New Mahindra Thar 2012 Now with A/C

350Z

Core Team
Re: New Mahindra Thar 2012 Coming Soon!

Mahindra seems to have granted the wish of prospective customers. New Thar which will roll out in next couple of months will come equipped with air-conditioner, hard-top and revamped interiors. However this might increase the price further. (Source: Indiancarsbikes.in)

Drive Safe,
350Z

By the end of April it is expected that the new version of the Thar will be launched.There could be a increase of Rs 30,000/- .
Motoriods

Mahindra seems to have granted the wish of prospective customers. New Thar which will roll out in next couple of months will come equipped with air-conditioner, hard-top and revamped interiors. However this might increase the price further. (Source: Indiancarsbikes.in)

Drive Safe,
350Z
Will these options available with that DI engine variant. Then i will be the first one to buy the New Thar in my town.
I don't need any independent suspension,immobiliser or CRDE engine. I just want a JEEP with AC and nice looks with power steering and power windows. Interior should not be a [anger] metal sheet. I need that stuff within Bolero.

Re: Mahindra Thar (Off) Road Test Review

I hope apart from AC and hard-top,mahindra should also provide ABS and airbags on the new THAR,atleast these should be optional.Does any one agree with me?

^^I dont think ABS is very good option when it comes to offroading. (Assuming that some one who buys the Thar wants to do off roading, I know many buy it for its style). Some situations in off roading you want the wheels to lock up. And as far ABS goes. I don't know how they would incorporate it looking at the current Thar setup>

Last edited:

^^^ Yeah as long as their on road I think its fine. ABS wont be bad in all off- roading situations per se. But, sometimes on sand and gravel, because of little friction the wheels might keep rolling longer than required.

I hope apart from AC and hard-top,mahindra should also provide ABS and airbags on the new THAR,atleast these should be optional.Does any one agree with me?
What is the whole reason for using ABS?,it's only an added safety feature and not needed for a vehicle like this, and if at all M&M gives ABS and Airbags think about the pricing levels, it would cross 8+Lakhs, It's overpriced currently.

What is the whole reason for using ABS?,it's only an added safety feature and not needed for a vehicle like this, and if at all M&M gives ABS and Airbags think about the pricing levels, it would cross 8+Lakhs, It's overpriced currently.
Nothing bad if provided as optional fitment for those who have the moolah and want one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will these options available with that DI engine variant. Then i will be the first one to buy the New Thar in my town.
I don't need any independent suspension,immobiliser or CRDE engine. I just want a JEEP with AC and nice looks with power steering and power windows. Interior should not be a [anger] metal sheet. I need that stuff within Bolero.
+1 to that Vivian ,
but DI does not have provision for ac vents also if am not wrong,so that is why majority are going for the crdi in the rural areas with hopes of adding the ac later on.

So i can very well predict the crdi if it will have the ac then a 50g otr price hike,And hardtop seems like a rumor to me,but they would provide an option if possible but one can get a retrofit with some coach builder as a friend suggested.
And ABS wont be of help for an offroader & Mahindra which seems to be taking its time for adding an ac wont even bother with one am sure.

Last edited:

Mahindra has finally launched the Thar CRDe 4X4 SUV with factory fitted air conditioning and an engine immobilizer!

But where is the hard-top? [confused]

Read here:
2012 Mahindra Thar CRDe 4X4 SUV launched with AC and engine immobiizer at a price of INR 6.86 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi | IndianCarsBikes.in
So they are charging 87 thousand extra for the 4x4 AC. That's too much IMO. Would have preferred the hard top atleast as an option! [frustration]

hard top is not there. ac wont work well without it so why mahindra did so?
AC is not all that bad. My cousin has one with the AC fitted from the dealership.

:biggrin:
hard top is not there. ac wont work well without it so why mahindra did so?
Actually the soft top of Thar CRDe is fully competent to retain cool air from the AC fitted to the Jeep. It obviously isn't as good as a hard top, but its good enough.

On another note, if an AC is here, can a hard top be far behind? Personally, I would always prefer a Jeep with a soft top because when the sun is out and all is right with the world, few things could match the pleasure of open top motoring in a classic Jeep. That Mahindra has come out with an AC version does mean that the Thar is selling in sufficient numbers as planned by the company. The Thar is a niche vehicle and I do not think anyone would have bought it as his/her:biggrin: first/only vehicle. For a niche vehicle, things like practicality and value for money are not the primary purchase considerations. Let's see how the Thar does now.

Does anyone has any idea of the sale numbers for the Thar? Vibhor??

Top Bottom