New Hyundai i20 Known as 'Elite i20'. Now Launched! (Details: Pg.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Last edited:
New 2015 Hyundai i20 Spied Inside Out

The upcoming next gen Hyundai i20 has been spied testing again. This time, clear interior spy pics of the car have surfaced on the cyberspace. The car has also shed some of its camouflage ahead of its rumored world premiere at the 2014 Paris Motor Show in October.

The Korean car maker is readying the new gen i20 for its launch next year. We have extensively reported when the upcoming new gen 2015 Hyundai i20 was caught testing in India. Since, recently Hyundai introduced the new i10, which has grown in dimensions, Hyundai needs to ensure that the i20′s dimensions are also increased, to widen the gap between the two.

The pics seen here give us a clearer view of the rear end of the premium hatchback, including the shape and styling of the tail lamps and the faux covers of the C-pillars. Akin to the current gen model. the car will also come with a tailgate-mounted spoiler and turn signals built into the mirrors. The car’s dashboard styling has been carried over from the new 2015 Sonata, which will make its debut at the New York Auto Show next month.

Attachments

Re: Clear Images- New 2015 Hyundai i20 Spied Inside Out

I have spotted camouflaged I20, couple of times near Chennai. But, couldn't able to take a snap of it.

Will try to click next time.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Clear Images- New 2015 Hyundai i20 Spied Inside Out

The rear looks futuristic,this really barks premium!Hope they make this one a good handler.
i totally agree [:D] hyundai showed vast improvements in grand i10 as far as suspension and handling is concerned and i hope it continues with the new i20.

but i do hope they give dual tone interiors and the interiors showed above are just for testing purposes and not the real deal.

Re: New 2015 Hyundai i20 Spied Inside Out

Rightly put by draneeshp and allhyundaicars, the back does look pretty neatly done and one of its kind. Though would have to see without the camouflage to judge it perfectly, but going by the pics it does look nice. Interiors too seem to have gone under the knife considerably and looks nicely done. Would surely love to see if Hyundai tweaks the suspension of this new upcoming i20 as well. Driving characteristics is something Hyundai should be looking to improve in their next generation cars.

Spied – IAB reader captures the 2015 Hyundai i20 testing

‘Mad IAB fan’ Gokulraj GK (CEO of MyCopie) has clicked a camouflaged 2015 Hyundai i20 from its testing phase in Chennai.

The global unveil of the new i20, going by trusted media reports, is planned at the Paris Auto Show in early October. There is a strong likelihood (as seen with the new i10 last year) of sales opening in India in advance of the global launch program.

Logically the new i20 would replace the current model when it hits the Indian market around September.

Although test mules are carefully disguised, it is evident that the new i20 retains the original shape and dimensions. Exterior detailing would vary, as the new i20 takes on the Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 design language, attiring the Genesis, Sonata and ix25. Test mules have been spotted with a dual-tone cloth trim and a far upscale dashboard in the same interface as the new Sonata.

Much of the powertrain range would be chipped from the current lineup, meaning that the 1.2L petrol, 1.1L diesel (offered in Europe) and the 1.4L diesel would serve the launch variants. While the petrol is available in manual and automatic, the diesel is available with an optional 6-speed manual gearbox.

Also see the reverse parking sensors and reverse camera integrated into the boot opener as found in the present i20

Read more: IAB reader captures the 2015 Hyundai i20 testing

Attachments

The car shown in the opening post and the car spotted in India look like different cars to me. The reason being, check out the tail lamps of both cars. I've circled it in the picture below. There seems to be a difference near the reverse light area.

Attachments

Xclusive Next-Gen Hyundai i20 Spyshots Reveal Slightly Different Tail-Lamp Cluster

If you have looked at these revealing spyshots of the rear of Hyundai’s upcoming Next-Gen i20 from Germany, you have a real good hint of how the new iteration would look like, at least from the rear!

However, in an interesting new development, we have a few new spyshots shared by our reader Bala Subramaniam from India. The spyshots feature the Next-Gen i20 which is spotted in Chennai and should be the Indian version under tests. Now, if you look at the spyshots closely (we have actually zoomed in on one), the tail lamp cluster appears to be slightly different (from the German counterpart).

The Indian i20 appears to have a few more design elements to the tail lamps. We can definitely see a chrome outline which is missing on the German i20. Apart from that, this i20 test mule is running on Bridgestone tyres and has the interiors covered to the brim.

It appears to be a lesser trim considering that it is running on wheelcaps on rims. We also have the frontal shots which give us a feeling that the headlamp cluster will be an enlarged one engulfing the side blinkers on the inside, near the grille. The honeycomb airdam/grille is also exposed.

Attachments

Spotted two (and the only) test mules of upcoming i20 in India.
Any idea when the new i20 will be launched? I am planning to buy a car by this year end. It has to be the new Jazz or the new i20 depending on which one I feel is better. But sadly for me there is nothing solid on the launch of either of them [sad]

Guess they are waiting for the other to launch so they can come one up with the price and future. Its the prospective customer who is kept waiting though [frustration]

Any idea when the new i20 will be launched? I am planning to buy a car by this year end. It has to be the new Jazz or the new i20 depending on which one I feel is better. But sadly for me there is nothing solid on the launch of either of them [sad]

Guess they are waiting for the other to launch so they can come one up with the price and future. Its the prospective customer who is kept waiting though [frustration]
Both are expected to be available at the end of the year. Both cars will be fresh when launched and it all depends on pricing. The current i20 isn't cheap, so the new one will be even more pricier. As usual, Hyundai will load it with features.
The Jazz on the other hand will be available with diesel engine this time and it will be priced competitively. Honda has promised good pricing. Honda is finalizing the variants and plant to produce it.
Both are good cars, the Jazz has always been an impressive car, and with new one it will be still better. With very few negatives being reported, it might get the tag "Best Premium Hatchback" in India.

Between the two, its the Honda which is always better then Hyundai, so you can wait and look at both the cars when launched.

Both are expected to be available at the end of the year...current i20 isn't cheap, so the new one will be even more pricier...Hyundai will load it with features.
The Jazz on the other hand will be available with diesel engine...Honda has promised good pricing...
Between the two, its the Honda which is always better then Hyundai, so you can wait and look at both the cars when launched.
Yes Nishanth. I totally agree with all the points you have mentioned.

Even though I was not particularly impressed with the 'looks' of the previous Jazz, the new one has kept me drooling all over it. Moreover, I guess, the old one also grows on you. It was love at first sight for me with the New Jazz and I am eager for that to launch. Hope it does not cost more than the current i20 prices, else it will again be tagged 'over-priced'.

With the new i20, I guesss Hyundai will not play around a lot with the prices. They will have a lot of gizmos like the Grand i10 / Xcent twins. Im only considering this as an alternate to Jazz, only if Jazz fails to impress me at all.

I agree that Honda is any day better than Hyundai but we also have to agree that Hyundai is growing better day by day!!!

Yes Nishanth. I totally agree with all the points you have mentioned.

Even though I was not particularly impressed with the 'looks' of the previous Jazz, the new one has kept me drooling all over it. Moreover, I guess, the old one also grows on you. It was love at first sight for me with the New Jazz and I am eager for that to launch. Hope it does not cost more than the current i20 prices, else it will again be tagged 'over-priced'.

With the new i20, I guesss Hyundai will not play around a lot with the prices. They will have a lot of gizmos like the Grand i10 / Xcent twins. Im only considering this as an alternate to Jazz, only if Jazz fails to impress me at all.

I agree that Honda is any day better than Hyundai but we also have to agree that Hyundai is growing better day by day!!!
Even i am in the same dilemma Vignesh. I am too considering to replace either Rapid or Brio with Either of these. We have a 2011 Wagon R which is used by sister and i will replace it with Jazz (mostly) or i20 if it's worth it. So keenly watching this space. I never liked current i20, hope new one is better in every ways. I am happy with Honda products more then Hyundai.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom