New Hyundai Grand i10: Exhaustive Launch Coverage (Page 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nitin,

I don't think the sportz version has the height adjust feature. See the brochure I got from Hyundai site.

Hey venkythaniks, which car have you been driving so far?
Unless you are very much used to driving M800 or Alto or some very tall boys you'll not have challenge with the dash IMO and considering my height 5'8"

Does the sport version have steering height adjustment?
Parth,

I have driven Tata Indica for almost 4 years. So I guess it should be OK for me then?

yes, you wont be able to see the beginning of the front bonnet but its same with most of the new cars. but then with experience one gets used to the fact as to where your car ends from the front.

In sportz and the top variant they offer back parking censors ( sound only) which i think is a good add on since the rear view is not that great either.
Thanks Nitin. Based on your comments, I guess it should be OK for me, as I am seriously considering the sportz version.

Also, I do have a question for Grand i10 owners. I heard from other reviews that fixing an after market ICE HU would be a problem in Grand i10. I am not sure what will people do if they buy Era or Magna version. Did you guys see any era or magna owners face this issue?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Nitin,

I don't think the sportz version has the height adjust feature. See the brochure I got from Hyundai site.
yes, but the steering is adjustable.

Thanks Nitin. Based on your comments, I guess it should be OK for me, as I am seriously considering the sportz version.

Also, I do have a question for Grand i10 owners. I heard from other reviews that fixing an after market ICE HU would be a problem in Grand i10. I am not sure what will people do if they buy Era or Magna version. Did you guys see any era or magna owners face this issue?
i found sportz to be value for money especially because it has rear parking censors, central locking which includes the boot - for a change you do not need to search for the lever to open the boot, rear ac vents, steering adjustment, keyless entry, turn indicators on ORVM's, alloys and 2 din audio system. For 40k more these addons are totally worth it.

Just compared European next gen i10 and Grand i10,following features are deleted from Grand i10
1)Auto AC
2)Adjustable front headrest
3)Flexible grab handles
Coming to exteriors ,European i10 is 100 mm shorter,but it has
1)15 inch wheels
2)Blackened B pillars
3)Honeycomb grill

i think hyundai will offer these features for Grand i10 facelift/refresh or for Grand i10 based compact sedan

they should have named this version as i15. i cant understand why keep the i10 name in an alltogether new car. maybe they want to keep the 8000 plus sales going for the i10 brand but they would have been better of by introducing this as a new car. maybe they also wanted to save on SRK's fees since he endorses i10 :eek:

Hyundai would have got more customers walk in to showroom if they have named it Hyundai Grand,but Grand I10 is next generation i10 in Europe,while in India they wanted to sell both versions and named it grand i10.
But hyundai will discontinue old i10 soon in india,1.2 kappa engine is already stopped.

Grand i10 name is justified because its bigger than its european version

350Z

Core Team
Hyundai has marked the milestone of producing 5th million car at its manufacturing unit near Chennai and it’s none other than the Grand i10.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. B.S. Seo, MD and CEO, HMIL expressed, The 5 Million Car Roll-Out is an important milestone and a symbol of Hyundai's long-term commitment to the Indian market. As we reach this significant landmark, I would thank our valuable customers, founding partners, employees, dealers and suppliers for their support and commitment. We will continue to focus our efforts in the Indian automobile industry through investments and world-class products.”

With the 5 Million Car Roll-Out, Hyundai also celebrates 15 years of excellence in India accompanied by their long term association with Shahrukh Khan. Hyundai and Shahrukh Khan’s association has been one of the longest brand ambassador associations in India.
Mr. B S Seo- MD & CEO Hyundai Motor India Ltd. & Mr. Shahrukh Khan- Brand Ambassador Hyundai Mot.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

The break pedal is too high to my liking. felt pain in my left toes 'coz of the high stance of the break pedal.
@Nitin, I am just trying to understand this statement. Only brake pedal is on high than other pedals ??
Is all the pedals are not inline ??
How your left toes get pain as I know that break pedal is operated by right leg in any car ?

@Nitin, I am just trying to understand this statement. Only brake pedal is on high than other pedals ??
Is all the pedals are not inline ??
How your left toes get pain as I know that break pedal is operated by right leg in any car ?
it should be read as left toes of right leg [evil]

i realized my folly but since i could not edit my post i did not bother about reporting it. but your eagle eyes spotted it. [lol]

i suggest you take a test drive and compare it with your ritz. For me i found the break pedal too high for my liking and clutch has to pressed way down.

I was looking for ARAI certified mileage figure for Grand i10 (petrol) but could not find it either in the Brochure or the website of Grand i10. The information regarding weight of this car as well as ground clearance were also not traceable there. Anybody aware of these figures?

Last edited:
During my Diwali vacation i visited Ultimate Hyundai and Charisma Hyundai in Chandigarh. Hyundai is planning to phase out 1.2L in i10 (sportz and asta) and offer only 1100cc engines in all i10.

Seems Hyundai intends to prevent cannibalization of sales visa-v i10 and i10 grand by creating more variations among specs with these 2 models. This was confirmed to me by their sales guy also.

If anyone does wish to buy the current i10, he should wait till December/new year and can expect some discounts/rate cuts on account of the downsizing of the engines and features.
Also it is possible that they increase Grand prices and maintain the current i10 prices. Lets see what strategy Hyundai adopts.

Nitin,
yes i have a Grand i10 magna petrol and i am facing this problem of unable to find a car acessories place in bangalore who can fix the ICE HU. whom ever i tried were enthusiastic for fixing it initially but as soon they saw the dash they warned won't be able to fix without visible scratch marks.

Has anyone fixed HU ? how about hyundai dealers, will they have any better way to access the back of the HU slot on dash without poking the dash with sharp things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom