New Honda CR-V Pricing Starts from Rs.19.95 Lakh (More: Pg.3)

Re: Honda Begins Testing 2013 CR-V in India

The car looks so great only if Honda decide to launch it with a diesel motor.This was my first love,a genuine X-over,remember guys the tag lines of Honda for CR-V,"an SUV that drives like a sedan."But stupid Honda messed up this product first by hiking the prices to insane limits and then not offering it with diesel motor.[cry]

PS: WheN Mercs,Bimmers can sell their super exotic cars with diesel motor here in India then HONDA WHY CAN'T YOU.[frustration]

The ugliest looking rear that I can think of, baring the Actyon of course.

Somehow, i am loving this new gen. CRV. This version looks far more grown up compared to the puny stance of the current gen car.

You know, even a Mercedes owner thinks twice before spending penny. Probably that’s why he owns a Merc.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Haha, very true. [:D]

PS: WheN Mercs,Bimmers can sell their super exotic cars with diesel motor here in India then HONDA WHY CAN'T YOU.
Because they price it in range of Beemer. If CRV diesel goes for 25.5-26.5, why won't anyone buy BMW X1 for 27 ? [confused] Maybe CRV will have more goodies but Honda is not BMW. And though I like CR-V, I won't like to act as a guinea pig for first lot of diesel from Honda, infact, I am not sure about diesel engines from Japs & Koreans (Hyundai was helped by Daimler, parent co. of Merc for developing diesel engines). The reason we got Dzire is the engine is of Fiat. One of my friend has booked Dzire couple of weeks back even when he had info about diesel Honda Amaze, but by same logic above, he dropped the idea of Amaze.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #27

Honda India’s Jnaneswar Sen confirms all new Honda CR-V launch in February

Jnaneswar Sen, Senior vice-president, sales and marketing, Honda Cars India, has confirmed to IndianAutosBlog in an email that the all new CR-V will be launched in India in the month of February. And he also mentioned that it will be available in petrol variant only.

Read more: All new Honda CR-V launch in February; petrol model only

the all new CR-V will be launched in India in the month of February. And he also mentioned that it will be available in petrol variant only.
It may be offered free with Amaze then, if launched in petrol only. [lol]

It is for this reason why Hyundai Elantra became king of the segment in short time while Sonata failed.

Thread Starter #30

Honda to assemble new CR-V in India to keep price competitive

Japanese carmaker Honda plans to assemble its sport utility vehicle CR-V in India to benefit from lower taxes and keep the price tag competitive when the fourth generation CR-V is launched next month.

Honda Car India will bring the new SUV with 2.0 litre and 2.4 litre petrol engines options just like the old CR-V, which has already been discontinued, a trade official said.

The price of the new vehicle will be lower than its outgoing sibling that was available in the price band of 22.91 lakh to 25.15 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) and was imported directly from Japan, the person said.

The local assembly of the new CR-V will be done at Honda's Noida plant. Honda Car India did not confirm the CKD strategy, but confirmed that the new CR-V would hit the market in February.

"We will be launching the all-new fourth generation Honda CR-V next month in the Indian market. All the details of the new car will be shared at the time of the launch," a company spokeswoman said. Honda CR-V, which used to be the segment leader, has in recent years lost out to diesel-powered competition that include Mitsubishi Outlander, GM Captiva, Hyundai Santa Fe, Renault Koleos and Toyota Fortuner in the 18-25 lakh price band.

It will be a tough task for the new CR-V to catch up with market leader Toyota Fortuner. Priced 21.36 lakh to 22.93 lakh in Delhi, Fortuner runs on diesel, which is around 25% cheaper than petrol.

Analysts tracking the automotive sector say that fuel price plays a major role in the success as most SUV are guzzlers. "Given the current scenario there is hardly any petrol SUV model that charts any decent sales. The Fortuner or the BMW X1 or the Audi SUV that are currently the hot sellers all have diesel as the common median for their sales traction," said a Mumbai-based consultant working with a multinational.

Honda Car India has managed to sell only 186 CR-V in India in this fiscal. It stopped importing and retailing CR-V in September.

Honda to assemble new CR-V in India to keep price competitive - The Economic Times

Top Bottom