. Just kept it for a snap.
DSC00003.jpg

The car looks very very beautiful after getting the 'new' look.[clap] Nice Suzuki badge too. Hope you can get the Type 3 tail lamps soon. Just curious, but you seriously don't use AC in Bangalore? I must admit Bangalore is rather an AC - city itself, but around the whenever I turn off the AC and I put down my window, After a couple of minutes, I start feeling uncomfy and put the AC again. Is it easy to manage with windows rolled down?

Thread Starter #56
Just curious, but you seriously don't use AC in Bangalore? I must admit Bangalore is rather an AC - city itself, but around the whenever I turn off the AC and I put down my window, After a couple of minutes, I start feeling uncomfy and put the AC again. Is it easy to manage with windows rolled down?
Oops.. Didnt I mention this? The car is in my native, here in Kerala.
Here its hotter than Bangalore during summer. In summer, its horrible even with AC on. Right now, its raining here. So wont feel that much heat.
Maybe the AC will be installed during my friend's next visit.

Oops.. Didnt I mention this? The car is in my native, here in Kerala.
Here its hotter than Bangalore during summer. In summer, its horrible even with AC on. Right now, its raining here. So wont feel that much heat.
Maybe the AC will be installed during my friend's next visit.
Oh, Ok. So the car essentially belongs now to you or your friend?

350Z

Core Team
Congratulations Blackbeauty, The work seems to be done well and I liked the new eyes which are surely enhancing the looks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #60
Thanks 350Z.
Any other alternatives to Type 3 tail lamp other than MGA? MGA is quoting 1300 a pair. Should get something of decent quality. Have seen many tail lamps which has faded out.
What about Lumax?

Top Bottom