New Member To the Family..(Pre-Owned Maruti 800)

AMG

Suspended
@ mukeshus
since the insurance is not on his name when the mishap occured, I dont think he can claim.

He said the insurance is being transferred by the RTO.
what does that prove?
In that case his friend will be the official owner.
And he is the authorised person.
And at the time of purchase the vehicle would have been in insurance coverage, So no probs at all.
Let us wait for BB , instead of we discussing further.

Thread Starter #35
We have to check whether the insurance got transferred to his name or not.
Or else, should find the previous owner.
Everything can be known by today evening.

Thread Starter #37
Thanks type-r..

Chances are that Insurance will not be claimed. His parents didnt know the incident. As it'll take some time for insurance claim, less chances are there for insurance claim. Car went to 'Popular Maruti' where our friend works.

Last edited:
Oh that's sad. A recent addition to your family, and now a recent accident.
Anything happened to the cabin area? Like the front door, windsheild, et al?

@AMG: Arun was just using 1000 bucks as a metaphor.

350Z

Core Team
That was very unfortunate, black beauty. But then, when a learner is driving, such things are mostly likely to happen and pressing accelerator instead of brakes is one of the common mistakes many people make while learning a car. The pictures are clicked in dark, so I can not make out how big the damage is but I’d recommend not getting this car repaired from an authorized workshop, rather find some expert workshop outside, and get the work done at much lower costs. When a learner is driving, always be prepared for a little or more damage and please, ask him not to drive/learn alone, ever until he is confident enough. By the way, cost of 800’s headlamp and front fender is Rs.627 and Rs.619 respectively. Is there any damage reported inside the engine?

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Wot? That’s a little more for an 800. Please look out elsewhere and try to confirm it. Which model you have BTW?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #42
Gonna get a facelift to the car soon.. Most probably, Type III Headlamps will be added.

That was very unfortunate, black beauty. But then, when a learner is driving, such things are mostly likely to happen and pressing accelerator instead of brakes is one of the common mistakes many people make while learning a car. The pictures are clicked in dark, so I can not make out how big the damage is but I’d recommend not getting this car repaired from an authorized workshop, rather find some expert workshop outside, and get the work done at much lower costs. When a learner is driving, always be prepared for a little or more damage and please, ask him not to drive/learn alone, ever until he is confident enough. By the way, cost of 800’s headlamp and front fender is Rs.627 and Rs.619 respectively. Is there any damage reported inside the engine?

Drive Safe,
350Z
I didnt get time to click pictures today morning.
Damages are on side fender, bonnet, bumper, a crack on the metal piece which comes beneath the bonnet and LHS headlamp. No other damages.
Another friend of mine, who works in Popular Maruti has reported to their Service Centre that he hit an electric post while driving. And the job sheet was just made for fender & bumper replacement. The other works will be done without Service manager's knowledge. He said that there is chance for getting Type III headlamp and brake lamp..

BTW, does anyone know the price of this part??
15072010575 edit.jpg

Top Bottom