New Gadgets for My Birthday - iPhone 4S 16GB and Nkon Coolpix S6100

Thread Starter #1
So guys i thought buying myself something for my birthday and as i love gadgets, i got a Iphone 4S and a Nikon Coolpix S6100 digital camera for myself. Got a good deal on the Camera so bought it.

Will share the pics and specifications tonight as i have to leave for my office due to an urgent meeting.

Thread Starter #2
Re: 2 New gadgets for my birthday - Iphone 4S 16gb and Nkon Coolpix S6100

So i was looking to upgrade/change my phone. My requirements were it should be Good looking, elegant, touch screen, should have double camera for video conferencing (optional), atleast 8gb of space (as i travel a lot so i keep a lot of songs and movies, videos), atleast 5 MP camera and push mail function.

Phones considered were: Iphone 4S, HTC HD 2 (android), HTC Vivid, HTC inspire, BB 9780, BB 9860, Samsung Galaxy S2.

I got the Iphone 4S and the reasons behind this was: Dual camera, 16gb internal memory, the best touchsreen ever ( i have used HTC, samsung, dell before this) and the performance is just awesome. the touchscreen is so awesome and easy to get used to. Siri very nice option and obviously it's APPLE. i checked all the phones but the moment i took the 4S in my hand i was like "this is it". I was using a iphone 4 before that and thought of getting something different but APPLE didn't let me do that:lol!:. I just love the User Interface of Iphone. "Simpy wonderful".

So here are the specs for the Iphone 4S:

Color: Black
Processor: ios 5 with Dual-core 1 GHZ cortex A9
Display: Retina Display with LED-backlit IPS TFT, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
640 x 960 pixels, 3.5 inches (~330 ppi pixel density) with Scratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating
Camera: (Back) 8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash with Touch focus, geo-tagging, face detection, HDR
: (Front) VGA, 480p@30fps
:Video Recording: HD (1080p) up to 30 frames per second with audio
Memory: 16gb
Data: GPRS, EDGE, WLAN (Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot), Bluetooth (v4.0 with A2DP), USB (v2.0)
Battery: Standard Battery, Li-Po 1432 mAh
Stand-by: Up to 200 h (2G) / Up to 200 h (3G)
Talk Time: Up to 14 h (2G) / Up to 8 h (3G)
Music: Up to 40 h
Misc:MicroSIM card support only
- Scratch-resistant glass back panel
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Siri natural language commands and dictation
- iCloud cloud service
- Twitter integration
- Google Maps
- Audio/video player and editor
- Image editor
- Voice command/dial
- TV-out

Items included in box: Iphone 4S (Black), Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic, Dock Connector to USB Cable, USB Power Adapter & manual

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3

I was looking to buy a good camera for me with a budget ranging from $200-$600 and last Friday I went out for shopping with my roommate as it was his birthday and mine is coming Monday. so i thought of getting a camera finally for myself.

As I have not much knowledge regarding cameras so my requirements were kind of simple: should be atleast 16 Mega pixels, not too big to carry, black or silver color, lcd screen, chargeable battery, with optical and digital zoom feature, good resolution, face detection , image stabilizer and HD movie option.

First I wanted to get a SLR but since I got the iphone 4S and paid $480 for it, I reduced my budget to $250 and decided to get a digital camera for now. Was not sure whether I would get all the things I need according to my requirements in that budget.I did had a list of cameras that I would look for and those were:
1. Canon - PowerShot ELPH 110 HS 16.1-Megapixel Digital Camera
2. Nikon - Coolpix S8200 Red 16.1-Megapixel Digital Camera
3. Sony - Cyber-shot DSC-HX7V 16.2 Megapixel Compact Camera
4. Nikon – Coolpix S6100 16.0 Megapixel Digital Camera

Out of these the Sony and Nikon S8200 scored a bit over the Nikon S6100 with high digital and optical zoom but I got the Nikon S6100 as I got a pretty nice deal on it. The actual price was $220 and since there was good discount of $100 at that time, I went for it and got it for $120. And also free offer for a 20 page photo book (in which I just have to send them 20 pictures online and they will send me the same in the photo book)

Camera: Nikon – Coolpix S6100
Color: Silver

Technical Specifications:16 megapixels with image resolution (Up to 4608 x 3456)
Optical Zoom: 7X & Digital Zoom: 4x
Lens Features: Zoom-NIKKOR glass lens
Lens Focal Length: 35mm equivalent 28-196mm
Shutter Speeds: ISO auto: 1/2000 - 1 sec.; 4 sec. fireworks scene mode
Flash Range: Normal: 1.7' - infinity (wide), 3.7' - infinity (telephoto); Macro: 3.6" – infinity
Self Timer: 10 sec or 2 sec.
Interface: USB 2.0
Video Outputs: HDMI|HDMI|HDMI|NTSC, PAL
File Formats: JPEG, H.264, MPEG-4, AVC, AAC stereo
Exposure Control: Programmed AE, exposure compensation (±2 EV in 1/3 steps)
White Balance: Auto, preset manual, daylight, incandescent, fluorescent, cloudy, flash
LCD: 3” Color TFT-LCD touch screen with a wide viewing angle, 460K pixels, antireflection coating and brightness adjustment
Misc: Image stabilizer, Face detection, Burst & Panorama Mode, Image Stitching, Text Overlay, HD Movie mode

What’s Included:- Nikon Coolpix S6100 16.0-Megapixel Digital Camera
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery (EN-EL12)
- AC adapter/charger
- Stylus for touch screen purpose
- Audio Video Cable EG-CP16
- Wrist strap, Nikon NX 2 software CD-ROM
- Owner's manual

congrats for new gadgets buddy and happy bday also. well post pics if possible!

congratulations on both possessions:
Take care and drive safe...

Congrats buddy , i also own a 4s 64gb white and one more thing i think the inbuilt camera of iphone 4s is so good that now i click all pics from my iPhone instead of digital camera.

Thread Starter #8
Thanks buddy, i know that phone is just awesome. I have used almost all the new phones from HTC, BB, Android but Iphone no match dude. Specially the touch screen. It's superb. And yes the camera quality is really nice and video quality is even far better than the camera.

So that reminds me something i really wanted to ask some one who owns an iphone back in India. Do you have any navigation application installed in your iphone? And if yes what is that application and does it work good?

Thread Starter #11
So just have a quick question? Anyone knows what is the best navigation application for iphone that i can use in India?

Top Bottom