New Hyundai Elantra SX | 3rd Service Update | 13,500 Kms: Ownership Review

deville_56

Honoured Member
@deville - plasti dip will be an expensive option. And I don't even know or heard anyone doing it in delhi.

@vishnu- 3m has a good fragnant polish so it smells really good [:)] and true what you said.
Not that expensive. Original PlastiDip is listed 2-3k per can listed on various sites, but the actual price was around 950 MRP in 2013-15 era. Should cost less than Amazon prices if sourced from the original dealers. (Costs less than $10 if someone can send it through). There is Rust-Oleum Automotive Peel Coat, which is around 800-900 per can. DIY sprayable. Mask and spray. Peel off if not satisfactory or change in mind later. Seen many other less known brands at various accessory shops.

Thread Starter #228

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@deville_56 - will look out for some dealers for the plasti dip.

The warranty , exhaust issue feel like a never ending task.
PUC got expired and it failed the test when I went Today to get it renewed.
Reason - exhaust leakage. There's no way a petrol car will fail test which is maintained properly.

It's been over a month and I paid 10k for the 5th year warranty 5 days back and they still haven't updated the warranty. When I ask the guy he just says have sent an email to HMIL. That's it.

I sent the failed pollution certificate to the guy handling the matter and clearly told him if I get challaned your service centre will have to pay the challan and if something like this indeed happen I will make sure they pay.

So the process will be something like this. First they will give me the warranty certificate , only after that they will order the part which will take god knows how much time.

IMG_20201018_105222~2.jpg

Thread Starter #229

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Took the car out after so many days, why did I [sad] a stone did this today morning.
I called windshield experts and they said it can't be repaired. Will still take the car to them and get it checked in person. Windshield change is not a problem , don't want to waste The garware sunfilm installed.
IMG_20201102_123921.jpg
IMG_20201102_123916.jpg

Warranty issue - service centre did the pollution test and gave me the passed certificate. Part is still on the way, maybe they mad le a fresh order of machines and making a new exhaust just for me[frustration] will update.

Thread Starter #232

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Completed a 1000 km trip last week. The windshield crack stayed the same so I hope there's no need to change the same in the future.
I also saw a sidewall cut on one of the rear tyres , will get it checked.
Now the clutch has started juddering on slopes. Happens very rarely though. The same issue used to happen on my i10 and it constantly increased[frustration] now let's see what happens in the Elantra. Pathetic parts used by Hyundai.

Thread Starter #233

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
So this happened today morning [frustration]
Came back to see this.
IMG_20210314_200851.jpg
IMG_20210314_200848.jpg
IMG_20210314_200859.jpg
IMG_20210314_200855.jpg

I wonder how he knew that there was some money in the armrest storage space. Other than that nothing was stolen and there must have been only 300-400rs.
Sanitisers, wires , dash camera and even the dashboard storage space was intact. He just went for the armrest.

There are over 100 cars parked there in the morning(morning walk park) and I think thief assumed many people keep there phones in the car in that particular area ? [think]

Today I woke up late , went late and when I completed my walk only 2-3 cars were parked near my car.

Hyundai quoted me 8500 for this and 15 days waiting period[pig]
Will go to windshield experts tomorrow.

Thread Starter #235

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Cars are parked on the road besides the park and I thought dash camera will record since g sensor was activated but it didn't. I also read an option of parking mode which was turned off. Didn't know about this feature.

Got the only thing available for the car. Denson brand , costed me 3800rs from windshield experts.
IMG_20210317_105520.jpg

So this happened today morning [frustration]
Came back to see this.
I wonder how he knew that there was some money in the armrest storage space. Other than that nothing was stolen and there must have been only 300-400rs.
Sanitisers, wires , dash camera and even the dashboard storage space was intact. He just went for the armrest.

Hyundai quoted me 8500 for this and 15 days waiting period[pig]
Will go to windshield experts tomorrow.
Looks to be too many things happening with the Elantra. Which part of Delhi is this?.

Thread Starter #237

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I live close to delhi university and this is kamla Nehru ridge area.
Crime related to cars are very common in delhi.
I have seen many cars with their alloys stolen. Eg altroz , creta , seltos ,i20 etc.
Zoom cars parked in very good area like cannought place even had their tail lights stolen plus side mirrors.

Thread Starter #238

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Guys start your car if you haven't done so. I didn't drive the car for around a month and now the battery is dead.
The car started giving kut kut sound, lights were flickering, headlights and tail lamps(auto headlamp was turned on) were flickering and even after turning the headlight off , lights didn't die.
Remote stopped working , doors didn't lock , side mirror didn't auto fold.
Then after 30 seconds car locked on its own. Really weird symptoms in this car.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Electricity is really the lifeblood of Modern cars, Not fuel.
Low Voltage will cause all sorts of ghost problems in cars.

My Safari's Keyfob has also started acting up. I will need new batteries & Decent service after the Restrictions are lifted

Top Bottom