New Maruti Wagon-R VXi Glistening Grey Ownership Review

Thread Starter #91
Re: Tyres

Have you changed all the tyres?
How is the road noise now?
yes had to change all 4 [embarass]. as the stock option (155/65 R14) was not available [frustration].

There wasn't much noise before.only wobbling and steering jerking.
my only concern is that whether this change may affect the car in a negative way.
The tyre showroom said that my FE will decrease slightly.[confused]

nothing wrong.. you get no effect with mileage.
take a drive in highway And compare GPS speed to speedometer. check difference..
if car is going faster than speedo.
you can get more fe than stock, but only in highway.
in city will affect a less. but thats y we have gears.. shift a 500rpm higher.. all is well.
i would have recommended 175 /60 .
but its ok.. keeping near stock is fine

Hope the tyres won't cause any problems. the SA was saying that bigger tyres may get the bearing/Axle into trouble[confused]
That is highly unlikely, they tyres are only slightly wider (10 mm). Nothing too significant.

The tyre showroom said that my FE will decrease slightly.[confused]
Maybe very slightly because of the increased rolling resistance, but I wouldn't bet on it. Think of it this way: more grip!

Have you checked if the tyre hits the wheel well when turning or going over bumps?

Mileage test conducted by the MASS with the stock JK 155/80/R13 tires got 21.1kmpl from my car A-star. 100% Highway drive with only 3 onboard.

Recently I got 23.5kmpl with my new Michelin XM2 175/70/R13 tires with 5 onboard and about 10kgs of luggage. About 90% of highway usage.

Actually rolling resistance is not directly proportional to the width of the tire. Material used and the thread pattern do also have a major role in it.
When I decided to go for 175mm from the stock 155mm, I was prepared to see a 2kmpl reduction in mileage even though Michelin XM2 claims they are fuel efficient. But surprisingly I dont see any reduction [:D]

Thread Starter #95

Have you checked if the tyre hits the wheel well when turning or going over bumps?
Hasn't noticed anything yet. may be under full load I'm not sure
as you can see from the photo, the gap has reduced considerably
Untitled-1.jpg

Mileage test conducted by the MASS with the stock JK 155/80/R13 tires got 21.1kmpl from my car A-star. 100% Highway drive with only 3 onboard.

Recently I got 23.5kmpl with my new Michelin XM2 175/70/R13 tires with 5 onboard and about 10kgs of luggage. About 90% of highway usage.

Actually rolling resistance is not directly proportional to the width of the tire. Material used and the thread pattern do also have a major role in it.
When I decided to go for 175mm from the stock 155mm, I was prepared to see a 2kmpl reduction in mileage even though Michelin XM2 claims they are fuel efficient. But surprisingly I dont see any reduction [:D]
thats a good news for waggy owners, do post tis info in all waggy threads if possibe! .

Thread Starter #97
Rain Guards for the ORVM!!!

Hi all,
Its been some time since mods, so I bought a pair of rain guard for the ORVM
I don't know whether these are effective or not.
Cost : US $2.25
Source : Ebay
These have 3M stickers, just peel off and apply. voila!!
the right side one came off after a few minutes after application. must reapply with new tape tomorrow.
Pictures.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Got to check them in rain.
will post the results

Re: adding clear lens side turn indicators

While I was waiting @MASS I saw an old model WagonR with white lens cover on the side indicators (on the fender), I asked the ASM and he checked the same and said that yes that can be fixed on the K10 too.

got them @120/- each
View attachment 147907

As i was getting late, i just took them with me to fix them later

Amber T10 LED
Sir can you please tell me how to remove those fender indicators?
Does the assembly come with that orange led or you bought it seperately?

Thread Starter #101
Never though of that! [frustration]
Just checked. thank god it is ok. does not touch the windows glass.
still waiting for a good rain to check.
Now the rain forms droplets in windows glasses only, the ORVM is clear!

Sir can you please tell me how to remove those fender indicators?
Does the assembly come with that orange led or you bought it seperately?
It is given the owner's manual, I'm posting a copy of the page.
The clear ones came with orange regular bulbs. i bought those LED from ebay (T10 bulbs).
Pages from New-WagonR-K10-petrol.jpg

Thread Starter #103
LED Fog lamp bulbs

I bought a pair of H8 LED Fog lamp bulbs @ US $8.58.
The installation was simple, as mentioned in the manual, only that i did it from inside the engine bay.
some photos
manual page instruction
0.jpg

LED bulb
1.jpg

Stock bulb
2.jpg
3.jpg
After changing to LED
4.jpg
5.jpg
Haven't checked the output in night. so don't know whether it is good or bad

Last edited:
I too had a similar setup for the fog lights. The output at night is nothing of use at all. So used the fog lamps as DRL.
My bulbs were of this type: 2pcs 7 5W Bright White 6000K H8 H11 CREE LED Bulb Fog Daytime Lights Headlight | eBay
Now reverted back to the OEM bulbs for better output.

Thinking of upgrading to 55W bulbs for better output with yellow colour reserved for use in fogs.
link:2 Pcs/lot Yellow H8 Halogen Car Daytine Running Headlight Fog Lamps Lights 12V 55W-in Light Source from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Thread Starter #105
LED & Stock comaprison

I too had a similar setup for the fog lights. The output at night is nothing of use at all. So used the fog lamps as DRL.
My bulbs were of this type: 2pcs 7 5W Bright White 6000K H8 H11 CREE LED Bulb Fog Daytime Lights Headlight | eBay
Now reverted back to the OEM bulbs for better output.

Thinking of upgrading to 55W bulbs for better output with yellow colour reserved for use in fogs.
link:2 Pcs/lot Yellow H8 Halogen Car Daytine Running Headlight Fog Lamps Lights 12V 55W-in Light Source from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
I haven't had a chance for a night drive to check them, but after your comment I seriously think that the LED may be useless[frustration].
After a ride in dark I'll confirm that. The yellow light idea is superb!

I just bought those LED to reduce power consumption (but if it defeats the purpose of visibility, then of no use. After all safety comes first).

I have a few shots of the stock and LED in my porch.
Stock & LED
1.jpg
2.jpg

LED Only
5.jpg
7.jpg

Top Bottom