New Maruti Dzire Facelift (2014) Coming

well this will give an option to those customers who are not willing to spend 8 lacs on zest diesel automatic

and being a maruti there will be no issue regarding after sales and service

Last edited:
They will be introducing-
1.Keyless Entry,Start Stop button
2.Auto Fold And internal adjustable mirrors
3.Bluetooth Function
4.Chrome strip lining(Plastic) in fog housing

They can introduce the 1.4 L K series Engine as in ciaz,rather than going for minor cosmetic lifts.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Lauch delayed to March 2015?
Yes its officially confirmed to me. Dzire Face-lift will be launched in end of Feb-2105 or by March 2015.

They can introduce the 1.4 L K series Engine as in ciaz,rather than going for minor cosmetic lifts.
My dear, if they use the Ciaz wala engine in Dzire too then who will buy a Ciaz (Price Wise and Performance Wise)?

Regards

Akash

Yes its officially confirmed to me. Dzire Face-lift will be launched in end of Feb-2105 or by March 2015.

My dear, if they use the Ciaz wala engine in Dzire too then who will buy a Ciaz (Price Wise and Performance Wise)?

Regards

Akash
Amaze has 1.5 L diesel engine city also same....in that case even ciaz and swift dzire can have same engine na

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Amaze has 1.5 L diesel engine city also same....in that case even ciaz and swift dzire can have same engine na
See Vishnu, Honda City was a established product of Honda, so when they introduced Amaze, they had to create an edge over others in sub-4 meter segment so they used a 1.5 L engine of CITY which over took the Suzuki Dzire.

But now the scenario for Maruti cant be compared to Honda because, Ciaz is an all-together new offering by Maruti with a 1.4 L engine, so if they place Ciaz engine into a face-lift of Dzire, then Ciaz's sale will suffer as people shall be getting performance of Ciaz in a Dzire at a cost that will be around 1.5L cheaper.

So, in my opinion the engine upgrade on Dzire should not come at the cost of Ciaz's sales rather it shouldn't come until Ciaz establishes itself in Indian market.

Regards

Akash

See Vishnu, Honda City was a established product of Honda, so when they introduced Amaze, they had to create an edge over others in sub-4 meter segment so they used a 1.5 L engine of CITY which over took the Suzuki Dzire.

But now the scenario for Maruti cant be compared to Honda because, Ciaz is an all-together new offering by Maruti with a 1.4 L engine, so if they place Ciaz engine into a face-lift of Dzire, then Ciaz's sale will suffer as people shall be getting performance of Ciaz in a Dzire at a cost that will be around 1.5L cheaper.
Vishnu, I guess you are making a slightly wrong / unfair comparison here. City and Amaze have common diesel engines but you are asking for common petrol engines between Ciaz and Dzire. If you see City and Amaze have different petrol engines. Again, Dzire and Ciaz have the same 1.3 diesel engine but Ciaz has VGT for more power and torque.

Now, why I say it unfair is because of the 4m excise rules. A car is considered small if it is 4m + 1.2 L for petrol and 4m + 1.5 L for diesel. So putting in 1.4 L petrol into Dzire will mean it will lose the small car benefits which Maruti is not gonna do. But Amaze is still a small car with the 1.5 L diesel. Again City has a 6 speed gearbox as the differentiation from Amaze.

King of the compact segment - Dzire facelift production starts as launch nears.

B82CUYjCIAAL5Re.jpg

B82CTUfCIAAsfvE.jpg

Source:Gaadiwaadi

Dzire approaches launch date ( Feb 23?), stockyard shows launch is near.
B83PJGECQAAVwoi.jpg

Source:Gaadiwaadi

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Looks very bad!
My guess is either MSIL is not paying their designers well or the designers themselves are real stupid!
DJ I am more worried about the fact how are these designers getting approval on such designs? Of-late the idea of face-lift for Maruti has been either omission of basic necessary features or coming up with Chrome loaded cars viz-a-viz Dzire, Ertiga. It won't be a surprise that even this version of Dzire will have good number of sales. So, MSIL is least bothered on looks till their cars are giving good sales.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom