New Maruti Wagon-R VXi Glistening Grey Ownership Review

Thanks for the information. By any chance, do you idea about the brand? Will any brand work? Earlier I had Transcend which worked flawlessly in my Sony HU.

By the way, is your car back on the road?

Not sure about WagonR as my HU doesn't have USB.
But my friend tried a 32GB pendrive on Ritz and it wasn't working, however a 4GB one worked (he didn't have an 8GB model).
Hope this helps

Thread Starter #77
Thanks for the information. By any chance, do you idea about the brand? Will any brand work? Earlier I had Transcend which worked flawlessly in my Sony HU.

By the way, is your car back on the road?
As for the brand the 32 GB was HP, we have tried 4GB Sandisk and Kingston so I guess brand doesn't matter.

I have visited MASS. They are asking one more week.[confused]

Thread Starter #78
adding clear lens side turn indicators

Hi guys,
Posting after quite some time..
Two reasons
1. I was busy @office - auditing, an International Conference AOP -2014
2. I've met with another accident exactly after one week of getting my car out of MASS after the first accident [frustration]

This time i was rammed on the side by a container truck, which overtook me in a narrow road. couldn't do anything as the road was narrow there was heavy traffic (we were going in two rows) luckily only my side fender, took the impact.
Fender, bumper and a little portion of the bonnet were damaged.
got the car back yesterday.
2 accidents within 2 months . even with insurance cover i lost nearly 20K. I wasn't aware of the B2B insurance scheme![cry] and now its too late take the B2B.

After the first accident repair the rear portion of my car (where the spare wheel is kept) was soiled and dirty moreover had all the scraps after a tinkering job. it took me almost a day to clean the car and wash it.

While I was waiting @MASS I saw an old model WagonR with white lens cover on the side indicators (on the fender), I asked the ASM and he checked the same and said that yes that can be fixed on the K10 too.

got them @120/- each
1.jpg

As i was getting late, i just took them with me to fix them later

2.jpg

3.jpg

Amber T10 LED
4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

My my wheel cap was also damaged, i got 50% from insurance, I have a doubt about the caps.
1. is it good to use wheel cap?
2. I also bought the small black coloured caps that we fix on the centre of the wheel.
which one is good?

I have also fitted the exact same clear lenses to my Estilo! I admit they look great especially since my car is white.

Personally I think the full wheel cover is a lot nicer from a cosmetic perspective, although it can't compare to real Alloys.

Thread Starter #80
30K service done

Hi all,
It's been a long time.
We were very busy with work, my wife's PhD is almost finished.
i was logging on to TAI, but not answering.
30,000 Km service was done.

odo: 28844
Throttle body cleaned
Engine oil replaced
coil spring pad change
wheel alignment
brake cleaning
Total 5k(is it too much?)

they said that my steering has some issues with bush, and as WagonR bush cannot be replaced, I may have to change the entire steering box!
Before giving to service my steering was perfect, but now I am experiencing a little jerk now and then. Kindly tell me how to perform any check to find out what is the problem.
Please tell me where the power steering motor is, so that i can check that for any signs of malpractice.
Also I am looking for a trye change in near future. currently running on 155/65 R14. Please pour in suggentions.

Consult any good local mechanic and buy spares from MGP store in case required.
Last week only my friend who owns a new fiat punto for the past 3 months told me a story like this. When he informed one of his friend who also owns a punto, Friend told him not to do service on the ASS after guarentee because some of his friend faced this issue. When giving vehicle for service after guarentee period, technicians doing some malpractises and inform you about the vehicle needs replacement of some costly spares like alternator/ac compressor etc. You may not be faced any issues before the service. This type of issue will not be faced when car in guarentee period.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #82
Friends please advice.
155/65 R14 is not easily available. Moreover the tyres look puny.
Please help me to choose a good one.

Hi Kannan... Good that your car is back in shape.

You should consider up sizing the tires, I am also planning to get it done on my brother's 2014 waggy.
175/60 R14. The best ones.

Attachments

Thread Starter #84
Hi varun, i was about to call you about this when you answered!
I was very busy last week with a national seminar.
I will post photos of the tyre so that you can have a better idea of the condition.
One doubt, from which site did you get the above info?
Also which company you prefer?

Re: Tyres

I'm posting the condition of my tyres. Please comment
ODO meter is 29375
its really time to change tyres, if its a rainy season please do it soon ,
its time for gt3 to get off waggys legs,
i recommend bridestones and Michelin
try to add a better tyres, not too cheap or costlier, 5k a tyre will be respectable, needs many research and selection will be harder, be sure before you spend, i also will research and say you better tyres for waggy ,as i too have stingray,

my stock is 155/65/r14
yours 165/65/r13
upto 175 we can upgrade, always change a pair to avoid tyre rotation problems .

Thread Starter #87

my stock is 155/65/r14
yours 165/65/r13
upto 175 we can upgrade, always change a pair to avoid tyre rotation problems .
Mine is 155/65R14
Just changed my tyres! my car was wobbly all of a sudden andthe steering was jerking to one side, the SA recommended immediate change.
No option was available, 155/64R14 or Varun's recommended 175/60 R14
I had to change to 165/65 R14 Bridgestone [frustration]. paid 4.5K per tyre.
I should have spent more time is looking for tyres[cry]

Mine is 155/65R14
Just changed my tyres! my car was wobbly all of a sudden andthe steering was jerking to one side, the SA recommended immediate change.

I had changed my stock Goodyear 155/65-R14 to Apollo Amazer 155/65-R14 (cost was 3k per tyre) at 30k Kms, and its working perfectly fine for me.

And it has less tire noise as compare to the stock ones.

Mine is 155/65R14
Have you changed all the tyres?
How is the road noise now?

Top Bottom