New Gearless Scooter Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the same story with dealer's in Bangalore as well, Honda 2 wheeler showroom's are pathetic and their attitude is unbearable.
+1 Visran, It is also the same in Hyderabad too and with almost all the dealers. They never care for customer at all[anger] and I have to live with them as I bought a Honda vehicle recently[cry]

It also looks to me that this is the story everywhere in the country !![surprise]

Thread Starter #17
Dear friends,
i am in tight confusion. Should i sell / exchange my old bike? it has been in my fmaily from 1992 onwards (came to us from my cousin in 1994 Nov) i have been using it since 2000 and has covered more than 1 lakh KM. and i love it.
the troubles are
1. scarcity of spares (the front rim is CD100, headlight CD-DAWN, rear shocks passion)
2. i had to rebore the cylinder and use oversize piston because non-available factory kit
3. after the piston change, FE dropped to ~ 60KMPL (earlier i got 89KMPL)
4. riding solo i am very happy, but with my wife as pillion and with bag the control is not good

please advice, should i keep the bike and get another scooter, or do proper maintenance (a lot of minor works are there along with a paint job) and forget the idea of the scooter, or should i buy a scooter and keep the bike too?

please pour in your comments.

Last edited:
@Kannan

As per my experience with my bike splendor. All the repairs and re-boring will not helped very much and I sold it out on the account of poor FE and pick up when pillion is present !!

Even my sister had an horrible experience with Honda, she got the delivery after 4months of booking date i don't know why they took this much time.

My dad sold his old Hero honda cd 100 at that time and we also were in the confusion whether to buy another bike or moped bikes during that time moped were not successful so he end up in buying splendor.

Last edited:
If you are very attached towards your bike, i would say keep the bike buy a scooter and use the bike sparingly, If you don't mind parting with your old workhorse then sell it and pick up a scooter.

Thread Starter #21
Hi friends,
In my earlier post i mentioned about the bad experience in Honda showroom!
well, i made a little comment in the website feedback form. The receptionist from Purackal Honda, Kottayam called me and said that the TD vehicles were used in the service division, that's why no TD was offered. i then asked her the TD vehicles are to be kept at showroom, if not how can the customer take a TD? moreover you could have displayed a new vehicle or explained the features etc.
she then tried to put blame on others asking who was on duty at that time etc..

then i simply said, just improve show the customer a little curtsey, it can't hurt you.

really i felt very bad, i have made many comments on automotive company websites, this was the first time someone who is not a high level manager calling into to ask the matter. i told her that too, then she said she's been working there for 1.5 years and thought she could call and clear things up.

really i am fed up with the way Honda treats people.

now i have a question for Admins

can we start a section in TAI, for leaving feedback (+ or -) and comments on Service centres/show rooms, across the country?

some points
1. it must be fully searchable
2. when we add a new feedback we should have dropdown lists prompting us to enter state, district, company, dealer etc. (minimize the duplication), plus a provision to add new if not existing.
3. upon selecting the general statistics only should be displayed (no of +, no of -, etc only
4. if the viewer chooses details then all the details and comments made bu TAI'ans should be displayed
4. if i am not asking for too much, we could add an option to link already existing posts to the feedback too

Admins please consider this. We are customers, we are paying our hard earned money to these Corporate Giants, and we expect little bit Customer Care.

We could give much publicity to this portion of the website, so that anyone (not even members) can search regarding a particular dealer) and i believe that would certainly help TAI to grow. Also we could get a certain acknowledgement from the Manufactures/dealers also
Friends in response to the call, i dropped another mail to Honda, this time things got serious. i got a call from some official and was offered a TD. i told him that i have lost interest in Honda.
later told him that i sent that mail to Honda to improve Customer satisfaction. He said that they are planning to make changes (which i don't believe) and a full attitude makeover (they hope we believe that)
but he wants to close "my case". so i must write to the sales manager.
to get him off my back i promised to drop a line.

I don't know why these guys neglect us, i mean without customers how can a company survive? we are spending our hard-earned money here, so we should get some support. (customer is king (supposed to be))

now admins please check the bolded part in my quoted message
is it possible?

As per your needs, there are 3 choices from my view - TVS Wego & Suzuki Access or Swish. If considering mahindra, I would prefer the Duro over the Rodeo coz rodeo looks a bit puny!

Thread Starter #24
Did you decide on your new ride?
Actually i was very busy with audit work in office. Sometimes visit TAI to unwind for a few minutes.
Just saw your post., couldn't ignore it.

Well, to be frank i haven't. reasons
1. my wife does not know how to drive. to teach her in a new bike would be difficult.

2. looking for a used Kinetic-Honda (we can later use it to teach her sisters and keep it as an alternative bike at her home) trouble is that there are kinetics but without papers.

3. it has to be WEGO, as i rode one of the new activa yesterday and somehow the feel isn't that good.

4. yet somehow if she's not willing to drive then the scooter may be a burden, actually my plan was to go for a Bullet or Unicorn, then she suggested the scooter saying about the luggage etc. but now she is not interested in driving. even if we bought one i may have to take her everywhere! if that's the case, why buy a scooter in which i can't even sit properly. (my bike is OK, if i am riding solo). my plan was to get a scooter for her and let her drive wherever she wants.

5. i don't know how the scenario got changed. can't think properly till the current work is over (which i hope will be in this week[:)])

Verdict
if she drives 95% WEGO 5% Access (have to get a TD)
if not 75% Bullet(80% new / 20%used) 25% Unicorn (95% new/ 5% used)
kindly comment

Actually i was very busy with audit work in office. Sometimes visit TAI to unwind for a few minutes.
Just saw your post., couldn't ignore it.

Well, to be frank i haven't. reasons
1. my wife does not know how to drive. to teach her in a new bike would be difficult.

2. looking for a used Kinetic-Honda (we can later use it to teach her sisters and keep it as an alternative bike at her home) trouble is that there are kinetics but without papers.

3. it has to be WEGO, as i rode one of the new activa yesterday and somehow the feel isn't that good.

4. yet somehow if she's not willing to drive then the scooter may be a burden, actually my plan was to go for a Bullet or Unicorn, then she suggested the scooter saying about the luggage etc. but now she is not interested in driving. even if we bought one i may have to take her everywhere! if that's the case, why buy a scooter in which i can't even sit properly. (my bike is OK, if i am riding solo). my plan was to get a scooter for her and let her drive wherever she wants.

5. i don't know how the scenario got changed. can't think properly till the current work is over (which i hope will be in this week[:)])

Verdict
if she drives 95% WEGO 5% Access (have to get a TD)
if not 75% Bullet(80% new / 20%used) 25% Unicorn (95% new/ 5% used)
kindly comment
It looks your case is same like me[clap] I sold my bike for some reasons like these only and finally ended up buying a bike again where my wife was not interested to drive. OK my suggestion is

If it is a scooter, no doubt Wego leads, but anyway festivals are very near where Yamaha seems to be launching their Ray scooter, which looked to me very interesting thru' net pictures, so you can wait for a month see

IF bike what can beet Thunderbird !!

Thread Starter #26
It looks your case is same like me[clap] I sold my bike for some reasons like these only and finally ended up buying a bike again where my wife was not interested to drive. OK my suggestion is

If it is a scooter, no doubt Wego leads, but anyway festivals are very near where Yamaha seems to be launching their Ray scooter, which looked to me very interesting thru' net pictures, so you can wait for a month see

IF bike what can beet Thunderbird !!
Always happy to meet someone, who can feel the "feeling" because he has already gone through it.

That Yamaha part looks interesting. well it won't hurt to wait a little longer.

BTW i had my mind set on Standard 350, is Thunderbird has any advantage over it?

Always happy to meet someone, who can feel the "feeling" because he has already gone through it.

That Yamaha part looks interesting. well it won't hurt to wait a little longer.

BTW i had my mind set on Standard 350, is Thunderbird has any advantage over it?
It is subjective opinion kannan, that I like Thunderbird looks and handle !![:)]

Thread Starter #30
Friends after 2 months i am re-thinking about my decision.
till now was very busy with 2 conferences (1 international seminar and other national), so did not have much time to think.
recently as my car was in MASS i had to use my bike for a ~60 km trip(one side, both me and my wife).
the return journey was tough.
this made me re-think my plans.
dear all please consider the following and give some advice.

mods kindly change the title to "Alternate 2-wheeler - suggestions"

1. my wife plainly said that she won't drive
2. my current bike is 20 years old (if on solo it is very good, nice comfort, great FE, long seats)
3. looking for (if possible) flat seated bikes
4. i can't ride comfortable in Passion, Splendor, SlingShot, new yamaha models etc. (my legs get cramps)

i would like to know the maintenance /month of the new UCE Bullet Standard.(not interested in classic or thunder bird). i want to know this since i have bullet in my list and don't want to visit garage often (with my 4S i have enjoyed less visits to the garage)

How's Discover 150? i have used Bajaj for 20 years and i don't mind another one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom