New Maruti Alto 800 Now Launched at 2.44 Lakhs

350Z

Core Team
Yes that is a Suzuki Cervo but as stated in above article that this is an all new model and first Concept will be showcased at Auto Expo, I slightly doubt it to be the Cervo.

Maruti Cervo doesn't looks to be a great alternative to our good old 800, Maruti is slowly killing all the earlier models (like Zen) and introducing the boring tall-boys which I personally don't prefer.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Arun

Suspended
Yes that is a Suzuki Cervo but as stated in above article that this is an all new model and first Concept will be showcased at Auto Expo, I slightly doubt it to be the Cervo.
:agree: A concept will be showcased. I just want the Cervo to be here. Next gen Suzuki to take on the Beat. Nothing can stop the Beat if it is priced somewhere in the 3.5 to 4.5 lakh price bracket.

Maruti Cervo doesn't looks to be a great alternative to our good old 800, Maruti is slowly killing all the earlier models (like Zen) and introducing the boring tall-boys which I personally don't prefer.
Yes. Maruti are literally killing the jelly-beans. The Zen which we love [the jelly-bean] is actually the 3rd generation Cervo as far as I know.
The new car will replace the 800 only physically. The emotional attachment and the pure love for the 800 is immortal. Lets face it guys, each one of us see an 800 everyday. If you've been to a driving school, it was probably the 800 you got your hands on first. Each one of us is attached to the 800 in some way or the other.
Suzuki, just keep the 800 for old times sake!

350Z

Core Team
Arun said:
Each one of us is attached to the 800 in some way or the other.
Suzuki, just keep the 800 for old times sake!
Exactly, I'll be keeping mine and make it a classic. :cool:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Arun

Suspended
Exactly, I'll be keeping mine and make it a classic. :cool:

Drive Safe,
350Z
We'll force you to keep it anyway! Cars come at a price, go with a heavier price, our emotions. It is really difficult to let go of it.

Suzuki introducing a Nano-competitor from its stable,shortly

TAINZ,

Check out the cute car coming from Suzuki.

More and more companies are entering into the battle for small cars. Immeditaley after the stunning announcement of Tata with a 1 lac car, news came up that Hyundai is also planning to come out with a car which is under 2 lacs but will be out by 2011. And now, the biggest player player Maruti Suzuki is coming out with a very fancy small car. Its expected it will hit the road either the end of this year or early 2009.

The Suzuki car is coming to give a very fierce competition to Nano. It has a 660 cc engine as compared to Nano's 623 cc. It is slightly expensive with a price tag of around 1.5 lacs which is excluding the insurance. However, Nano is expected to be out for 1.25 lacs. It is expected to be named as "Suzuki Cervo".
Source:technology-boost.blogspot.com

It is really a Suzuki's answer to TATA's Nano.

Attachments

Yes this is really a stunner from Suzuki after swift.

We already discussed about this car !

Mods Kindly merge this thread.

Oh!! I regret for posting mods.

I forgot about this thread,searched about "Suzuki Cervo", didnt got any result so created it.

Still the pics are really great, and shows the car a real stunner. The dash is having integrated HU and also shows automatic gear(Hope it wont be in its Indian version), but there is no controls on steeringwheel.Styling is cool.

The car looks cool and better than the Nano!! The front resembles Innova and the back resembles i20 a bit!! The interiors seems similar to Swift except for the integrated HU as told by AHI!!

A/T for 1.5 lakhs?? And BTW when is it going to be launched , it must be early 2010 right??

The car looks cool and better than the Nano!! The front resembles Innova and the back resembles i20 a bit!! The interiors seems similar to Swift except for the integrated HU as told by AHI!!

A/T for 1.5 lakhs?? And BTW when is it going to be launched , it must be early 2010 right??
You won't even get the manual for 1.5 lakhs.

I'm hearing that Nano's price itself is going to be increased by 40k.

you wont get AT for 1.5L man, even MT might not be available in that price.But yes maruti is working on this project and might come out in 2010 or 2011.

350Z

Core Team
The Suzuki Cervo is yet again in news after a short interval. While surfing on net, I found on carazoo.com that MSIL is planning to launch Cervo in Indian Market soon which will co-exist with other models, So don't expect any replacements. Now, Seems like maruti will itself loose the count how many cars it has slotted in hatchback segment. Read this -

Guess what? Maruti Suzuki might be riding a high wave with their production output surpassing the parent company itself but that does not stop India’s largest car manufacturing company to stop at it.

Maruti Suzuki has been ruling the roost in the compact segment and it is a known fact that 2 out of every 3 cars sold in India is a Maruti Suzuki. Maruti Suzuki wants to further consolidate their position in the Indian car market and how?

Maruti plans to launch another compact car Cervo in the Indian market by the end of 2010. Though Cervo was seen a replacement for the already successful Maruti cars like Alto and Wagon R, Maruti Suzuki plans to launch the Cervo that will co-exist with the popular other models.

This compact car is a five door car which features a 54 bhp, 1-litre and has a sleek and stylish body and going by Maruti’s pricing standards, they might just price it right. If the rumors are to be believed, Cervo might be priced between 2-3 Lakh. There is not even an ounce of doubt that once Cervo is launched in India with this price tag, it will become the fastest and the most selling model for Maruti Suzuki.

If we have to summarise the Cervo, it looks much similar to the Honda Jazz but with an economical price tag. The fit and finish of the car is praise worthy and has enchanting looks. The interiors of the car resembles a Swift or the SX4 and has loads of space, be it the head room, leg room or the boot space. We hear that the car comes equipped with front semi-bucket seats, 4-speed auto gearbox, a K6A DOHC engine with VVT and bluetooth capability. The car which has already been launched in the Japanese market is quite a hit.
Drive Safe,
350Z

With the above engine , Swift like interiors bluetooth capability and most important of all competitive pricing i think this model is also going to be a run away success for MSIL again!

Top Bottom