New Mahindra Thar 2012 Now with A/C

Mahindra has launched the upgraded Thar today in Mumbai.The New Thar now gets a factor-fitted A/C and is available in BS4 CRDe and DI engine variants. A customized version of the Thar was also launched with front bulbar with integrated electric winch, rock sliders, snorkel, expedition carrier and roll cage amongst other features to boost its off-road capabilities.
ACI

Attachments

They should change the dash board first. Current one looks very cheap.
Why not borrow one straight for scorpio ?

well, Its an off roader so I think the dash and all are fine. They just need to improve the quality of them.
Exactly cheap means not that the interiors must look like Hyundai verna , it means the quality is not upto the mark atall looking at the price they are quoting the quality can be decent don't you think so it can be durable more solid with decent panel gaps ?

I wonder why it took so long for Mahindra to fit an AC into it. Boys in my locality had been doing it from day one at dirt cheap price . and trust me the cabin becomes freezing cool within 10 minutes better than stock cars!

I wonder why it took so long for Mahindra to fit an AC into it. Boys in my locality had been doing it from day one at dirt cheap price . and trust me the cabin becomes freezing cool within 10 minutes better than stock cars!
I heard the part were you live the thar is quite famous is it true ? And what is the reason for that ?

Exactly cheap means not that the interiors must look like Hyundai verna , it means the quality is not upto the mark atall looking at the price they are quoting the quality can be decent don't you think so it can be durable more solid with decent panel gaps ?
I agree, the quality is pathetic and they really need to improve the durability of body panels and interiors because at the end of the day its an Off-Roader. ! [frustration]

Re: Mahindra Thar (Off) Road Test Review

I hope apart from AC and hard-top,mahindra should also provide ABS and airbags on the new THAR,atleast these should be optional.Does any one agree with me?
ABS and airbags aren't good thing for off-roader car . specially ABS are said that it makes off-roading more harder please correct me

Good to see that dealer tried there best to sell me thar but i still went for gypsy

A friend of mine has one rotting away ,it has some mods,but the hype has died down & even owners realizing no matter how cool it make seem in the beginning its just a crude jeep with a crdi engine & really is better serving a farmer or rural area than looking cool in the City.
So many who want to look cool or be different,just pick up old jeeps & mod them just like the Gypsy & you can take them off road with your buddies.Or wait for some time & pick up a used Thar for a decent price.

problem is that in off-roading bumper is first thing get destroyed and mostly airbags sensor are placed behind it .
There is a crazy person who is well known to a friend,he off roads his Pajero & gets annoyed with the small damages & scratches,so he has ended up re painting some panels more than 5 times & a realization is most of the hammered Suvs like the Pajero the Airbag sensors would have failed long ago(its an expensive fix along with the airbag canister).
Ya so Airbags & Abs(bad off tarmac) for a barebone traditional offroader is a strict No.

Top Bottom