New Honda Activa - Candy Lucid Red

Thread Starter #1
I wont call this an review, just sharing few experiences.

Hello guys as you all know had booked an Activa on Dec 1 for my mom.

Which was discussed here in the below thread about various brands or competitors:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-activa-dlx-candy-lucid-red-2.html#post117309

I had dilemma ,which one to go for, having an Acitva already, thought to change the brand, but after trying various brands, i didn't feel other vehicles as good as Activa.

But decision panel was my Mom as the vehicle is meant for her, we tried Aviator too, the only difference it had was telescopic suspension as in bikes,and also ride quality was good.

But i had preferred activa, don't know why, as i hated the looks of Aviator though a good product lacks in styling.

TVS Wego was already there in family so it was ruled out, though a good competitor for Activa.

Again i preferred Activa over Wego in performance wise.

In Wego i felt after 40 kmph the vehicle doesn't feel it has juice left in it.

Though on straight road it might go well.

Where as Activa in the same speed feels more refined and hardly you feel you are doing 50 kmph in New activa, which 40 kmph in my old Activa feels like i am speeding.

Well though its not mentioned in Manual, i am not revving the engine and gradually accelerating, and have thought not to cross 40 kmph for the 1 st 750 kms.
As that is the 1st due date for service or 1 month whichever is earlier.

Also like the Combi braking of Activa , which can help in over come skid in an emergency braking.

Well will post some pics, from the dealer stock yard.

Basavangudi Dodda(Big)Ganesha Temple
IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg
Weird color
IMG_0309.jpg

More about dealership experience tomorrow.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Honda Activa-Candy Lucid Red..

Thanks AMG.

Hey guys ordered IND number plates for Activa & Hawk, it costs 650 for 2 wheeler.

For Hawk(4 Wheeler) its 950/-

Will be getting the board by evening.

And another confusion guys, in the above post in the last pic, there is front side guard for Activa, how is it looking.

I don't like it, but my dad is insisting to go for it.

Will get it fixed after mixed reaction in this thread, to me its a hindrance while cleaning.

Dealership Experience
Prior Booking: I had already discussed it here :http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ter-bought-honda-activa-dlx-2.html#post117309

At the time of Delivery:
At the time of delivery i was slightly disappointed, the cleaning boy ,cleaned the vehicle with the dirt cloth.

Which has left mark on those plastic black parts and was difficult to clean.

Later i washed it next day and gave a polish, myself.

The vehicle was delivered on the occasion needed, thanks to Baliga owner of Silicon Honda.

There are many instances that our other member (gears1313) had to wait so long after booking.

My allotment number was 910, but still i was alloted early.

Still vehicles having 850 allotment no is at the stockyard.

That too got the new vehicle from lot, manufactured in 5-12-11.

Some issues are the front box fitted has gap, inspite of changing 2 or 3 boxes, looks like there are issues in procuring that boxes , as the boy who was fitting couldn't do much after changing 3 boxes, End result still there is a gap which can be seen from right side.

When i went to collect Insurance papers and Engine Warranty booklet next day, the reception girls over there irked a lot.
They gave the tax receipt and said Insurance will be given tomorrow.

I said how can i drive the vehicle without Insurance, and demanded at least a covernote to take the vehicle out.

The matter was escalated to Manager, there the lady went to 1st floor, took print out of the Policy Document and there it was in my Hand.

Prior to this the same lady had said the policy has to come form Head office, I knew that policy would be instantly printed online, after she hearing this, i guess she might have thought that, i can't play with this guy.

The same lady had sent another owner saying tomorrow, but after i got the policy, even other owners got their policy instantly.

When all this happened, the other lady of Engine (Extended)warranty, understood and she herself printed the document and handed over the warranty booklet.

This shows that just to take print out from the 1st floor they were asking me to visit again.

But the absolute delight was vehicle was delivered on promised time.

But the bunch of folks try to play.

Last edited:
Re: Honda Activa-Candy Lucid Red

Nice buy for your Mom Mukesh! however I do not understand the reason behind these guys playing like this with the customers just to give 1 damn print out of the Policy? this is really surprising & disgusting as well. Hope the issue of the Box will be fixed as well

Congrats Mukesh, nice buy..
On a lighter note , if only u had gone for 'body balance' Wego i would have connected you with those Xylo drivers i met [;)]

Congrats Mukesh,it seems that you bought the Activa from the Honda factory itself..:biggrin:Why?Because its first time in my life I have seen such a large number of Activas parked together.

Any ways,which variant is yours,the one which has both brakes inter-connected(I think DLX we call it,the one in which if you apply the rear brake and front it applied itself,I mean the right side lever brakes both front and rear brake,have a look at your front wheel and you will find two brake wires for DLX one)or the one on which the brakes are not inter-connected?

How is the pickup and power delivery?Here it seems like the Activas run faster than even my TSI,because girls simply speed them up to 90 kph.

Congrats Mukesh,it seems that you bought the Activa from the Honda factory itself..:biggrin:Why?Because its first time in my life I have seen such a large number of Activas parked together.
Activa has more demand in Bangalore above access,so if you give the cash payment in full your vehicle will be delivered in a week,that's why they keep so much of vehicles in stock.

How is the pickup and power delivery?Here it seems like the Activas run faster than even my TSI,because girls simply speed them up to 90 kph.
Then swap your TSI for Activa know? you can let them down[:D](just joking)

Activa has smoothest engine when compared to others and that's the magic of Honda.

And Mukesh, IMO the front steel bar makes the vehicle too bling,it looks good as stock condition and as you said its very difficult to clean behind those bars .

Thread Starter #9
Mukesh bhai congrats, what is the price difference between Activa and Aviator?
Activa-53783/-
Aviator (Drum Brakes)-54941/-
Aviator (Disc brakes) -61919/-

Congrats Mukesh, nice buy..
On a lighter note , if only u had gone for 'body balance' Wego i would have connected you with those Xylo drivers i met [;)]
Ha ha Wego is there in the family...

Any ways,which variant is yours,the one which has both brakes inter-connected(I think DLX we call it,the one in which if you apply the rear brake and front it applied itself,I mean the right side lever brakes both front and rear brake,have a look at your front wheel and you will find two brake wires for DLX one)or the one on which the brakes are not inter-connected?

How is the pickup and power delivery?
The power is refined smooth, pickup is great in steep up with little effort.

The things you mentioned of brake in one word- Combi brakes.

Btw there came 20 brand New Activa's along with 3 red one's, out of which mine was 1.

Activa-53783/-
Aviator (Drum Brakes)-54941/-
Aviator (Disc brakes) -61919/-
I think there is a less expensive non-combi-brakes variant of Activa too.

The power is refined smooth, pickup is great in steep up with little effort.
Sometimes ridden the Activa but always scared while accelerating.Although the SILKEN PERFORMANCE of Activa is always praised.After all its the market leader.[clap]

The things you mentioned of brake in one word- Combi brakes.
Hahaha,I explained it a bit too long..:stupid:

Btw there came 20 brand New Activa's along with 3 red one's, out of which mine was 1.
Leaders always stand out from the crowd!!:biggrin:

Thread Starter #15
Well got fitted those embossed IND plates.

He said he cannot fit the board, which needs drilling, i told him to take a 3M tape, Voila the board was bent little to fit properly.
I didn't want to go with drilling machine on front.
The rear one got fitted with screw.

Some more...

Attachments

Top Bottom