New Maruti Suzuki Swift LDi (Pearl White) Ownership Review

Congratulation for the new buy and being 1st one to own new swift on TAI forum.
Do post a detailed review of the car's performance, fit and finish, comfort, handling and rear seat. [:D]

At last got delivery of my New swift after 4 months waiting. A long wait. Even though i had been alloted the old swift in june i waited for another 2 months. Wanted to take delivery on the day of Eid but couldn't get due to late arrival of vehicle. So took the delivery on friday without registration. And had 2 wait till monday for the number. So now i am a proud owner of the new swift. Adding a few photos of the new car. Its the base model LDi costs around 6 lacs on road. The sales guy at spectra has promised to give free mud flap, wheel cap, matting, and door visor. But still now not received. Will write more about the car and its performance in coming days.
Hi, MSALLY79,
congrtuation for the new swift LDI.
But they should have given side mirrors with the new blinking light type as in higher end.
well, i m also planning to buy LDI, can u please give us some more photos of LDI features which are different than VDI or ZDI. e.g. silver lining, rare seat head clamp, IRVM, controls below steering, key without auto lock and specially windows without power windows.
I wil be very thankful if ou privde me photos of the same as Dealers always say something else and right specifications are smoething else.
[drive][:)]

To begin with please accept my congratulations on the purchase.
As you have this car for almost an year now, I felt you would be in a better position to answer my query

The Query, is same which moves in every ones mind w.r.t features and brakes on swift.

1. What is your opinion of the brakes in swift Ldi ?
Searching on google the brakes perfromance is quite scary.
a) Have you tried the half cluth with multiple braking, which seems to make teh brake pedal completely hard?
b) How is High speed braking on highways at say speeds of 80-100.

2. Though VFM can be debated that zdi is the better choice, do you at anytime feel that the tachometer must have been present.
I own an ALTO so Iam not even sure if its really required :)

3. Do the tyres hold on? is it possible to upgrade to 185 tyres on LDi in the same RIM, rather than going in for a Alloys.

Congo! ! Its Party Time..but But I have question (Stupid ones )

what about the alloys ?
what About ICE ?
last one but not list "Kitna Deti Hai ?"

ooo FOrget More PICture Upload Please.this time SOme Clear :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congo! ! Its Party Time..but But I have
last one but not list "Kitna Deti Hai ?"
Good one. Someone claimed that he was getting 23 on highways at 120-140kmph and 17 in cities. I believe people go by Real time millage. Correct way would be to measure FE tank to tank method.

Dear MSALLY79,
congrtz for the new swift LDI,

Both LDI and ZDi have same Engine, only I felt Ldi has smaller 14 Inch tyres and some cosmetic changes in cabin, Below the Hood they are similar, I would say LDi is value for money...

My Story Of New swift ZDi,

I Recieved my Swift ZDI Silver After a long Wait, on 19 Nov 2011 (Booked it on 22 April 2011) after reviewing everything the market has to offer at that time, Actually I had booked Swift VDI ABS, which i upgraded, to ZDI after its release on 17 Aug 2011, which was a 1.5 lacs more than what i had booked before, Maruti stopped manufacturing Old Swift on 12 July 2011, atleast i was told on that date.

My loan was Disimbured on 6 May 2011, so i actually paid long before the car arrived, When i learnt that 1.3 litre engine is not fiat on i was Unhappy as the fiat 1.3 is a proven Engine, There were mixed reviews and by the time Beat was out with 1 litre model, i considered cancelling the order and buying Beat, But my brother told its ground clearence is less, Hence with my GF’s persistance i stayed with swift ZDI, I got Series of Excuses from Shortage of ABS kits from japan due to floods to long stretch of strikes, I was worried of Quality due to strikes,

I had booked the Car from Excell Autovista Bandra Bombay, The dealer was prompt and ket me informed... most of the time, even when i was angry, about delivery (i had become a joking, LAughing Stock between friends) The Three sales guys Anjleesh Tiwari, Zuber, Rajiv Thakker now manager at Wolksvogen had a patient ear.

The Excell Auto gave me 17500 as intrest, but removed my 2500 corporate bonus and increased 2000 Rs on 4 years extended Warrenty, yesterday i completed 1000 kms, went for the first service. Excell Auto charged me 750 Rs for oil change,

To all Swift ZDI rocks on 4/5 gear the performance is below average, The Ground clearance is Amazing Never Kissed any Bumper yet(considering the state of roads in Dombivli), Generally i fly through it, Handling at high speed is good, The maintenance is Low compared to others in that range...

Another Update On Mumbai-Pune Express way had a Taste of Swift ABS It worked wonderfully, and maintained Drivablity..

I found The side View mirror not being automatically open/closeing a bit a cause of concern, As during Rains i have to rolldown the window, thus drenching the Inside with rains and in congested traffic some Rogue driver may Pluckoff the other side mirror, The Swift Driver cant do much other than Helplessly watching.

Maruti Should Strongly Impliment this Retracable Sidemirrors on Both Sides, with some button from Inside along with some Proximity/ Parking Sensors Which i badly Miss.

This feature is there in Hyundai I20, With the comparable cost Swift ZDI, maruti should have provided it in ZDI, To implement it it just requires 2 Electromagnetic Coils, (One of my friend lost the other side-mirror Of New swift VDI)

In-spite of the High Ground clearance i Kissed a Speed breaker, So with all the cars available in the market, this car Has the Highest Ground Clearance still it touched, Do i have to say anything for another cars who have low ground clearance, So next option is SUV,

I would recommend this product for Everyone, Another hint is why this car has a Long wait of 1Year, and experienced guys prefer to wait.. even if the competitors give 3 years 0 maintenance, No doubt they are right. In India, American culture has not caught up, and we Indians prefer to keep the car for More than 6 Years, Another advantage is Maruti-Suzuki Parts are Cheap compared to all others, So Actually you can keep the Car till Its End-of-Life Which is Not true for any other car. Even if they offer more or Are Cheap.

I checked the mileage of my car again, its 22.4 Kms per litre with Full A/c on most of the time city drive, Tank full method, 1714 Kms ran so far, Quite Impressive, may be engine requires to smooth-out a bit.

Checked the milage on Pune-Banglore highway clocked 27.8 Kms per litre diseal, can say Hero Honda Splendor in cars

I started spraying the Engine Bay with 50% Engine oil+ 50% Diseal after a car wash, a Old cab driver who still has his Premier car from 1980 suggested me, he still has his engine in Mint state. I am Impressed.

I Gave my car for service at Automotive Dombivli, Mumbai. They have a very good team at service centre, but a very bad sales team.

Today I changed Engine Oil myself, The Nut for draining Engine oil is Star T45, make sure you have Taparia T45 with the Tommy for that bit

Today I again calculated mileage from Dombivli to Santacruz International airport Ambivli and back to Dombivli via kalyan total distance traveled is 102 Kms diseal used is 4.4Litres,(180 Rs) i filled the tank till brim before start of journey, and filled till brim after the journey

Completed 10200 Kms 3 rd service total bill 810 Rs

Update Completed 18600 Kms, Started Using Mobil Delvac 1300 Engine oil, its the best oil money can buy, and has a large change interval of 18000 Kms

After this I have kept my car in safe keeping with a friend since 18 months as Im in Austria, Friend fires and moves it round every 15 days, Im expected to come back in Dec so not much of worry...!

Accessories added are Seat Covers 2600 Bucks, Teflon Coat, Antirust

Attachments

Last edited:
Now i think the needle is stuck round 19000K, I cannot ask for more from a car at this cost...!, Im a very happy owner, Considering a very bad exprience of Ford Ikon

Very much thanks "Music Swift" for reading my reviews on mouthshut, it is a good place to share good and bad exprience,

I tried to get in to Team BHP, for my reviews but geting there seems to be tougher than geting to IITs,

Top Bottom