New Member To the Family..(Pre-Owned Maruti 800)

350Z

Core Team
It does appears to be the face lifted model, Look at the Instrument cluster, Honey comb front grill and 800 sticker. But I didn’t know that face lift in 2004 still came with carbureted engine.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
The facelifted variant very much came with the 5 Speed gearbox. I have that model.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #23
Guys I have bad news to tell..
First, I'll answer you.
Nice car! However, the AC vents (if you can call them those) look real dusty.

Anyway, any plans of fitting an AC? And what ICE does it have?
Yep.. Those blower looks dirty and has some dried leaves in it. Will get it cleaned at the time of AC installation. But AC installation is not on list now. Will be doing it in his next visit. About ICE, right now we bought a Chinese set with USB,SD,FM and one set Boston Oval speakers in box. Planning to bring a good set in his next visit.

Then what is the ambi-PUR care perfume doing on the AC vents?
I mean it should have been the gel type perfume, then.
Its just to keep the interiors with pleasant smell as we keep the fan always on.

Blackbeauty, Congratulations for the new old ride and welcome to the 800 Club. The car looks fairly well maintained and I’m not surprised that you brought it for a few bucks more than Rs.1 Lakhs. (My ‘03 MPFi, A/C model still ideally has approx. value of Rs.90,000) and after all you made the purchase from an authorized used car seller like True Value, so this is much expected. Anyways, For how long you/your friend plan to keep this one? And are there any accessories on the cards?

Drive Safe,
350Z
We just agreed to the deal on that amount only because we are getting one year warranty on engine. May be for 1 or 2 years he'll keep it. By the time he has to practice driving in this car. No other accessories are on list now.

I think this model would be the one with 5 gears, Am i right Black beuaty?
No.. Its 4 speed one..

It does appears to be the face lifted model, Look at the Instrument cluster, Honey comb front grill and 800 sticker. But I didn’t know that face lift in 2004 still came with carbureted engine.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Even I didnt know carbureted engined 800 was in 2004 also. I got convinced only after looking at the RC.

The sad news is...
He met with a minor accident today evening. No one was hurt. He was approaching a 4 way junction and a speeding bus came from the side road and reached infront of him. And he suddenly pressed the accelerator instead of brakes.
Here is the result.
15072010573.jpg

15072010574.jpg

15072010575.jpg

15072010576-1.jpg

Luckily or Unluckily, I was not in the car at that time.

Does anybody know how to make the insurance claim as the RC and Insurance transfer is still under process??

Arun

Suspended
That is really sad blackbeauty. The best part is, it is a Maruti. That thing will be fixed in and around a thousand bucks. Try fixing it from your own pocket this time.

AMG

Suspended
You cant claim, as the car insurance wasnt on your name when the mishap occurred.
-----------Next Post-----------
@ arun
Are you crazy?
1000 bucks?
Our 2008 maruti met with a similar mishap and the company is asking for 8000 bucks.
This includes 3000 for the headlight.

Last edited:
BB its really sad to see this fate of your friend.
First of all driver should have a valid driving license.
If the name in the RC book is not transferred then that person should sign the claim form.
You will have to drop the vehicle to Body repair shop & in the form you have to fill how the accident happened , And your car will get repaired as soon the personnel from Insurance company visits & asseses the damage to the car.
Your dealer will quote the estimation on a higher side don't worry, and you will get max coverage.
Fibre materials will get less amount.
Metal one will gets 100 % coverage.
You cant claim, as the car insurance wasnt on your name when the mishap occurred.
@ arun
Are you crazy?
1000 bucks?
Our 2008 maruti met with a similar mishap and the company is asking for 8000 bucks.
This includes 3000 for the headlight.
How come he can't claim.
You can claim it BB, but the name in RC book has to sign the papers required for claim.
@ BB: In which area did this occur?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #27
No way I'll get it repaired at 1000 bucks. I expect around 10k bucks for this repair.
The driver is having valid DL.
And the vehicle is insured too.
But the problem is, the ownership transfer request is given in the RTO and it must be under process. The RC and Insurance Paper originals are in RT Office.
So we are not sure whether it got transferred it to his name or not.

Arun

Suspended
I think I'm underestimating the damage. All I can see is a bent quarter panel and a dent on the hood? Is there something I am missing?

@AMG: Crazy enough!

Thread Starter #30
While transferring the name to RC book, You would have given the copy to RTO .
But why did you give the original one?
We have to submit the originals there and they'll print a new RC and send it to us. We waited for more than two months to get RC changed in my friend's Activa. So only I'm worrying.

Top Bottom