New Hyundai i20 Sportz Vs Honda Jazz

Thread Starter #1
Hi

This is my first post in TAI. however got surprised as not able to find any review for i-20 sports igen. may be my search was not proper [surprise]

Currently I am having Wagon R – LXI which I bought around 5 years back total run till date is 30,000 Kms.

Now I am planning to change the car with some luxurious hatchback petrol in my budget around 6.5 Lacs.
My monthly running is around 600 Kms. My family includes my wife and one kid (8yrs old who want some funky car [;)])

Running is daily around 10 Kms within city and little far in Mumbai on weekends.

Till now I have shortlisted two cars i-20 sports & Honda Jazz.

Request Gurus to suggest me the best possible option in these two or some other choices also.

Regards

If you compare both the cars feature wise then Honda jazz is nowhere near igen i20 because i20 sportz is loaded with lots of new features which is very tempting like Front/Rear Fog Lamps, Rain Sensing wipers, Fully Automatic AC with heater, Parking Assist (rear sensors, rear camera, display on ECM), smart pedal, impact sensing auto door unlock, clutch lock, lane changing indicator (one touch triple turn), inside rearview mirror (electrochromic ECM), rear defogger with timer but missing passenger side airbag , brake assist , rear wiper, Magic sets, store space and boot space is less in i20, Gcon body structure which is made with high quality steel and super refined and smooth iVTEC engine and has only 14” Alloy wheels as compare to 15” of Jazz select. But both cars have 5 star euro NCAP safety ratings.
Very difficult choice if features are your primary requirement then i20 if you prefer space and practicality over features then Jazz

It depends on what you need buddy.
A new fluidic design, with awesome features (Reverse Cam, Automatic headlamps, Rain sensing wiper) or the iVtec which comes with the Honda quality.
The on road price of i20 sports would be around 6.25 where as, Jazz select would be 6.8 In this case I'd suggest iGen i20, as its a new model, as well as for the awesome features it provides.

350Z

Core Team
This is my first post in TAI. however got surprised as not able to find any review for i-20 sports igen. may be my search was not proper
Welcome aboard. There are a few owners of New Hyundai i20 on our forum. Here’s the link: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...i20-fluidic-now-launched-rs-4-73-lakhs-8.html

Now I am planning to change the car with some luxurious hatchback petrol in my budget around 6.5 Lacs.
Your usage is quite less and since you wish to buy a ‘luxurious’ hatchback, i20 is a nice blend of comfort and features while Jazz would be more fun to drive. It boils down to a personal choice now. Do check out both the hatchbacks and choose the one with which you feel at home. Please let us know if you have specific queries.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Sam,

I am no guru, but will post my short experience.

I got home i20 Diesel on June 8th, done 1500 km on the odo. Should say it has been pure bliss. As mentioned earlier lot of features that are helpful in city driving conditions. Believe me reverse parking camera is very helpful. I am sort of not liking the 'Sensor Only' reverse in my dad's new Innova.
Did a short trip from Bangalore to Kodai. Car behaved well and AC was adequate.

Obviously I dont know much about Jazz, I took a test drive of Jazz but went for diesel finally, so had to rule out Jazz, otherwise a nice car. So choose wisely by taking test drive or spending good time with both the cars probably taking help of friends or colleagues those who own either of the cars.

CeeKay

Last edited:
Both the I20 and Jazz are pretty awesome hatches but if you want a never ending list of features then i would suggest going ahead with I20.

And also you have an diesel option in I20 as well, if you are looking for diesel.

Honda Jazz vs Hyundai i20

Hello Everyone,

Honda Jazz vs Hyundai i20 .

Which one is better from both cars...... Choose only one

[:)] [:)]

Hi samknp,

Go for honda JAZZ because the engine is really good in Honda Jazz. i 20 has same as i10 1200CC, you will feel little power loss because i 20 has more weight.
Choosing honda jazz u will loose the gadgets that are provided by hyundai. Space & boot space is not a problem in both cars. So choose wisely!

Regards,
Adi

Honda is no.1 in reliability globally.(google it)

Hyundai is not even in top 10 when it comes to reliability.

Also honda gives troublefree ownership.

Honda surely give better mileage figures.

Honda parts are long lasting compare to the competition.

Honda jazz (fit,outside india) has won numerious awards.

Hyundai is not committed to its customers,steering rattle issue in old i20 & i10 is proof of that.these jokers have not sorted this issue completely in old models,Either they can give you steering rattle with light weight steering or hard steering without steering rattle.

Last edited:
Honda is no.1 in reliability globally.(google it)

Hyundai is not even in top 10 when it comes to reliability.

Also honda gives troublefree ownership.

Honda surely give better mileage figures.

Honda parts are long lasting compare to the competition.

Honda jazz (fit,outside india) has won numerious awards.

Hyundai is not committed to its customers,steering rattle issue in old i20 & i10 is proof of that.these jokers have not sorted this issue completely in old models,Either they can give you steering rattle with light weight steering or hard steering without steering rattle.

Hey Sanjaysk,

Have you heard "Nothing is perfect", So this is also implies in automobile industry.

Specially in india, the auto companies are not working on Six sigma (accuracy 99.99%) like aviation industry.

Every car has its pros and cons. look at sales figures of Jazz you will get to know. I totally agree with you honda has reliability factor but check with owners they have to wait for parts at service centres.

About rattling issues they have corrected in there new models even i had talked to i 20 owners who these issues, hyundai replaced whole steering assembly free of cost.

Honda Jazz, I would say. Even I am in the market for Jazz. Features apart, the Jazz will give you a fun to live with engine along with good FE. Then add to it the Honda reliability. Spares cost is on the higher side though. The iVtec is an equal match, if not better, to the Maruti K series.
I do not know about i20, but take an informed decision. My brother has a old gen Verna, and I do not like its ride and handling abilities. First big no-no.

If you want the car with lotz of features, but little heavier on your pocket afterwards. Go for I20.
If features are not your priority and you want reliable car with decent looks go for Jazz.

I would any day go for Jazz from the 2.

I would say go for jazz, Hyundai i20 is a korean beauty with stunning features, who wants to enjoy a peaceful luxurious slow feature rich ride inside city, where are Jazz is Masculine with its powerful ivtec, stiffer suspension, very less body roll, and convenient cabin space in the absence of certain cosmetic features like (rain sensing, auto head lamp, rear view camera on ECR etc.)

Spare parts issues, I wont bother much, because some of the spares are shared between Jazz, city and Brio, also Honda vehicles are increasing on the roads.

I own a jazz S/E and I am perfectly enjoying each ride. Its a mixed blend, in which front view looks like a sedan and rear view is a hatch.

Also I heard jazz has some unique stuff like iridium spark plug (for eg.) which has got 1 lakh KM life with out any maintenance etc etc over i20 and other hatches, so keep look on the interior stuff inside the bonnet also and don't look only the external features, before finalizing your selection.

Honda Jazz anyday. Excellent mileage(18-22 with AC with low traffic) and a very refined powerful engine. Loads of visibility and space. Honda reliability. And its a pretty tested car(Honda Fit outside).

i20 provides much more features though.But for me the above factors are more important.

P.S I have a Jazz and love it. Low maintenance costs too. I got it at 6.4 lakhs onroad(base variant)

Last edited:

Top Bottom