New Hyundai Grand i10: Exhaustive Launch Coverage (Page 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
reading the above comments , it seems there will be more and more allhyundaicars [:D] :stupid:
the car looks good but the plastic quality around the ac vents seems like santro's , looking ugly.

anyways let's see how good will this car do.

So space wise, has the i10 Grand gained over i10 in terms of rear seat legroom ? I see it has gained a bit in the boot space ?

Also secretly wishing that it takes some of Ecosport bookings away. At least someone who has booked Ambient/Trend models and having a long wait period may be tempted by the feature list of the Asta variants [evil] due to

- Safety features ABS+dual Airbags
- Usability features : start/stop button, smartkey, rear a/c, cooled glove box, CD/MP3 player

Perhaps that's why Ford pushed out a lot of Ambient/Trend deliveries as it sees not much competition yet from rivals to it's in higher variants.

Bopanna-It has certainly gained on the legroom.
Best part is,the rear seating vent does not obstruct middle passengers comfort.

Any comments on the Diesel engine?? and Steering?

This is one Impressive car.Interior looks plush,rear ac vents i guess is a new thing in this segment,overall exterior with roof rails also adds to its look.Loved the white backlit instrument cluster too.[clap]

To me grand i10 gathers a mixed review:
External looks - both front and back are quite rude and do not match with their omnipresent fluidic design.. it looks boxy to me, with a desperate attempt to bring some fluidity

Internal looks : Dash doesnt look as good as i20, but better than i10. the AC vent for back seats is a good welcome.

Need a TD myself to comment more here, but what impresses me most is the competitive pricing. It definitely has a capability to eat a small share of diesel hatchbacks away from maruti and may be micra/liva

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 Makes Global Premiere in India

Looks like a very good package & will surely heat up competition in entry-level diesel hatch segment. But IMO, close to 7L for a hatch (whatever features it might have) is on higher side.

I am a big fan of Hyundai cars for the value for money they offer & have owned three Hyundai cars in the past (Accent DLS - 2002 to 2004; Sonata 3.3V6 - 2007 to 2008 (US); Verna - 2008 to 2013). But they are trying to re-position themselves world-wide, which could be reason for premium pricing in recent times. [thumbsdown]

Yesterday i just went and had a look at grand i10 & i must say that the first impressions are very much impresive. This car has grown by leaps and bounds from the previous model.
It looks good, has very good space on inside, has new age interiors with all the bells and whistles.
It is a perfect choice for city car where these days it is very conjusted to drive and park where bigger car fails i think this car will pass that test as people who buy this car will not get disappointed at all as it has that quality, features, practicality, economy & size which will prove perfect for city commute. And when you drive this car one will feel that they are not driving a normal small car but will feel like they are driving some segment higher car.
Now it is just a question of how it rides on road, if its diesel engine is quite good in city and hassle and stress free to drive in city and can deliver the economy figures than i think there is nothing going to stop this car. It will be a great success.

To me grand i10 gathers a mixed review:
External looks - both front and back are quite rude and do not match with their omnipresent fluidic design.. it looks boxy to me, with a desperate attempt to bring some fluidity

Internal looks : Dash doesnt look as good as i20, but better than i10. the AC vent for back seats is a good welcome.
I agree here, it is a mixed bag but before proceeding let me congratulate 350Z for great coverage of the launch [clap].
To be frank the exteriors of this car didn't convince me either. It is something between i10 and i20 the result is a boxy car with confused rear and front, side profile is still okay. But anyway looks are subjective. On the equipment front I am not sure of the ABS thing if ABS is a standard across all variants then kudos to Hyundai and other manufacturers please learn from Hyundai.

Interiors of the car are good as is the case with most Hyundai's now it all comes down to the drive-ability of the vehicle, I am certain that the steering will be a traditional lifeless Hyundai steering but I hope that the boat like handling is sorted out in this car.

Its something like the new swift. Newer ones design is an evolution and nothing extraordinary in it. But it sells in huge nos. Same will be for Grand i10 as well. Addition of diesel engine is iceing on the cake..

I have seen its pics, it impressed me very much! Some says that it is between the current i10 and i20. For me, I have bought the current i10 this year, it is not possible to go to the new one right now! I thought that Hyundai is now running to win the race in the Auto market....

Congratulations @nkonamme: feeling bad that you left the Ecosport club; but good that you have opted for a vehicle with equivalent safety features. Any testdrive report on the 3 pot diesel esp. comparing NVH levels, torque delivery ? How is the braking on wet Mangalore roads ?

After waiting 2 months for ecosport,cancelled it yesterday.

Grand i10 diesel is very practical and does well in all areas.

Build quality is good,not as good as ford or fiat though
Braking: really awesome,i can tell its better than ecosport
NVH: Hyundai has done a good job in controlling NVH,engine noise is hardly audible inside the cabin
Handling: believe me or not,its the best ever handling hyundai i have ever driven. Straight line stability is good and suspension is bit stiff compared to i20 or verna[clap]
Performance : Good low end and mid range,hardly need gear shifts in city.Grand can do 120 to 130 easily,then the power taps off

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom