New Maruti Alto 800 Now Launched at 2.44 Lakhs

This compact car is a five door car which features a 54 bhp, 1-litre and has a sleek and stylish body and going by Maruti’s pricing standards, they might just price it right. If the rumors are to be believed, Cervo might be priced between 2-3 Lakh. There is not even an ounce of doubt that once Cervo is launched in India with this price tag, it will become the fastest and the most selling model for Maruti Suzuki.

If we have to summarise the Cervo, it looks much similar to the Honda Jazz but with an economical price tag. The fit and finish of the car is praise worthy and has enchanting looks. The interiors of the car resembles a Swift or the SX4 and has loads of space, be it the head room, leg room or the boot space. We hear that the car comes equipped with front semi-bucket seats, 4-speed auto gearbox, a K6A DOHC engine with VVT and bluetooth capability. The car which has already been launched in the Japanese market is quite a hit.
The above bold marked lines and words are the major attractions,these all makes the car just wow,if they all come in the package in this price.

But I wonder that how can they give away 4-speed automatic gearbox,K6A DOHC engine with VVT at such a low price[surprise]

Forget the K6A engine ... it will never make it to India.
Our adulterated fuels will kill it!!

This looks like combo of Beat & Ritz!

I hope the rear looks of Cervo are one of the best design from suzuki.

Yeah and lets hope its not something like Ritz!!

But from the looks of the picture i suspect something similar to Ritz only due to its high stance!!

Well, logic would dictate that it shares a platform with the Alto/Wagon R, rather than the Ritz / Swift.

over all from front, side and interiors are great but i don't like the rear, isn't it very lowered like a normal hatch? moreover the tail lights are not attractive. so is it really going to be a replacement for 800? i think 800 is also going to phase out soon.

The roof line merging with the tailgate window is a beautifully crafted bit of styling!!
(Third image, Silver Grey Car)

Yes its also a tall-boy design, but much better that estilo and wanogr.
And its pricing might make it best selling car, after all its from maruti.

The exteriors are okay and the interiors looks very much similar to Swift!! But if priced well will be a hot seller for Maruti again!

The exteriors are okay and the interiors looks very much similar to Swift!! But if priced well will be a hot seller for Maruti again!
If it is a Maruti product, I don't think there needs to be any worry on the price point!![;)]

This is what Rediff has to say about it ...
The original small car makers of the country who gave us the first economy car Maruti 800 are back with Maruti Cervo to compete with Tata Nano.

With Cervo the car makers are expecting to gain their lost position in the small car segment that they had during the days of Maruti 800. Maruti Cervo is priced between Rs 150,000 - Rs 200,000 (ex-showroom Delhi), which is higher than the price of Tata Nano.

It is still expected to give the one-lakh-rupee car a run for its money. Cervo is seen to be rolled out sometime in the month of May or June 2010.

All about Cervo

With Maruti Cervo the car maker wishes to repeat the success of Maruti 800 and Maruti Alto. Maruti is working very hard to tap the entry level segment and it might reduce some features from the original model available in Japan.

Cervo which is a five-door hatchback model has a spacious passenger cabin. It comes equipped with a 0.7L, 660cc petrol engine capable of producing maximum power of 60bhp. The phenomenal fuel efficiency is one of the USPs of this car.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom