New Hyundai i20 Known as 'Elite i20'. Now Launched! (Details: Pg.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New 2015 Hyundai i20 Spied Inside Out

Even i am in the same dilemma Vignesh. I am too considering to replace either Rapid or Brio with Either of these. We have a 2011 Wagon R which is used by sister and i will replace it with Jazz (mostly) or i20 if it's worth it. So keenly watching this space. I never liked current i20, hope new one is better in every ways. I am happy with Honda products more then Hyundai.
Hey Nishant, I guessed you were also waiting for the new Jazz, seeing your profile pic [:D]

For me, this is gonna be my first car and what better than a Honda. I am a die-hard Honda fan and own a grey Unicorn too. I was initially considering the Grand i10 but once the new broke about Jazz, I decided to wait and Grand i10 seemed small and pale [evil] Fingers crossed and hoping they launch Jazz soon.

Spied – IAB reader spies the 2015 Hyundai i20 testing alongside camouflaged Maruti Swift

The upcoming Hyundai i20 was once again seen testing outside Chennai by IAB reader Saravanan of MyCopie. The premium hatchback, sources tell IAB, will launch around September 2014 in India. Trial production of the new i20 will begin anytime now, our sources add.

Curiously, here the new i20 is seen testing alongside a camouflaged Maruti Swift. The Swift was last refreshed back in July 2013 and is due for a facelift, along with its compact sedan sibling, the Swift Dzire. We reckon the camouflage is Hyundai maintaining confidentiality during benchmarking. Another IAB had seen the new i20 benchmarking with the VW Polo.

The rear door has also undergone a change, with the new i20 featuring a clear quarter-glass and blackened frames. What the camouflage masks is that the new i20 features the all-new Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 design language, attiring the Genesis, Sonata and ix25. Even the platform of the new i20 is new.

Test mules spotted earlier came with a dual-tone cloth trim and a far upscale dashboard in the same interface as the new Sonata.

Read more: 2015 Hyundai i20 testing alongside Maruti Swift

Attachments

Thanks for the pictures bro! The i20 is looking more of Grand i10 than i20. The swift is retaining the same design as before.

Thanks,
Srikanth.

Looking at the first picture chetan shared, we get a better view of the current gen i20 along with upcoming variant, the third last quater glass area has been cutoff and seems rear bench gets few more inches for rear passengers comfort, with the extended glass line visible through this images.

Thread Starter #23

The New i20 could be called the i30 ot the Grand i20, but one thing seems clear the New car will be the Premium hatchback from Hyundai and the current Gen i20 will continue to exist . Launch expected in Oct 2014

Priced just below the 10 lakh mark and spacious as a Sedan , will this be accepted by the Indian market?

Yes, the i20 is among the finest hatchbacks in the country, but we also believe that above the i20, there is room for a very premium hatchback. Therefore, we are planning to come up with a new car that will be slotted above the i20. People are going to love it because it will give them easy manoeuvrability in a congested city environment along with the luxury and space associated with a mid-size sedan.
Hyundai 'i30' premium hatchback likely to be launched around Diwali - Financial Express

Next Gen Hyundai i20 Could Co-Exist With Current Gen Model In India

Selling two different generations of the same vehicle at the same time is not an unknown practice in India. The Chevrolet Beat and Spark are the same products, just a generation apart; and so are the Maruti Alto 800 and the Alto K10 that are essentially old and new generation models. Hyundai too has been following this strategy to offer competitively priced products since ages in the country. We have the Santro, followed by the i10 and now the Grand i10 simultaneously sold in India, which are each a generation apart from the other.
Now, Hyundai is planning to use the same strategy in the premium hatchback segment where the company offers the i20. The South Korean car maker believes that there is room in the Indian market for a very premium hatchback that will be slotted above the i20. Hyundai confirmed that the development is under process for the new hatchback that will offer the luxury and space associated with a mid-size sedan, while carrying the attributes and the compact structure of a hatchback.
We however think that Hyundai will most likely launch the next generation i20 that will be positioned above the current generation i20, with both the models being sold simultaneously. While the company retails the i30 in this segment internationally, it will not be using the same nomenclature in India and will get a new name (Grand i20 anyone?) instead. The company also confirmed that the model will be priced under the Rs. 10 lakh mark and is expected to get a plethora of new features and probably new re-tuned engine options as well on the next generation model.
The hatchback segment enjoys 68 percent of market share in the country and is the favoured option by the masses. Hyundai will certainly be starting a completely new segment that will see competition from mid-size C-segment sedans in terms of pricing. This does show that the Indian automaker market has certainly evolved and is accepting new products at different price points. We do hope to see the choice of more powerful engine options on the next generation model that will also help differentiate better from the current gen i20.
Hyundai has been regularly testing the next generation i20 all over the country with this test mule spotted below in Kullumanali by our reader Arjun. The model is expected to get a newly sculpted design featuring more mature and toned looks compared to the current generation model, while the interiors are inspired from the 2015 Sonata sedan. Hyundai has been developing the second generation i20 at the company’s new test centre at the Nurburgring, Germany and the premium hatchback will be launched around the festive season this year.

Read more at Next Gen Hyundai i20 Could Co-Exist With Current Gen Model In India | MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

IMHO This is not a good idea because this new model may not be able to sell in good numbers
It may share the same fate of HONDA JAZZ as honda was trying to create a new segment with very high pricing

Majority of us will not buy a petrol hatchback above 7 lakhs and diesel hatchbach above 8 lakhs.

hyundai must not ruin their so capable product by experimenting this kind of thing

******** member "AJITHAAA" Spotted The New i20 on NICE road Bangalore. The test cars are accompanied by Maruti Swifts and VW polos which are part of the test team.

Many other auto blogs and websites are speculating that this new i20 may be launched a segment above the present i20.if so then why is hyundai benchmarking this car against polos and swifts.

swift does not even belong to the premium hatchback category!..

if they launch this in the sub 10 lakh segment then where would they place their new IX25 crossover.if they price their crossover in the XUV500 range then it will surely fail

what is hyundai thinking by this sort of strategy?.

Thread Starter #27

if they launch this in the sub 10 lakh segment then where would they place their new IX25 crossover.
The ix25 unveiled in China is >4m length, so unless they redesign it will compete with Duster/Terrano and the upcoming S Cross from Maruti!

The NEW i20 is speculated to be priced in the Ecosport range!

Last edited:

Spied – IAB reader snaps the 2015 Hyundai i20 with a camouflaged Maruti Swift

Indian Autos Blog reader, Mr. Gokulraj of MyCopie, snapped the next generation 2015 Hyundai i20 on test recently. The second generation i20 was spotted testing alongside a camouflaged Maruti Swift on the outskirts of Chennai, where Hyundai has its manufacturing facility. Hyundai is using the Maruti Swift as a benchmark product for the new i20.

And that’s a no-brainer as the new i20 will find its main rival in the Swift, which continues to dominate the premium hatchback segment with monthly sales averaging 18,248 units, as compared to the i20 which sees monthly sales of 3,997 units (figures for January-May 2014 period). Other segment rivals include the VW Polo, Fiat Punto (both of which are scheduled for refreshes before September) and new cars like the Tata Zest and Honda Jazz.

Attachments

Spied – IAB reader snaps the 2015 Hyundai i20′s rear disc brake and LED taillight

An image showing the alloy wheel of the car confirms the presence of rear disc brakes (at least on the top-end model). Another image focussing on the taillight cluster indicates that Hyundai will give the hatchback LED elements for its brake lights.

The new i20 is expected to go on sale in India in the September-October period this year. India will be the first market to get the second generation i20.

Read more: 2015 Hyundai i20's rear disc brake and LED taillights spied

Attachments

350Z

Core Team

There's some fresh news coming from Motor.Vikatan.com. Hyundai has stopped the production of i20. New i20 is likely to be called Grand i20. Launch due in September.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom