New Gearless Scooter Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, good, you definitely need a new one now !! and

I suggest you to go for Discover than Pulsar !! which will be more suitable for you and has excellent pulling power with good FE. Pulsar's weight I don't like as in traffic in city, I felt like pulsar is carrying me or I am carrying the pulsar[clap]

+1 Visran, It is also the same in Hyderabad too and with almost all the dealers. They never care for customer at all[anger] and I have to live with them as I bought a Honda vehicle recently[cry]

It also looks to me that this is the story everywhere in the country !![surprise]
This is very true and I also reported to Honda Scooter website about one of the new service center in Bangalore. Their service quality is so poor and they do not even do all the task which has been mentioned on Job Card.There was some rattling sound issue in wife's activa. The service supervisor mentioned that it will be fixed under regular service. They didn't fix it and not even they put the battery for charging. If you ask them they will route you to different person. Somehow I got the mechanic name and he told that this sound cannot be fixed and we will not fix it as it is common issue.
I tool vehicle and visited a road side mechanic he fixed the rattling sound as well as removed a small dent also and charge just Rs100.

This is one of the incidence, other one is very funny. Activa met with some accident and service centre promised me to deliver it back on a particular day. On that I got call from them and they told that it will be delivered after 5 more days because bend has to be removed.I asked them what about other work and he bluntly told rest all is done. Somehow I was close to service center. Inside the service center only I called him and again asked what about other work and he repeated the same. I asked him come near to bike and once he came I blasted him and asked to deliver on the same day. Somehow they did but could not remove the bend 100%, again a local mechanic fixed in just RS20 using a hammer.

I always had pleasant experience at Hero Motor Corps for my ZMR service. They treat the customer very nicely and do all the task which you asked for.

BTW, among gearless scooter please consider Hero Maestro also one of the option, nice and fast moving model.

Thread Starter #49
Hi all yesterday i went to the Yamaha showroom to check out if there was anything new. i was really disappointed by the way they treated new customers, also the models that i looked ss125 and the SZR were not upto the mark.
talked with a few mechanics, most of them are discouraging me from Pulsar 150.
one of them said to buy the Std350 and get a modified seat and increase the height.

at last i went to my old mechanic, who has been servicing my bike from 2000 onwards, even when i worked in Trivandrum (150 kms from home) i used to bring the bike back whenever i needed service.
He carefully examined my requirements and finally said, "why don't you spend some money and try to make some modification to your bike? main issues are 1. the seat is very bad 2. front brakes". and save the money, since you are comfortable with the present ride.

is it possible to add disc brakes on the front wheel? i really don't know what to do.

Hi all yesterday i went to the Yamaha showroom to check out if there was anything new. i was really disappointed by the way they treated new customers, also the models that i looked ss125 and the SZR were not upto the mark.
talked with a few mechanics, most of them are discouraging me from Pulsar 150.
one of them said to buy the Std350 and get a modified seat and increase the height.

at last i went to my old mechanic, who has been servicing my bike from 2000 onwards, even when i worked in Trivandrum (150 kms from home) i used to bring the bike back whenever i needed service.
He carefully examined my requirements and finally said, "why don't you spend some money and try to make some modification to your bike? main issues are 1. the seat is very bad 2. front brakes". and save the money, since you are comfortable with the present ride.

is it possible to add disc brakes on the front wheel? i really don't know what to do.

I suggest, please cosider Karizma R as one of the option and if you like heavy look then can consider ZMR also. Karizma is a comfort bike and you love the ride quality. It's one of the best tourer.

Thread Starter #51
I suggest, please cosider Karizma R as one of the option and if you like heavy look then can consider ZMR also. Karizma is a comfort bike and you love the ride quality. It's one of the best tourer.
Thank you very much for the comment, but i have to consider my wife's comfort also. and she does have trouble in climbing taller bikes, Yes i do admire that the Karizma is a great bike, the tall rear end is proving to be difficult for my wife and daughter, that's one of the reasons i tried RE std 350. but that too was disappointing.

i love tall bikes and height does not matter but i have to consider her comfort also.

@Kannan,

Based on your requirements and height problems, Why don't you check CB Unicorn !! where seat is bit comfortable I hope

Thread Starter #53
@Kannan,

Based on your requirements and height problems, Why don't you check CB Unicorn !! where seat is bit comfortable I hope
Sorry gurrala, i did TD the Unicorn, also my friend has one so i rode it for some KM unfortunately it did give stress to my back, moreover my wife cannot climb on to the back seat[frustration]

Thread Starter #55
Then you can try for RE Classic 350 or ThunderBird. Both are low height and flat rear seats.
Thunderbird seats are not that much low. btw the high waiting period! 6-8 months, my friend has booked a Classic 350 in March, still on waiting list!

hmm Kannan,

You have almost rejected every bike by now, What I am left with to advise you[frustration],

I just got a wild idea, hmm no I can't say that here[;)] OK, have you checked the Bajaj boxer 150 ??

Thread Starter #57
hmm Kannan,

You have almost rejected every bike by now, What I am left with to advise you[frustration],

I just got a wild idea, hmm no I can't say that here[;)] OK, have you checked the Bajaj boxer 150 ??
ha ha ha, you got me. yes that would have been a good choice but my wife rejected it straightaway saying that it looks just our current bike.

you could understand my situation only when you have to buy something which suits both yourself and your spouse.
RE 350 Std was my first choice but she wouldn't listen to me.
the rest is history and you guys know it. now planning to use our current bike as long as it goes.

ha ha ha, you got me. yes that would have been a good choice but my wife rejected it straightaway saying that it looks just our current bike.

you could understand my situation only when you have to buy something which suits both yourself and your spouse.
RE 350 Std was my first choice but she wouldn't listen to me.
the rest is history and you guys know it. now planning to use our current bike as long as it goes.
hahahahhah, Kannan that was not the wild idea man !! the wild idea was you go and buy a bike which you like very much, then I will buy and gift you a small folding chair[lol][clap], hey I was just joking buddy, do not think in any other way

Kannan,have you checked hero motors mastero, same honda engine with hero body, new looks with digital meter,have a look at it and test drive it, its available as well and hero motors are better in treating customers then honda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom