New Hyundai Grand i10: Exhaustive Launch Coverage (Page 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hyundai Testing Next Generation i10 in India

^^
you brought a car based on what it offer it to you today.. Why would you worry about new launches, updates. This will go on...
BTW if you worrying about spare after the model is discontinued, let be assure that by law any car manufacturer has to provide atleast 6 (or 8?) yrs of supports from date of discontinuation.
Exactly! I've bought the current model as the company placed it in the market. It is the sole responsibility of the manufacturer to provide sufficient services to their customer. Thanks for your response.

Thread Starter #17
Hyundai i10 prototype first drive review

The original Hyundai i10 was about as successful as any city car could hope to be.

Hyundai was already improving on its reputation for producing bottom-end ‘value’ offerings before the i10 was launched, but, thanks in part to a bit of economic collusion between industry and government, the five-door jelly bean was the hit single the Korean brand needed to properly force its way into buyers' consciousness.

While the i10 took full advantage of the unique circumstances created by the scrappage scheme, it’s worth remembering that it was already a six sailing high over the boundary before the Alastair Darling put a gust of wind behind it. Cheap, cheerful, spacious and robust would likely have been enough, but the car was also fun to drive, earning it (among other things) the accolade of being Autocar’s 2008 car of the year.

Given its critical and commercial success, the new i10 could probably have been triumphantly copied and pasted onto the market if Volkswagen hadn’t spent the past 18 months subtly changing the game. The VW Up, with its quality, refinement and comfort, showed the segment how easily a tiny urban runaround might be made to turn the heads of high-spending downsizers.

Hyundai may not like to name it specifically as a benchmark, but during an early preview of the new car (being cold weather quality tested in north Sweden), only one rival model was referenced by the engineers.

Thus the i10 moving slowly through the final stages of its development is considered by its makers to be a ‘more grown-up’ version of the UK bestseller. Beneath the camouflaging and familiar upright profile, the model has grown slightly at the wheelbase and track courtesy of a modified platform. But what Hyundai is really referring to is an open assault on the kit levels expected of a city car.

Cruise control, a multi-function steering wheel, all-round electric windows, switchable ESP, keyless entry, push button start, climate control and even a heated steering wheel were all included on the test mule Autocar drove two months ago. Although undoubtedly spec-heavy for assessment purposes, it seems certain that Hyundai’s strategy for offering considerably more for much the same money will continue aboard the new i10.

What is it like?
As we were confined to a frozen-over lake and a quarter-mile stint along a straight road, sweeping statements about the supermini’s dynamic abilities would be unwise, but it’s probably fair to say that i10 buyers can expect much the same experience as before, which is to say very good, with perhaps a hint of the extra maturity Hyundai seems keen to add.

As before you sit rather upright, although not conspicuously high; the steering is light and springy, but emphatically well connected to the front wheels. The gearbox is dainty, about right in throw and easy to deploy, while the pedals are appropriately spaced and, as before, the compromise between the requirements of ride and handling seems remarkably well selected.

There is still an obvious keenness to the way the i10 drives, aided by the responsiveness and first-rate refinement of test mule’s 1.2-litre engine. The four-pot is a carryover from the present-generation car (as the rest of the line-up will be, including, potentially, the three-cylinder diesel engine not currently sold in the UK), although significant gains are expected in terms of efficiency and running costs.

In short, even so obviously shorn of its natural backdrop on Swedish snow, the model feels every bit the usable city car. In the back, it seems better still. Packaging was always a strength, and with a bit of extra space to play with, rear occupants (even in adult sizes) are admirably well catered for. Though it could not be photographed, glimpses beneath the internal disguise reveal an all-new dashboard design heavily influenced by the architecture employed in range siblings like the i40.

Studded with improved equipment, the new surroundings (and their comparative hush) are obviously intended to haul the i10 upmarket and into its direct rivals' reckoning. Just before our time was up in the car, Hyundai’s engineer made a point of showing off the bank of electric window controls on the driver’s door. The message was clear: no need to lean across in this car. For Hyundai, there’s no space for such compromise.

Should I buy one?
Obviously you can’t yet, but the early indications are that you’ll probably be thinking about it by the end of the year. The new i10 feels like less of a step forward than the Up simply because we are so well acquainted with it.

Nevertheless, as before, there’s so much here that seems right and correct and faithful to what a city car ought to be that it’s hard, even in premature form, not to plonk it straight into the same superior bracket.

The final verdict on the added value of all those extra buttons and functions will have to wait six months. For now it’s as much as we could have hoped for: a Hyundai i10, but better.

Hyundai i10 prototype Review | Autocar

Attachments

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Hyundai i10 prototype first drive review

Can't wait to see the real face of the car.

Cruise control? I highly doubt this to be present in india.

2013 Hyundai i10 spied on Mumbai-Pune Expressway

The 2013 Hyundai i10 has been spied testing near the Khalapur toll booth on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway . It is believed to be the same car that has been spotted outside Chennai on multiple occasions over the last few months and is most likely here to undergo the homologation process at the ARAI.
The 2013 Hyundai i10 (codenamed BA) is expected to make its global debut in October this year. It will be launched in India a short while later and will sit between the current i10 and i20 rather than replace the former. This also means that this could be the end of the road for the Santro, currently the only car from Hyundai’s original line up for India. The Accent may have been discontinued as the dealers have stopped accepting booking and in fact have cancelled a few due to lack of inventory.
From the spy pictures we can tell that it is bigger and longer than the current model and will now fully embrace the Korean automaker’s Fluidic design philosophy. The 2013 i10 is expected to continue with the same set of petrol engines and is also expected to get a new three-cylinder diesel mill. This mill will be manufactured at a new plant in Chennai and will mostly go on to power diesel variants of the i20.

The next generation i10 will be priced starting close to Rs 4.5 lakh, while the top-end variant diesel variant will be close to Rs 7 lakh.

2013 Hyundai i10 spied on Mumbai-Pune Expressway - CarWale News

Attachments

Spied – 2014 Hyundai i10 on test

Camouflaged test mules of the 2014 Hyundai i10 are increasingly becoming a common sight on Indian highways. So rigorous is the testing regime!

The test mule nn the Mumbai-Pune expressway shows off its roof and window lines.

Observe how the basic shape of the windows and roof are retained but they have grown in size. The front and the rear fascias are hidden but we can safely assume that they take their design cues from the ‘Fludic Sculpture’ Hyundai vehicles. Nevertheless the swelling in the rear fascia’s disguise is intriguing us.

To recap, the next gen Hyundai i10 will come with a diesel engine for the first time. The 1.1 litre three cylinder oil burner which is currently employed by the UK spec i20 is the engine in question. It develops 75 bhp in the i20 which is at par with the competition. The 1.2 litre Kappa petrol engine of the current i10 will play on in the next i10 with improvements in power and efficiency.

The 2014 Hyundai i10 is expected to be unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September shortly after which series production would commence in Izmit, Turkey and Chennai, India.

2014 Hyundai i10 caught testing by an IAB reader

Attachments

The car looks as big as Swift or Micra. I doubt it would sit in i10 segment or i20 segment ?

2014 Hyundai i10 could launch in India by August

The 2014 Hyundai i10 would be launched in India after its global debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September this year. The i10 sells pretty well throughout Europe and hence it would have been plausible to see a global unveiling before the start of sales.

The i10 could be launched in India as early as August and the car would have a new name and would be positioned between the i10 and the i20.

We’ve already told you that Hyundai is planning an India specific version of the new i10 in which the rear doors and windows are different from it’s European counterpart. And we know that for Europe, Hyundai will retain the ‘i10′ badging.
The new Hyundai would preview the all new 1.1-liter CRDi diesel engine. From the size of the car and the engine, it is obvious that Hyundai is aiming to compete with the Chevrolet Beat diesel, the current lightweight diesel champion of India (in terms of cost and displacement).

When the new i10 goes on sale, Hyundai India would have done something no brand has ever done before – Sell three generations of the same car simultaneously (Santro, i10 and the new i10).

2014 Hyundai i10 to be launched in India by August

The i10 could be launched in India as early as August and the car would have a new name and would be positioned between the i10 and the i20.

We’ve already told you that Hyundai is planning an India specific version of the new i10 in which the rear doors and windows are different from it’s European counterpart. And we know that for Europe, Hyundai will retain the ‘i10′ badging.
The new Hyundai would preview the all new 1.1-liter CRDi diesel engine. From the size of the car and the engine, it is obvious that Hyundai is aiming to compete with the Chevrolet Beat diesel, the current lightweight diesel champion of India (in terms of cost and displacement).
It would be wonderful have a diesel I10 as the car has set a benchmark for comfort and handling for a entry level hatchback. The only thing that has prevented I10 from becoming a raging hit was its mileage factor which I think Hyundai will rectify in the upcoming models. I know the Kappa2 engine is returning fantastic figures on the highway, while it is pathetic inside the city. But considering price bracket the I10 will be positioned, it will have to take on India's successful diesel hatchback "Swift" rather than the "Beat". Hope Hyundai gets it correct this time too and I have loved the handling & comforts of Hyundai cars and would love to have my next car too from the Hyundai family(though Honda is the front runner as of now[clap] )

When the new i10 goes on sale, Hyundai India would have done something no brand has ever done before – Sell three generations of the same car simultaneously (Santro, i10 and the new i10).
I think "Alto" holds the record for this with 800, Alto, Zen, Wagon-R, A-star. I may corrected if it is wrong.

Spied – Take a little peek into the 2014 Hyundai i10′s interior

The 2014 Hyundai i10 continues its testing in India.As you can see, the i10 prototype has not shed any of its camouflage, even though a global debut has been scheduled for September 10th at the Frankfurt Motor Show.

For India, the new i10 is likely to get a different name. Sources close to the development of the project inform us that there could be a new name altogether for this car. Hyundai India will position the new i10 above the existing i10 in its lineup and both models will continue sales together.

You can get a little peek at the silver accents and the music system of the new i10 in one of these images. If the interior quality and finesse of the current i10 is anything to go by, expect the new i10 to feel plusher and more premium, bettering its biggest rival, the Maruti Swift.

As the D-day for the i10′s unveiling nears, expect to see more of the new small car in the coming days.

2014 Hyundai i10 interior spied in India

Attachments

Hyundai has shown its next car for the Indian market,to select mediahouses in Hyderabad and yes it gets a 1.1 litre diesel mill.Autocar India has tested the next car from Hyundai,to slot in between i10 and i15.The car is called,wait for it,"GRAND I10".Looks like Hyundai is taking lessons in naming its products, from its Korean neighbour,Samsung:biggrin:.What is cool is that this car is loaded with features which are a segment first like a rear aircon vent!
Review Link-
Hyundai Grand i10 test drive and review | Review | Autocar India
Video Review link-
All New Hyundai Grand i10 first look video | Video | Autocar India

Attachments

Last edited:

Hyundai Grand i10 Launch on September 3 in India- Official

South Korean auto major Hyundai that has revealed the Grand i10, has now officially confirmed the launch of the vehicle on September 3rd in India, which means that even before its global debut at the 12th Frankfurt Motor Show, India will witness its launch here.

To be positioned between the existing i10 and the i20, Grand i10 will be introduced both in the petrol as well as diesel version, which is missing in the current i10. The Grand i10 will come up with several exciting features including Rear AC vents, which will be the first in class. Other features offered in the car are electric ORVMs, height adjustable driver's seat, reversing camera and few more. The car is likely to have some advanced safety features as well including ABS and airbags. The Grand i10 also has a longer wheelbase than the regular i10, so it is more spacious too.

The engine options to be offered in the car are 1.1-litre U2 Diesel and 1.2-litre Kappa petrol, while the former will be new to India, the later is the same that also powers the existing i10 and i20. Since the car will sit between the i1 and the i20, we are expecting it to be priced somewhere around Rs 4.5-5 lakh to rival Maruti Suzuki Swift, Etios live and likes.

Hyundai Grand i10 Launch on September 3 in India- Official | CarDekho.com

i have booked honda brio in last month

should i wait for grand i10 or should i go on with honda brio

7lakhs on road is the maximum budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom