New Hyundai Elantra SX | 3rd Service Update | 13,500 Kms: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #31

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
re: New Hyundai Elantra SX Petrol,1 year and 8400 kms

Got the second tankful today.
Mileage of 10kmpl approx. Most of the kilometers were travelled on open roads(around 70%). Will have to check mileage in normal traffic conditions.
Screenshot_20170517-225056.png
IMG_20170517_225143.jpg

Also today parking was a tight squeeze. I thought the rear camera is not useful but it really is since it shows all the blind spots while reversing because of the wide angle lens. Really helpful.
IMG_20170517_225131.jpg

Got the second tankful today.
Mileage of 10kmpl approx. Most of the kilometers were travelled on open roads(around 70%). Will have to check mileage in normal traffic conditions.
View attachment 226153
View attachment 226154

Also today parking was a tight squeeze. I thought the rear camera is not useful but it really is since it shows all the blind spots while reversing because of the wide angle lens. Really helpful.
View attachment 226155
9.85 is decent for car of this size. How much off from MID figure this is?

Yes garware is a different brand but i read here on tai only that garware provides sunfilms to 3M.

The 3M CR70 costs 6000+rs just for the front. Ao a set of 3m for the front and side will easily breach 10k mark.
And the specifications are same as garware. I paid 4500rs in total (200rs discount) and yes this includes installation as well.
The rear window was finished with 2 pieces and he asked me if i could find the joint :p i couldn't.

Garware is VFM compared to 3m and if you want to install it ask your mearby shops for quotes. If they are higher come to model town, i will tell you the shop.
Thanks for the complete details. Looks worth the risk and as such we do not get stopped in Gurgaon.[evil]. But you never know. Will check out in Sikanderpur. Incase not able to locate it, will definitely come to Model town, after taking the details from you.

Thread Starter #34

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

@abhishek- MID was showing 11.3 kmpl at the time of refill. But it went upto 12.x kmpl when i was driving sedately on open roads. The fact that i get 11 kmpl on my verna , elantra's mileage is decent enough. But i haven't started taking the car to office yet (bad roads and moderate traffic)

@ karvel- i think the leftover film from the second roll should cover your car's sunroof also. But he doesn't stock icecool shield and have to pay advance upfront. If you decide to get it done from model town do a paytm transaction( if he agrees)

11.3 for 9.85 is pretty exaggerated. Accuracy comes to around 85%. Not sure what car companies are doing nowadays. Tiago and Swift mid figures are also quite exaggerated from my experience.

Thread Starter #36

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

It will take some time i think. In the beginning even my verna showed upto 14kmpl and it was returning 10-11 kmpl. But now the error is between .2-.5 units only.
So i think after covering more kilometers the mid would start giving close to real figures.

Thread Starter #40

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

@ krishna - are you sure ? I thought it could be a safety feature to avoid theft. Thanks for the information.

@ atul - i just checked the brochure and it didn't mention the arai figures. This is what i found on the Internet. Check reply number 31 for first tanful update.

Attachments

Thread Starter #41

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Forgot to update but i got a call from hyundai for the "15th Day Home Visit" to ask me about the experience or if there were any issues related to the car.
i was getting the sunfilms installed so asked them to come to the shop.
there were a total of 3 guys , 2 of them stood near the car and one of them came and congratulated me for the car and gave me a tissue box as a present. ( a corrugated tissue box( estimate value 40rs) , atleast give a leather tissue box to premium customers )
He started checking everything and i told him that i am having troubles slotting into reverse gear.
i went inside the shop for 3-4 minutes and when i came back i saw him checking the gear. the Sunfilm installer told me that he already tried it like 20 times[frustration] and when i intervened he said everything's ok and asked me to get it checked at the first service.

my point - why do you come and check the car if everything's going to be done at the sc. i am using the car and i obviously will report the issue i faced at the service.

Anyways , yeah the reverse gear is giving me troubles. at times it will get stuck and after 2-3 seconds it will slot , otherwise i have to bring the gear to neural and try again.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #44

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Made a video today of the reverse gear.

https://youtu.be/RZ6Sq23n7PU

Another thing i wanted to ask.
I keep the headlights on auto setting. In evening as soon as i unlock the car, headlights turn on and i have to start the car with headlamps on. So will this put extra stress on the battery and maybe affect the battery's life ? Or is it again a grandpa thing to think of :p

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member

I think Headlights relays are cut off when keys are in Crank Position.
You can verify this if Headlights go off when cranking or they flicker. If they flicker its the bad thing.

Top Bottom