New Maruti Wagon-R VXi Glistening Grey Ownership Review

Re: Stupid me................

earned my lesson never again i will do such a thing it was my foolish ego that prevented me from visiting the garage. in the end all's well except for the above and God saved me. took the car to the temple this morning too.

Hey Kannan,Take it easy.The joy of a doing a DIY mod is much more.Moreover the experience we get from that is worth the time we spent on them.This is only a beginning.
When you do such things,you should have proper tools also.

New Bharath Tyres -Pitstop is a good shop for alloys,tyres etc.They've many different brands with them.They have earned a good reputation also.
And I came to know that they are having a showroom in Kottayam.Please check whether its near or not.

And All the best for your future DIYs.[thumbswink]

Thread Starter #17
Re: New Maruti Wagon-R VXi 1000+ Kms Ownership Review

@ACMohan
Thank you for the encouragement... i will be very careful next time..
I will call newbharath tyres and update the thread

i did search but the results were not good. can anyone link or a show a good guide on how to change the numberplate bulbs (wagonR) the correct way?

Thread Starter #18
more DIY mods

Hi all,
i did some more DIY on my wagonR
as advised by FJ CRUZER i checked the night visibility of the blue parking lights, and to my horror i found that they are very poor. so i have changed back to white light using another pair of LED. will post the pics later.

then i did another mod, as i am an idiot (on a DIY fouled earlier), i again did the wrong thing.

i wanted to change the rear cabin light to LED. so bought a 9SMD LED and got to work, after removing the glass cover i accidentally pushed the cabin light bulb and it popped out in to the trim area above roof pad [frustration]
now i don't know how to remove it and even though pried using my fingers couldn't find it.

will the bulb cause any trouble just lying there?

should i take the car to MASS for removing it? i was planning to get the AC filter installed. so if it is necessary to remove it please advice.

Hai Kannan,
sory for late replay,
Nice selection-Wagon-r, I too own a wagon R-
I purchased alloy wheel for my new Ritz from new bharth tyres near nippon tayota show room.You can view my owner ship thread.
I think the best way to fix LED lights visit 3Cs near bharath tyres.....i fix LED lights in boot,door pad,and even in alloy wheel,their work is very good.For alloy wheels I heard about one shop near S H mount,I think it's appollo shop.

Thread Starter #20

@sbtrajesh
thank you very much. it is always nice to know that a fellow TAIan is near to you. btw can you pm me the number of the 3C shop? i badly want to know whether they can provide any help in connecting USB to my OE HU.

Is your steering wheel feeling heavy? mine is heavy and has very less return so i gave my waggie to MASS and they replaced me the steering assembly but still ,although it feels much lighter now it has very less return[confused].Is all wagonr k10 steering like this? (the estilo and Astar steering which i had driven was lot more lighter)please comment anyone.

Thread Starter #22

Is your steering wheel feeling heavy? mine is heavy and has very less return so i gave my waggie to MASS and they replaced me the steering assembly but still ,although it feels much lighter now it has very less return[confused].Is all wagonr k10 steering like this? (the estilo and Astar steering which i had driven was lot more lighter)please comment anyone.
My steering is little tight. but after driving 800 for 10 years and other non-PS cars,. i can very well adjust to this.
the Estilo's steering is a breeze! you can trun it with one finger.
But if the MASS replaced the entire unit, then something might have been wrong with it.
For me a little tight steering is always good. as it gives a good feeling of the road.

My steering is little tight. but after driving 800 for 10 years and other non-PS cars,. i can very well adjust to this.
the Estilo's steering is a breeze! you can trun it with one finger.
But if the MASS replaced the entire unit, then something might have been wrong with it.
For me a little tight steering is always good. as it gives a good feeling of the road.
Sorry to disturb you Again> Is your steering having proper return? I am also having a maruti omni which in spite of its non power steering has good return.It comes back normally at almost all speeds( low as well).My waggie has little return compared to my omni.How about other wagonRs(k10)?
Please reply..[confused]

Thread Starter #24

Sorry to disturb you Again> Is your steering having proper return? I am also having a maruti omni which in spite of its non power steering has good return.It comes back normally at almost all speeds( low as well).My waggie has little return compared to my omni.How about other wagonRs(k10)?
Please reply..[confused]
I think you have K10 wagon R. am i right?
Well my steering does return but as now on second thought, it may be on the slow side.
Yes in the non -ps 800 now i do remember the return is very fast, you just take your hands off and it returns to '0' very fast.
i have driven 2 K series WagonRs in both of them the steering feedback and return was the same. we should wait for some one else to comment on this, especially Varun.

@Kannan

Nice experience of your Wagon R till now !!

A simple question to you, while buying new Wagon R, have you TD New Estilo or have you considered it. If you have driven both, which one you felt really good in handling, peppiness, sporty and others !!

Thread Starter #26

@Kannan

Nice experience of your Wagon R till now !!

A simple question to you, while buying new Wagon R, have you TD New Estilo or have you considered it. If you have driven both, which one you felt really good in handling, peppiness, sporty and others !!
Dear Gurrala,
yes i have done a TD of the new Estilo, it is little bit more peppier, and the steering is a breeze! you can maneuver it with a single finger. it has lot of boot space too. But the seating height and position of the WagonR lured me in to buying the WagonR

Dear Gurrala,
yes i have done a TD of the new Estilo, it is little bit more peppier, and the steering is a breeze! you can maneuver it with a single finger. it has lot of boot space too. But the seating height and position of the WagonR lured me in to buying the WagonR
Yes, I felt the same, it was only one good reason to go for Wagon R over Estilo, but Estilo really impressed me a lot[:)]

Thread Starter #28
update : Service history

After a long time of laziness I am trying to come back to the ownership thread.

Second Service Details
MASS : AVG Motors Kottayam
ODO : 4626
Date : 03-02-2012
Works done :
1. Free service
2. Tyre Rotation

Third Service Details
MASS : AVG Motors Kottayam
ODO : 9753
Date : 03-07-2012
Works done:
1. Oil change (i decided to go with mineral oil)
2. Tyre rotation
bill amount : 862/-

Emergency service (rat problem in AC)
MASS : AVG Motors, Kottayam
ODO : 11123
Date : 29-09-2012
Bill amount : 225/-
So that completes a short service history of the car.

Thread Starter #29
Accessories list till 20-10-2012

Dear Friends,
I am going to give a detailed list of accessories i bought for the car till date (i may exclude some minor items)

(sl no, date, item, price, shop)
1. 23-09-11, 12V FM transmitter, 540/-, ebay.in
2. 27-9-2011, SMD LED parking lamp, 265/-, ebay.in
3. 28-9-11, wax, 150/-, Nithya Hyper Mart
4. 28-9-11, Metallic wax, 265/-, Nithya hyper Mart
5. 7-10-10, F1 Tyre Polish, 200/-, ebay.in
6. 11-10-11, LED Dome light, 331/-, ebay.in
7. 17-10-11, Classic Mogra Perfume, 105/-, ebay.in
8. 17-10-11, SMD led bulb (pair), 340/-, ebay.in
9. 18-10-11, SMD LED cabin light, 349/-, ebay.in
10. 20-10-11, 9SMD LED x4 (for HMSL), 525/-, ebay.in
11. 20-10-11, mini led torch, 190/-, ebay.in
12. 22-10-11, 10 SMD LED X2 (parking), 399/-, ebay.in
13. 27-10-11, 9 SMD LEDX4, 490/-, ebay.in
14. 12-11-11, Garware ICE COOL Shiled windscreen, 2600/-, AutoTint, Kottayam
15. 3-12-11, Philips extreme vision Xenon bulb, 1200/-, Road&Track, Kottayam
16. 27-12-11, SMD led X 6, 555, ebay.in
17. 6-1-12, scratch remover pen, 138/-, ebay.in
18. 17-7-12, 12V Vacuum cleaner, 313/- (got 500 discount coupon), ebay.in
19. 18-07-12, single piece mat for rear cabin, 800/-, Elba Traders
20. 02-09-12, Arrowhead air filter, 275/-, ebay.in
21. 17-10-12, Garware ICE COOL Shield for side windows, 2000/-, AutoTinit
22, 20-10-12, BA9S LED SMD bulb x2, 329/- ebay.in

I will post break-up details in following posts.

Thread Starter #30
LED lights used

i have changed the stock bulb to LED as follows
1. the parking lights, changed the stock to 10SMD LEDx2
2. Front side indicators, 4 SMD LEDx2
3. Front cabin light, 16 SMD LED
4. Rear Cabin Light, 10 SMD warm white led
5. Number plate lights, 4 SMD LEDx2
6. HSML (high mount stop lamp) 6 SMD LED x4

All the LED's have max .5 w, while each the w5w bulbs and the festoon cabin light i replaced
side turn =5wx2
park light = 5 w x2
license plate = 5 w x2
interior = 10w x2
HMSL = 5 w x4
so total 70w lights were replaced with 6w LEDs. not that we use the all the 70w at single time, but still I believe it is a beginning.

Planned for future:
1. boot light
2. door lights
for the above two i have to get a good enclosure, something like the old reverse light of Bajaj Auto Rickshaws, or new pulsar tail lamp. (the autorickshaws had festoon type bulbs)

3. tail lamp, for these i need BA15D LED the ones in ebay are too costly will wait

for those below i have to wait, (maybe for a long time)
4. W16W wedge type reverse lamps
5. P21W rear fog light
6. both turn indicators
7. front fog lamp (not sure, as i need a ~4k colour temp)

Kindly comment fellows

Top Bottom