New Maruti Wagon-R VXi Glistening Grey Ownership Review

Thread Starter #62
Guys,
Yesterday i met with an accident.
The car in front of me stopped at the Zebra line, I stopped behind him, then a trax came blasting and rammed in to my car slamming into the car infront of me.
Fortunately both myself and wife were wearing seat belts, so no serious injuries.
Going to Police station today for the formalities as the car before me was a Govt. Vehicle and the Trax belongs to a Hotel group, they were not ready for any kind of compromise.

Very sorry to hear this.
Recently I had similar kind of incident.

It was a very slow moving traffic(due to some traffic block), speed will be around 0-10 kmph. Suddenly the car behind me rammed by car. [cry] called the MASS and asked about the cost of repair. They gave me an estimate of 4.5k. But the guy was not willing to pay the amount(even though his behavior was good and he accepted his mistake.). Instead just rolling and saying max he can do is 2k as compensation.
Since its was a heavy traffic block, there were enough police officers around. So I met the SI and asked about registering a case. His reply was, its better for you to get the amount that you can get from them. Or else he just need to pay something around 1k as fine so as to close this case unless nobody is badly injured. Also I have to keep the car in the police station and have to pay around 1k for the vehicle inspection charge for inspecting the damages.
Finally after a great talk I got 3k from him.(Since the guy was very polite, I had no intention to charge a case against him.)

So I think going to police station is not going to help in getting money as compensation. Anyways all the best and do update.
You got any pics of your car showing the damages, whats the estimate cost?

Sorry to hear about the incident. Good to know that nobody was hurt. What was the extent of damage to your car?

Can you post pics of the damage? Are you claiming insurance for the same?

Guys,
Yesterday i met with an accident.
The car in front of me stopped at the Zebra line, I stopped behind him, then a trax came blasting and rammed in to my car slamming into the car infront of me.
Fortunately both myself and wife were wearing seat belts, so no serious injuries.
Going to Police station today for the formalities as the car before me was a Govt. Vehicle and the Trax belongs to a Hotel group, they were not ready for any kind of compromise.

Did you get the car repaired from MASS? Did you claim insurance? Can you detail us with the repair cost?

Very sorry to hear this.
Recently I had similar kind of incident.

It was a very slow moving traffic(due to some traffic block), speed will be around 0-10 kmph. Suddenly the car behind me rammed by car. [cry] called the MASS and asked about the cost of repair. They gave me an estimate of 4.5k. But the guy was not willing to pay the amount(even though his behavior was good and he accepted his mistake.). Instead just rolling and saying max he can do is 2k as compensation.
Since its was a heavy traffic block, there were enough police officers around. So I met the SI and asked about registering a case. His reply was, its better for you to get the amount that you can get from them. Or else he just need to pay something around 1k as fine so as to close this case unless nobody is badly injured. Also I have to keep the car in the police station and have to pay around 1k for the vehicle inspection charge for inspecting the damages.
Finally after a great talk I got 3k from him.(Since the guy was very polite, I had no intention to charge a case against him.)

So I think going to police station is not going to help in getting money as compensation. Anyways all the best and do update.
You got any pics of your car showing the damages, whats the estimate cost?

Thread Starter #66
Hi all, it happened yesterday.
I was waiting in the Zebra cross.
1.png
The trax came blazing and rammed me (My brake was applied) slamming to the Govt. car in front of me.

Since the Hotel guys (trax) were not willing to pay any compensation, we had to register a case. The Govt. people also had no choice, they cannot pay for the damage etc.
12.jpg
23.jpg
24.jpg
if you refer the pictures you can see that the TRAX was well into the other side of the median.

Most of the formalities were completed yesterday, I am just back from the Police Station. Now the remaining formalities may be completed within 2-3 days.
I have dropped the car @MASS. They have made initial inspection and we found that my rear tyre has also been torn badly (it was not mentioned in the MVI report[frustration])
Approximate cost of 35K was given by the MASS.
Now i have to go there again tomorrow for future formalities, (all original documents are with them)

This was really a high impact accident. Do you have zero dep bumper to bumper insurance? Otherwise you need to shell a good amount from your pocket for the damage caused.

Did you get the car repaired from MASS? Did you claim insurance? Can you detail us with the repair cost?
No, estimate cost was approx Rs.4500/-(Rs.1500 for New bumper + Rs.3000 for Painting)

There was only minor paint chips even though the bumper had multiple minor fractures(bumper hooking to the body, mud flap hooking to bumper and one on the bumper surface itself) and also Since the external metal parts and tail lamps are not damaged I was almost able to do DIY repair to make them back in shape. [clap] So decided to use this compensation amount on another occasion of accidental repair.[roll]

Hi all, it happened yesterday.
I was waiting in the Zebra cross.

The trax came blazing and rammed me (My brake was applied) slamming to the Govt. car in front of me.

Since the Hotel guys (trax) were not willing to pay any compensation, we had to register a case. The Govt. people also had no choice, they cannot pay for the damage etc.

if you refer the pictures you can see that the TRAX was well into the other side of the median.
Considering the situation I thought it must be a minor collision but your pic says its not. Whats the hell that trax driver will do if it was a guy on a bike instead of a car waiting behind the zebra line[frustration]

Any idea about the estimate days required for the repairing job?

Thread Starter #69
Considering the situation I thought it must be a minor collision but your pic says its not. Whats the hell that trax driver will do if it was a guy on a bike instead of a car waiting behind the zebra line[frustration]

Any idea about the estimate days required for the repairing job?
They gave approx 35k+, my torn tyre was detected only @MASS. So i may have to pay for that too[frustration].

The seat belts saved our lives. Moreover the students had crossed over, otherwise the Govt. car might have hit one of them (i dare not even think about such a situation)
Got all the formalities cleared at the Police Station (had to give a small token too).
Yesterday went to MASS and submitted all the papers.
They said approx 1 month for the work.

1 Month?! Wow that's a lot of time for the work, does this mean there's damage underneath the bodywork as well?

Thread Starter #71
1 Month?! Wow that's a lot of time for the work, does this mean there's damage underneath the bodywork as well?
I don't know, since i gave the documents a little late, the survey is yet to be conducted.
I am planning to give them a surprise visit.

I have lost the earlier Transcend 2 GB pendrive that I used in my car. Can you tell me if Wagon R HU support 4GB or 8GB pen drive or more than that? Will a 3.0 Pendrive work?

Hi Kannan, I hope progress is going well.

Charger91, if you have a 4GB or 8GB pen drive lying around, why not just try it out? But there should be no problem using a USB 3.0 device since these are backwards compatible with USB 1.0 or USB 2.0 depending on whatever is used by the host machine. As long as the device is in FAT or FAT32 format.

Sadly I am not having any pendrives lying around. I misplaced 2 pen drives on the same day. Hence needed to know the supported pendrives before purchasing the same.

Thread Starter #75
I have lost the earlier Transcend 2 GB pendrive that I used in my car. Can you tell me if Wagon R HU support 4GB or 8GB pen drive or more than that? Will a 3.0 Pendrive work?
Not sure about WagonR as my HU doesn't have USB.
But my friend tried a 32GB pendrive on Ritz and it wasn't working, however a 4GB one worked (he didn't have an 8GB model).
Hope this helps

Top Bottom