New Hyundai Elantra SX | 3rd Service Update | 13,500 Kms: Ownership Review

deville_56

Honoured Member
Can you guys please help. I roamed for an hour for elantra's recommended engine oil but couldn't get it in 4 liter pack.
Please check this page and recommend me the engine oil for the car.
Engine-Oil - Vehicles| Hyundai Motor India

Closest I got was this
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-engine_oil_5w30_hyd_3l_hx6_ah-51997960/

But as I said before it only comes in 3 liter pack
Shell HX8 full synthetic is available in 4 L, which is API-SN, better than and reverse compatible with API-SM. The same is available as Synthetic option at Hyundai and Ford.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #258

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Thanks @vijesh_360 and @deville_56 , this seems like the best option. Actually one shop showed me this but the manufacturing was 07/2018. So didn't buy.
Is shell oil available at petrol pumps ? Like servo is available at Indian oil.

@Suryaputhra - reviews look good but it's too expensive for my running. Car covers around 6-7k kms per year so it's better to change the engine oil twice for the same amount.
Plus I don't have good experience with new brands. I once used wurth coolant and this happened
Verna Fluidic Coolant \ Radiator Leakage Problem !

The thermostat gave up after adding this.

Thread Starter #262

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@Suryaputhra - yes I got to know it's not good after adding it [lol]
If I am not able to find shell I think Castrol magnetic is similar and right for the Elantra. Right ?
Castrol MAGNATEC Stop-Start 5W-30 Full Synthetic Engine Oil for Petrol, Diesel and CNG Cars (3.5L) (3416662) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00PMZVZJS/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_RXDBN6R1JZ1HNDB5WB48
I will buy 500ml separately.
Yes, Castrol MAGNATEC Stop-Start 5W-30 Full Synthetic Engine Oil for Petrol, Diesel is excellent, in fact it is better than Shell.

Can you guys please help. I roamed for an hour for elantra's recommended engine oil but couldn't get it in 4 liter pack.
Please check this page and recommend me the engine oil for the car.
Engine-Oil - Vehicles| Hyundai Motor India

Closest I got was this
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-engine_oil_5w30_hyd_3l_hx6_ah-51997960/

But as I said before it only comes in 3 liter pack
I’m using amsoil signature series 5w30 on my i20 since the past few oil changes and found it much better with smoothness and lowered consumption also lasts longer the previous change I had to postpone cause of the pandemic and overshot by a few thousand km, the dealer said the oil could’ve gone more km but always good to change on time

Thread Starter #265

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@Suryaputhra and @nickandre - I can consider amsoil for my brezza after 2 services. Since running is high and I am waiting for the warranty to get over.

Another question , I was reading @deville_56 thread and he mentioned balancing weights used in his car.
I haven't done balancing even once in my Elantra(28k kms) or even the brezza(44k kms) I have used both the cars in triple digit speeds and not once the cars have vibrated.
I used to do balancing every 5k kms in my i10 and the santro[roll]
Is it because the tyre size is 16" I don't feel the need to get it balanced ?
And now I remember I have done wheel alignment only once in Elantra and never in the brezza and there's no uneven tread wear. The MRFs wanderer in the brezza will last atleast 15k kms against all odds. Even the relative who owns the tyre shop said for some reason tyre wear is slower in the brezza.
I changed my Verma's MRF ZVTV at 35k kms.

deville_56

Honoured Member
@Suryaputhra and @nickandre
Another question , I was reading @deville_56 thread and he mentioned balancing weights used in his car.
I haven't done balancing even once in my Elantra(28k kms) or even the brezza(44k kms) I have used both the cars in triple digit speeds and not once the cars have vibrated.
I used to do balancing every 5k kms in my i10 and the santro[roll]
Is it because the tyre size is 16" I don't feel the need to get it balanced ?
And now I remember I have done wheel alignment only once in Elantra and never in the brezza and there's no uneven tread wear. The MRFs wanderer in the brezza will last atleast 15k kms against all odds. Even the relative who owns the tyre shop said for some reason tyre wear is slower in the brezza.
I changed my Verma's MRF ZVTV at 35k kms.
I religiously do balancing every 10k km and not always needed weight. In case of the Fiesta, only one wheel needed that much insane amount of weight [lol]. Maybe that was the front LH wheel, which we tend to drop in potholes more than the rest of three. Fiesta also runs on 16 inchers, but comparatively low profile. Our EcoSport, which also runs on 16s came with similar weights on one of the wheels from factory. So, might not be the factor. AFAIK, manufacturing imperfections, physical impact/damage to tyre and wheel, puncture strips, flatspots, etc., are usual causes of imbalance. I tend to balance whenever I fix a hole or remove the wheel from rims. All just precautionary.

Checking alignment in between would be better as damage could be done before we could notice. Learnt it hard way. Front bush kit worn out in Indica eating up brand-new tyre in very little time before we spotted it. Belts exposed on the inner edge while chicken strips were still there in the outer edge.

SUV tyres tend to last longer as they are designed for the added weight and abuse. Wanderer on my friend's Duster lasted between 60 and 65k km.

The best thing you can do for your Brezza is switch over to Amsoil. Immediately you can feel difference. After warranty I switched to IDEMITSU ZEPRO with Advanced Molybdenum SAE 0W-20 Fully Synthetic Petrol and Diesel Engine Oil in my cars. One can not go back Shell and other companies after using these high performance oils. I keep two cans in stock if not readily available. Amsoil I tried in Dzire two times its performance is the same like IDEMITSU ZEPRO with Advanced Molybdenum SAE 0W-20 Fully Synthetic Petrol and Diesel Engine Oil. 0W30 not available in IDEMITSU ZEPRO with Advanced Molybdenum SAE 0W-20 Fully Synthetic Petrol and Diesel Engine Oil so suggested Amsoil.

Regarding balancing, If car not vibrating balancing in not required. If There is no uneven tread wear alignment not required. I have mentioned this in my many posts. Some of my cars 6+ years old not done balancing and alignment. I have posted long post on alignment in some thread. Our cars only Toe in and Toe out can be adjusted. That too +/- 1mm it is very difficult to adjust. Alignment people simply show on computer and adjust toe. Immediately if you take the car to another alignment center values are different.

Uneven tread wear is caused by Camber problem. Strut, lower arm, other components involve in the camber out of specs. After changing the above components still Camber is out of specs then its a major issue Chassis damage near strut mount or at many areas.

Side pulling is caused by Caster. Issues with above mentioned parts plus Rock and pinion and Drive shaft. If still not corrected after changing mentioned parts then its a major problem in Chassis.

Expect some Body on frame Suvs our cars only toe can be adjusted. Camber and caster cannot be adjusted. If car not showing side pull or uneven tread wear alignment not required.

Over the time slight side pull develops in some cars its is normal, our roads are slightly slant this causes the side pull. To take care of this issue. One should do tyre rotation once in six months or year depending on the usage of the car to minimize uneven tread wear caused by road surface and to take care of side pull. Yes MRF tyres can run long time without balancing. I have observed this.

Many times I have recommended our members not to do Alignment and Balancing unless there is a issue. But I always mention and suggest tyre rotation is must.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #268

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Thanks for your replies. Will do alignment and tyre rotation every 10k from now on.

Got Castrol fully synthetic 5w30, 3.5 liters for 2000rs. Guy didn't have 500ml pack but it's available in my local car market.
IMG_20210903_201551.jpg

Got Castrol GTX 5w30 , 3.5 liters for my verna (takes 3.3 liters) for 1300rs.
IMG_20210903_201547.jpg

So here's a new query for you guys[clown]
Now I need to pay around 500rs for the extra 500ml pack for the Elantra.
I was thinking to get two cans of Castrol fully synthetic for 4000rs(right now I am paying around 3800rs) so a total of 7 liters but I needed a total of 7.3 liters.
Is it advisable to pour around 100-200ml less engine oil ? (Around 3.1 liters in the verna and 3.9 liters in the Elantra) It's a strict no for diesel but I was curious about petrol engine. Since some oil gets left behind. Shop owner opposed this idea so needed your thoughts.

Ps : ordered ac filter (hyundai OEM costs 1400rs) and oil filter from boodmo. Air filter gets delivered in 14 days from the website. Will try to source from the local car market else will get the filter cleaned for the time being and order online.
Screenshot_20210903-195712~2.jpg

The hyundai shop at kashmeri gate didn't have any parts available for the elantra[confused]

Last edited:

deville_56

Honoured Member
Thanks for your replies. Will do alignment and tyre rotation every 10k from now on.

Got Castrol fully synthetic 5w30, 3.5 liters for 2000rs. Guy didn't have 500ml pack but it's available in my local car market.
View attachment 289053
Got Castrol GTX 5w30 , 3.5 liters for my verna (takes 3.3 liters) for 1300rs.
View attachment 289052

So here's a new query for you guys[clown]
Now I need to pay around 500rs for the extra 500ml pack for the Elantra.
I was thinking to get two cans of Castrol fully synthetic for 4000rs(right now I am paying around 3800rs) so a total of 7 liters but I needed a total of 7.3 liters.
Is it advisable to pour around 100-200ml less engine oil ? (Around 3.1 liters in the verna and 3.9 liters in the Elantra) It's a strict no for diesel but I was curious about petrol engine. Since some oil gets left behind. Shop owner opposed this idea so needed your thoughts.

Ps : ordered ac filter (hyundai OEM costs 1400rs) and oil filter from boodmo. Air filter gets delivered in 14 days from the website. Will try to source from the local car market else will get the filter cleaned for the time being and order online.
View attachment 289051

The hyundai shop at kashmeri gate didn't have any parts available for the elantra[confused]
Running a bit low won't be an issue as long as it is between min and max on the dip stick, but as odo climbs, the level slowly falls below min mark. By getting an extra 1 L bottle, 400 mL can be used now and 400 at next change and 200 available as buffer.
(Experts won't recommend mixing two different oils, but I won't mind mixing).

Top Bottom