New Hyundai Elantra SX | 3rd Service Update | 13,500 Kms: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #271

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Will do what suryaputhra recommended [:)]
Anyways there's a dead rat in the car[cry] can't take the car for service , couldn't find the bloody thing anywhere. Must be inside the dashboard. Any ideas what to do ?

Thread Starter #272

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Got the car serviced today. Odo near 28xxx.
Engine oil Castrol 5w30 synthetic 4 liters - 2300rs
Oil filter - 200rs
Air filter and ac filter - have ordered from a shop.
The cabin filter I ordered from boodmo is half the height of original filter. I don't think height will matter , other dimensions are same.
Coolant was color less so drained it and poured 2 liters of coolant rest water(5.9 liter total) will check the coolant level again since only 2 liters of water went in.
IMG_20210909_160834.jpg

The level in the reservoir is a little above high mark but the mechanic said it will come down on its own ?

Relative who owns the tyre shop suggested me to take the car to his ac guy and glad that I did.
He first checked for the dead rat near the blower and then under the armrest. (Check the bite marks on the glove compartment) Took him just 20 minutes to open everything and there it was with all the junk. Socks , rubber bands paper , tissues and what not. Got it thoroughly cleaned and he charged 1000rs. (Hyundai advisor asked 8500rs to open the dashboard and 6500rs to check the floor carpets) Gave 100rs to the guy who took care of the rats and the maggots :vomit:
Got the car vacuumed and washed the mats.
IMG_20210909_160810.jpg
IMG_20210909_160807.jpg
IMG_20210909_160803.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #273

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Another day another problem.
Someone broke the rear windshield by a stone I think. Don't really know what reason he had to break the windshield.
IMG_20210913_151157.jpg
IMG_20210913_151144.jpg
IMG_20210913_151140.jpg

Gave the car to windshield experts. Unity Hyundai don't have any parts available readily and always say will take 10 days for the part to reach.

@allhyundaicars with both my Verna and i20 I always gave them my oil even in warranty they never fussed about it, one time a new advisor did I simply said this is stated in the manual, my oil exceeds these specifications as well as exceed the specification of oil used here which was api-sl or sm 15w40
Never had an engine issue or warranty issue

Thread Starter #275

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Car is used very less these days and after getting it serviced when I started the car some days back I heard a metal or some plastic thing hitting something. Noise was gone instantly but it was very coarse and it stopped with a similar low level sound.
Today I started and it started without any sound.
But it stopped with a different sound. Maybe the radiator fan ? Watch the last 5 seconds.
The first time the noise was different than this.

I checked the engine oil level it was half , maybe because I didn't check before starting the car.
Getting realy anxious. Should I get the car serviced again from the service center ?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #278

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Car's odo nearing 33k kms. Tyres have become noisy even on new roads. On further inspection saw huge cracks on the outside edges of each tyre. Old repaired puncture started leaking again and the shop owner said these are all dried out and changing tyres will be the only option.

I wanted to have yokohama blu earth but it's not in stock(205 60 r16)
Yokohama earth 1 is 7100rs per tyre.
Michelin is not easily available. Don't want to try another brand.
99% will go for earth 1 affer a month or so.

bhvm

Honoured Member
I can vouch for Yoko Earth 1. I have them on my i10. Comfy and relatively trrouble free.
My older bridgestones had cracked out the same way as your did. Dry Rot.

Thread Starter #280

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I have used around 8 set of tyres of Yoko earth 1 myself. I was thinking if these will be apt for a "premium" sedan or not[angel]
But I think there won't be a huge difference with silica tyres or maybe there is I am not sure that's why I asked.

Even I was planning to look into Continentals. But long term durability is still unknown for me. Here, in my place, Continental is gaining trend because, there is shortage of Yoko, Michelin. But most of my circle haven't used it up, or have started using only recently.
Yoko Blueearth is good (If you get for good deal).
I wanted tyre which previously I have experienced with, hence went with Bridgestone B250.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Here, in my place, Continental is gaining trend because, there is shortage of Yoko, Michelin.
Contis had their own reputation they gained over time. Since tyre import ban came into place, consumers like us were running for good tyres and thus they resurfaced. I think they have been in India since late 2000s.

Bought UC6 for Fiesta and Earth 1 for EcoSport as Continentals were not available. Earth 1 and S-Drive was available in most sizes.

Top Bottom