New Maruti Suzuki Swift Alpha Launched

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Not even a year has passed since New Swift rolled out in the market but Maruti Suzuki has already done what they are best at: Launching a Limited Edition. Yes, Meet the New Swift Alpha which is a Limited Edition of India’s one of the most favourite hatchbacks. However, the catch is that the company is offering this edition only in the Petrol variant (VXi), which still lags behind in terms of sales when compared with the Diesel. Here’s what this version comes loaded with at no additional cost:

- Spoiler
- Mud Flaps
- Seat Covers
- Door Visors
- Comfi Range
- Door Sill Guard
- Interior Style Kit
- Designer Foot mats
- Music System + Bluetooth

Maruti-Suzuki-Swift-Alpha-Edition.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Last edited:
I saw this car yesterday when we had gone to check the Ertiga.

The best part was, this variant comes with carbon fibre trims on the dashboard & door pads... Of course, stickering!

Sorry, did not click any pics. Maruti has launched so many special editions with some stickering here & there, that it does not excite me any more!

Desperation from Maruti to push petrol Swift sales. What do car manufacturers do when specific models aren't selling? Add some niceties, call it some XYZ variant and try to create some buzz. VW did it with Vento with their IPL editions. Ford has been doing it for ever with the Fiesta Classic. Now Maruti joins the party [;)]

Damn, and I just bought a Swift VXi and paid extra for all those goodies that are coming free now. Weird thing is, I asked my SA about it and he has no clue about the offer. Is it limited to Bombay area only or is it a pan-India promotion?

Ugly got uglier i never liked swift. a copy of mini cooper. what else to say..!!!
UGLIEST Car in India.

Donot understand why people in India buy Maruti TOY cars , which even cannot make it's own engine/gear box!

All imported from Fiat or Suzuki.

A cheap company.

UGLIEST Car in India.

Donot understand why people in India buy Maruti TOY cars , which even cannot make it's own engine/gear box!

A cheap company.
+1. Never liked Swift or for that matter any Maruti car.
Just looking at Dzire though as replacement for sole hatch, i10 we have.
I am happy with saloons & not a single one is Maruti, infact Maruti doesn't have one either except for SX4 & Kizashi.

UGLIEST Car in India.

A cheap company.
I am happy with saloons & not a single one is Maruti, infact Maruti doesn't have one either except for SX4 & Kizashi.
Ugly got uglier i never liked swift. a copy of mini cooper. what else to say..!!!

Such comments simply do not help, looks are always a matter of personal choice. 4 of the top 5 selling cars in India(march 2012) is a maruti and nobody can take that away from them. For their price they are decent and offer good VFM and along with good service, the majority can never be wrong and at the end of the day if something sells, there is something in it, majority cannot be fools.
You might own a bentley and not like a maruti, but for the man who has its feet on the ground the maruti has always worked.
Btw i dont own a single maruti and never have, but the above comments i find futile. You have the right to not like it, but making comments like ugliest car/ toy/ cheap company etc is simply not needed - it really doesnt help anyone on the forum.

Last edited:
UGLIEST Car in India.

A cheap company.
Brother, the Swift, the Ritz, the SX4, and other TOY cars are not Marutis but Suzukis only. Maruti of India had sold majority of its stakes to Suzuki making it the largest stakeholder in Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. Saying that Maruti imports its parts from Suzuki is completely absurd since at both ends, it is Suzuki which is involved majorly.

Also, the petrol engines that come in all the Suzukis are manufactured by a different company called Suzuki Powertrain in Manesar, also owned by Suzuki. Gear boxes though are still imported from Suzuki of Japan, but is there something wrong in it.

Same goes for sourcing the diesel engines from Fiat, what wrong does one see in this kind of strategy? So as per you, since the Nissan Micra sports a Renault diesel engine, it makes them cheap. Heck, most of the parts in a Scorpio have been outsourced, that makes M&M cheap as well, right? Another example is of Chevrolet, when Suzuki entered the US market, the intial few generations of the Swift was being sold under Chevrolet and Geo's brand both belonging to GM.

There are many such examples and the current one being the SX4 which is sold under Suzuki brand in the US and as Fiat Sedici in the Europe.

This cheap company also gives you the best service quality and network pan-India for a cheap price. Its only a strategy to reduce on one's capital investment, yet use the best of technologies and expertise available of individual companies. I'm no fanboy of the Swift or other Marutis/Suzukis, although I recently acquired a Swift petrol only, but this company is very well respected in the auto-mechanical industry in India. One sure does have his right to put forth his opinions but not in a manner to ridicule the other without knowing its true facts.

How many saloon type models does Ford, Volkswagen, Hyundai, Fiat, Chevrolet, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota and other big wigs have?

P.S: Moderators, kindly merge the two posts, sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom