New Hyundai Grand i10: Exhaustive Launch Coverage (Page 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
diesel hatchback within 6 lakhs otr

Dear Members,

I have been closely following the hype about the Hyundai grand i10 and considering that my daily running will be around 35 kms if not more in delhi/ncr,diesel seems to be a good option.

Does the running justify a diesel?if yes should I consider the figo as well?

Be

Lawyeronwheelz

350Z

Core Team
Re: diesel hatchback within 6 lakhs otr

I have been closely following the hype about the Hyundai grand i10 and considering that my daily running will be around 35 kms if not more in delhi/ncr,diesel seems to be a good option. Does the running justify a diesel?if yes should I consider the figo as well?
You can also equally consider a petrol car. This link has full information (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-definitive-petrol-v-s-diesel-calculator.html). Anyways the launch is now only a week away.

Hyundai_i10_Grand.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: New Hyundai i10 Grand: Launching on September 3rd (Pics on Page 3)

Hyundai dealers unofficially commence booking for the Grand i10?

The Hyundai Grand i10 has created enough hype around it, while still playing the card close to its chest. While we have official images of the car, no information on the variants and prices are out yet. But various dealers have unofficially started accepting bookings for the Grand i10 with the belief of delivering the car within few days of the launch.

Our enquires have revealed that for an amount of Rs 5,000 one can pre book a Grand i10, but presently under the name of the i10. Post launch, the existing booking will be transferred to the desired Grand i10 variant. The dealers have opted for this deviated route as the variants or prices are not revealed yet. It seems dealers are equally uninformed about the variant details and prices, not confirming anything but the basic info about the car.

The car will be positioned as an entry level diesel model in the company’s India line up, and will be powered by the familiar 1.2-litre Kappa petrol engine along with the new 1.1-litre three cylinder diesel motor speculated to produce roughly 75PS of power. The design language follows the fluidic philosophy and flaunts crisp features and lines. The trademark hexagonal grille, stretched headlamps and a new fog lamp-DRL cluster defines the refreshed facia. The sides are relatively toned down and are defined by a sole crease along the door handle. A rear lip spoiler and a new taillight cluster completes the external design of the Grand i10.

As the Grand i10 will be sandwiched between the i10 and the i20, we expect the car will be priced around the Rs 4.6 lakh mark. This will mean that there will be a considerable amount overlap within the Hyundai hatchback line up and possible buyers will be spoilt for choices. But then, it’s always to better to have more to pick from than few, when it comes to cars at least, and for this very reason, the Grand i10’s entry into the heated hatchback segment is expected to be a ‘grand’ one indeed.

Hyundai dealers unofficially commence booking for the Grand i10? - CarWale News

New interior shots of the upcoming Hyundai Grand i10 reveal features like climate control, push-button start and dual airbags among others.

These new spy shots reveal the upcoming Hyundai Grand i10’s interiors. As seen from the pictures, the cabin features dual-tone interiors, circular air-con vents, a dash-mounted gearbox similar to the one in the i10, climate control, dual airbags and an audio system with USB, aux-in and Bluetooth compatibility. The higher variants will get alloy wheels, chrome door handles, electric wing mirrors and keyless entry and go as well.

Attachments

The car looks as big as i20 only. Hope it does not cannibalize the CDRI i20.

Spied inside and out – Hyundai Grand i10 diesel to achieve 24kmpl?

The Hyundai Grand i10 is awaiting its launch which has been scheduled for September 3rd. Meanwhile, here is another set of spy images showing the uncamouflaged exteriors and interiors of Hyundai’s Swift competitor.

Powering the Grand i10 is the 1.2-liter Kappa2 petrol engine and a 1.1-liter 3-cylinder U2 diesel engine. It seems that the petrol motor would output 82bhp at 6,000rpm and 114Nm of torque at 4,000rpm (if these figures are true, Hyundai seems to have tuned the engine a bit maybe to account for the heavier weighing Grand i10 over the current i10).

The petrol engine will be available with a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic transmission. While the manual’s fuel efficiency is quoted at 18.9km/l, the automatic should be good for 16km/l at least.

The 1.1-diesel is believed to output 70.7bhp at 4,000rpm and 156Nm of torque between 1,500rpm and 2,750rpm. Hyundai could be targeting a fuel efficiency of 24km/l for the Grand i10 diesel.

The interiors of the Grand i10 would be offered in a dual-tone black and beige color combination. The music system that you see in the center console is capable of playing almost every possible format and supports Bluetooth as well. Controls for the stereo and the Bluetooth are placed on the steering wheel. Apart from this, it is also reported that an inbuilt storage of 1GB is on offer.

Hyundai Grand i10 diesel interiors spied, to achieve 24kmpl

Attachments

Attachments

Spied – Hyundai Grand i10 diesel

Hyundai Grand i10, the hatchback seems to have reached many dealer yards.The Grand i10 seen here is the nearly top-end ‘Sportz’ variant (Hyundai sells another variant above this called ‘Astra’) and underneath its hood lies Hyundai’s U2 diesel engine.

The U2 diesel is a 1.1-liter 3-cylinder unit (what it actually is, is the 3-cylinder version of the 1.4 CRDi 4-cylinder from the i20) with common rail technology. While Hyundai has not revealed the detailed specifications of the engine, it is believed that it would output 70.7bhp and 156Nm of torque. The diesel will be available only with a 5-speed manual transmission and Hyundai would be targeting a fuel efficiency of 24km/l.

The Grand i10 would also be available with the 1.2-liter Kappa2 petrol (also seen on the current i10 and the i20). The petrol would be offered with a 5-speed manual and a 4-speed automatic transmission. A segment-first feature on the Grand i10 will be seen in the form of rear AC vents, while other features are expected to match the competition taking the form of the Maruti Swift mainly.

When the Grand i10 is launched on September 3rd, it would be positioned in between the current i10 and the i20. So expect the pricing to be likewise as well.

IAB reader spies the Hyundai Grand i10 diesel

Attachments

Some of the highlighted features in the Grand i10 can be:

Front fog lamps from Magna onwards
Smart key in Sportz, Asta and Asta (O)
Reverse parking sensors Sportz onwards
Dr+Pass Airbags and ABS in Asta(O)
Special Diamond Cut alloy wheels in Asta(O)
Music System Sportz onwards but Asta & Asta (O) get 1Gb internal memory
Steering wheel mounted audio controls only in Asta and Asta (O)
Cooled glovebox Sportz onwards
Push Button Start/Stop and Tilt steering Sportz onwards
Driver seat height adjuster in Asta and Asta (O)

Based on the reviews and specs, I am trying to understand what is USP of this car? What will be the selling point of this car? I understand some gizmos and diesel engine. But unless they launch it is in the price range of current i10 I am finding it hard to understand what is differentiating factor in the segment for this car. We have proven diesel engine based hatch backs in the segment. Also petrol engines are same as i10. Price will be the key to even cross 5k or 6K numbers per month.

Based on the reviews and specs, I am trying to understand what is USP of this car? What will be the selling point of this car? I understand some gizmos and diesel engine. But unless they launch it is in the price range of current i10 I am finding it hard to understand what is differentiating factor in the segment for this car. We have proven diesel engine based hatch backs in the segment. Also petrol engines are same as i10. Price will be the key to even cross 5k or 6K numbers per month.
Exactly. I completely agree with you.

Considering the expected price in around of 5.80 Lakhs Plus its length 3765 MM and 3 cylinder diesel engine, I don't think the diesel version of Grand i10 is going to be hit. 'Coz it's rivals such as Figo, Liva, Swift, Indica, Vista, Vibe, Sail U-VA etc are better cars with more space and with more powerful engines than Grand i10. But let's see as the official launching is on tomorrow.

350Z

Core Team

Hyundai i10 Grand debuts tomorrow. We’ll be at the ground zero, as usual, to bring a comprehensive coverage. Keep refreshing this page from 11:30 AM onward.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hyundai Grand i10 - Eagerly Waiting!!!

Hello All,

How about a topic about Hyundai Grand i10!!!
Anybody eagerly waiting for it??? Today is its release for the INDIA!! I hope it would be priced properly.[confused]

Regards,
Tadaaaaaaaaaa!!![clap]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom