New Ford Figo: Known Issues & Solutions

Ford New Figo 30,000 KM Experience

Hi All,

I have completed 30000 km in my new ford Figo. I have experienced very bad with head light as of now i changed 3 pairs of lights and wind shield will be covered with moisture in winter and when it rains it will be even worse. Engine pick up is very good and i enjoyed 100PS power. Gare system is not so exited when compare with hyundai .

very very bad experience with ford service every time. i have gone with new service center every time,bcoz of bad experience with them(Metro ford,Elite ford,Lathangi Ford). Ford response is very very bad at some point of time i thing i would have taken auto instead of ford and they service center is worse than auto garage.

Please suggest me the best service center,if you had a good experience.

Thanks,
Sekhar.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Ford New Figo 30,000 KM Experience

what was the issue with the headlights ?
what about the ford service issue ? my experience has been neutral with them.

any car's windshield will fog up if windows are closed and it's raining outside or in winter season. don't think this is an issue.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: Ford New Figo 30,000 KM Experience

I never found stock headlights of Any Indian cars Satisfactory in my entire driving experience (Not talking about Premium Germans or Matrix LED ones). Upgrade is required. Its not an ISSUE. its just poor spec design.

Last edited:
Well if all of you here have been complaining about mrf's i am here to let everyone know i got my Figo sports - with apollo and i too have the same issue. I have changed to Conti max contact after visiting and spending time with Ford ASS and with one of my friends alignment outlet. I Still have the same left pulling. I have updated things in All Hyundais thread, do not want to repeat everything here.

FordFigo - i had already emailed you and also commented on the video too. Just to know whats the update on your side.

Have you tried driving another figo? well the zoom figo i drove did not show any left pulling, and i thought the latest batch will be better and the sports coming with Bigger wheels would be better. My decision seems to be in a chaotic moment as well. I will be driving with these Conti to check whether there is any imporement, will update Soon!

I also need to update on this, the tires when swapped, the pulling was to the right and not left, friends and myself came to a conclusion that it could be the tires and i had changed them now. I would want to know for all of them who are having this left side pull, are they having alloy wheels, could it be the alloys that ford manufacture which is having the problem, if not the tires. If this pulling is not happening on the trend models or ambient, just the titanium ones and now sports - it could be that reason too if am right? Just a thought

Link to the thread - for left pulling ! http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...e-update-20-000-kms-ownership-review-149.html

Last edited:
Issue : Vehicle pulling only left at any road conditions at any given speed

This is about my New Gen Ford Figo purchased in November 2016

Please check this video before buying any vehicle from Ford

I went through several forums, checked many reviews, Spent more than 4 months discussing with everyone and finally decided to buy Ford figo since they had promising reviews

First impressions, power, mileage, look, service cost and many more when compared to any other competitors for budget below 10 Lakh

Excellent vehicle in papers but reality is shocking

Issue found just out of delivery is vehicle moving towards left at any given speed, Reported immediately

Ford tried servicing my vehicle from past 2 months, 5 services done, still with same issue

Vehicle works fine for some 50 to 100 kilometers then same problem again, vehicle keeps pulling from right corner to left corner on a 2 lane road within 5 seconds

Every time i get it from service center i get an answer saying it was a alignment problem They took 6 to 8 days on every service visit

After several escalations Ford Regional service manager came from Chennai, did a joint test drive, Proof is the video uploaded in YouTube

Please check the video and comment if the vehicle is normal or is there any abnormalities

As per RSM (Regional service manager) Mr Rajashekaran says that this vehicle doesn't have any abnormalities also confirmed that all ford figo does the same that means its should be a know issue, We all must have driven so many vehicles, Why is my vehicle moving only left then if it's normal

That means there's a manufacturing defect with these series of model as per his contradictory statement, if not ford is hiding from the fact that its faulty

Despite the fact that the vehicle is moving left which is very evident as per the video, Ford is trying to neglect my case by closing the complaints which was raised several times until now

By gods grace i managed to take this video with RSM so i can provide a valid proof to court

I get severe pain on my shoulder tilting the steering every second whenever i go for a long drive

Its never safe or comfort journey

Ford contradictory statement is that this is designed for safety and confirmed saying that Out of 10 test drive vehicles 9 vehicles got pulling issue so its a know issue when other vehicle goes straight on same roads

Several phone calls made, several visits done to service center and finally after 2 months i have been told by Ford that all new ford figo and Ford aspire vehicles will move left or right when the speed is below 60 kms but my vehicle moves only left even at 100 kms speed on any road conditions

I have reported this issue to ford india CEO Mr Anuragh via email but there is no serious action taken to give a permanent fix

I was shocked to know that my case was closed without giving resolution

Friends be aware before buying Ford vehicles, the company has cheated me and never be the next

I have already raised my concerns to court with all reports of several wheel alignments done and hopefully I'll get a solution

We should never leave ford to carry on selling they products if there is no proper service

If same is continued then i request media to get involved and our government to take strict action on ford

I request everyone to please share this videos on FB and Twitter so can save many others getting into trouble

Vehicle was purchased from cauvery ford opp binny mill magadi Road bangalore

Authorized persons spoken to me until now from the time of sales
Ranjith, prasad, sachin, chaitra, Sudhakar, Suresh, Jagannath Shetty, customer care team, RSM Regional service manager Mr.Rajasekar
Everyone is trying to hide the case without fixing the vehicle

5 times service is done, Raised my concern to ford mechanic, then supervisor (Sachin) , then manager (Prasad), then customer relation manager Jagannath Shetty, then in between customer care team, then Regional manager and finally to CEO, no help from anyone

I have send the same videos to CEO and all others staffs from Ford, No one is taken ownership of this case seriously and i was told by ford via email saying vehicle is working normal

PLEASE CHECK THE VIDEO AND PLEASE COMMENT IF THE VEHICLE PULLING LEFT IS EVIDENT OR NOT

Ford is trying play safe without giving solution

My sincere request to media across the world to kindly help others from being cheated, I have all documents, call records and email conversations which gives much better picture of my experience

FORD CANNOT SELL THE PRODUCT IF YOU CANNOT FIX THE PROBLEM, NO MATTER IF ITS SOLD ANYWHERE IS THIS WORLD,
SUCH COMPANIES SHOULD BE PROSECUTED WITH IMMEDIATE ACTION

FAULT FOUND OUT OF DELIVERY VEHICLES SHOULD BE IMMEDIATELY REPLACED OR RETURNED INSTEAD OF MAKING CUSTOMERS GO THROUGH ALL STRUGGLE

Thanks for taking time to go through my experience with Ford, Please think before buying from Ford

I will come back if there is any update
Hello

I am also facing similar problem. And Ford people says it's common in all Figo and aspire

What is the final result in your case

Also guide me to get the solution

Hi V4. I am also facing the same issue as what you mentioned for my brand new Figo diesel . Car pulls to left at any speed and interestingly the speed of pull depends on cruising speed !! My car is brand new and hardly clocked 5k. Thinking of visiting service center by next week. Would like to hear it from you that any solutions you received or not? Also I am also facing some clinking or metal rattling sound from the engine.. It's not much audible still I feel little discomfort along the normal exhaust sound. Guys in forum.. Did any one noticed the same?? Let me know your comments.

Hi V4. I am also facing the same issue as what you mentioned for my brand new Figo diesel . Car pulls to left at any speed and interestingly the speed of pull depends on cruising speed !! My car is brand new and hardly clocked 5k. Thinking of visiting service center by next week. Would like to hear it from you that any solutions you received or not? Also I am also facing some clinking or metal rattling sound from the engine.. It's not much audible still I feel little discomfort along the normal exhaust sound. Guys in forum.. Did any one noticed the same?? Let me know your comments.
Did you guys get any solution for this issue ?

I own a 1 month old Freestyle Diesel, facing the same issue :/

Any hdeas up will be appreciated,

Thanks

PS: Pardon me for the very long post. I need your help!!

Hi Everyone,
All along i missed this thread and i would like to update my experience and issues faced in my car.

What Car: All new Ford Figo Titanium+ Diesel Purchased on October 2015 (immediate after launch).
Current Odo reading: 29000 KMs

Now coming to the issues:
1.) Left Pulling:
Yes and its a BIGGGG YESSSS, I too face this issue right from delivery. But, i want to tell that this is not something to get scared of. I advise to do WB, WA and WR every 5000 KMs (i always do it at MRF tyredrome) and keep Tire pressure topped up properly. I always keep it 32 psi if i drive in city. I top up to 35psi if i am going for a long drive. I always fill nitrogen. This issue will definitely crop up again after a couple of thousand KMs once you do WB, WA and WR but i keep doing it every 5K kms so it gets corrected again. According to me this is minor annoyance and causes a slight pain on shoulder on long drives (when the WA is due). I never tried to report this to service center. I will give only if i see any positive update for others.
Can i live with it? Yes i can live with this issue, provided i do the WA, WB and WR every 5K kms.

2.) Engine Oil Sump leak:
I faced this issue too but a very minor leak where you can even take on long drive with that issue. The car was not hit anywhere but it suddenly started around 10K KMs on Odo. I immediately reported this to service and they corrected it by resealing the Engine oil sump. Under warranty. So this was closed and did not repeat yet.

3.) Car did not start immediately after diesel fill:
I did a Chennai-Trichy-Chennai trip immediately after doing my 30K KM service. While going from Chennai to Trichy i did not face any issues. But while returning from Trichy below event happened. Let me explain the order of events below. This issue happened just 2 days back.
a:) I topped up Diesel for around Rs.1000 near Perambalur and then started the car then moved it to a safe place (just 30meters) and stopped it since i wanted to go restroom.
b:) When i came back from restroom i put the Key in and turned to the ignition mode. All lights came on and went off. Only Battery light was on. I realized something was missing but did not care much and tried to start the car but the car did not start. Then i realized that the engine light which used to be on before starting the car was not glowing.
c:) So i opened the bonnet and saw. I heard a humming noise like a fan running (engine was not running as it dint start). This noise stopped after few mins. Before i close the bonnet my friend tried to start the car and it started. So i was not able to note whether the engine light came on this time.
d:) As the car started, we started driving. We drove the car for around 2 or 3 KMs (under 80 KMPH) when i suddenly heard a couple of beeps. During this time the speedo and odo needle did a swipe from 80KMPH to 0KMPH and came back again. The engine did not stall/stop during this and i took my foot immediately from accelerator (so not sure about power loss). But the spanner symbol started glowing after the beeps. So i slowed the car immediately to a safe place. Switched off the car and called RSA immediately. I took Extended warranty and RSA for 5 Years.
e:) RSA gave a local nearby service center contact. I contacted him and he informed me to check engine oil and coolant oil levels which seemed fine. He then advised to try starting the car again and see if the spanner light glows and if i am able to start the car. Also, advised that not to drive long if the spanner symbol was glowing. I told him that i need to have lunch so he advised that to try starting and drive very slowly (below 60KMPH) and reach a very near restaurant to have lunch. He asked to call me back once i try that. He also advised not to drive the car if there is any other light glowing apart from spanner symbol. I said OK and disconnected the call.
f:) I put the key in ignition mode and now noticed both engine light and battery light was glowing (these should glow and goes off once you start engine) as expected. No other lights glowing. I started engine and these went off too. No lights glowing. All normal. So we decided to continue our journey but still i drove the car carefully and slowly after this.
g:) We stopped the car few times after this and started again and did not notice any abnormalities. All normal. So i slowly reached Chennai.

Now planning to give the car to Service center tomorrow and ask them to run the diagnostics check to provide me the root cause of this behavior. If i am not satisfied i am planning to mail to Ford India about this and ask for their help to understand the root cause. I do not want to get in to such situation again on a middle of a no man highway and stuck in that situation.

Technical experts on this forum can someone enlighten me on what could be the issue here and is it something to worry about?

I need more inputs yaar , especially OBD scan report .

Especially , report from "History"- from ECu
I am not technically sound and have never touched OBD port yet. Unfortunately, i will not be able to collect it unless someone guides me how to do it. :sorry:

I was thinking someone might have faced similar issue (atleast on other cars) who could update me on the possible root cause for this behavior.

Hi Everyone,
All along i missed this thread and i would like to update my experience and issues faced in my car.

What Car: All new Ford Figo Titanium+ Diesel Purchased on October 2015 (immediate after launch).
Current Odo reading: 29000 KMs

Now coming to the issues:
1.) Left Pulling: .......
Further to the above post. Let me try to update on the other common issue faced by other Figo customers.
4.) Inadequate Headlights:
Yes, New Figo has inadequate OEM headlight setup (like most other cars). I initially thought of several options and then settled for the safest one. To upgrade to Philips Xtreme Vision (55/60W) which is advertised for 100% more light. I got a pair of bulbs from Maruti MGP store (ask for H4 Philips 100% light) which costed around 600Rs each. It was satisfactory. Unfortunately my cousin broke one of those bulbs while removing it (i usually remove and replace with OEM bulbs whenever i take it to Service center). I tried to get one 100% bulb from same MGP store. But got a shock that they no more sell this bulb. I checked few other MGP stores in chennai to see if its true and no one had that in stock and everyone told its stopped. Then i decided to get a pair of Xtreme Vision plus (130%) thinking it would be even better than the philips 100% ones. But they were crap. It was genuine too. Then i read several reviews for this bulb and most of them mentioned the same. Finally when my brother got delivery of his new swift i just inquired if the parts store in the Maruti sales showroom has this bulb. They said they have it but they asked for a Regn number for which i am getting this bulb (should be maruti). So i got registration number from my friend who has a Ritz with same H4 setup (since My brother's new swift had LED projectors). Gave that regn number and got a pair of Philips 100% again. Now using it and it is sufficient and i am not facing much issues.

Final Word: Source Philips 100% Xtreme vision (not 130% Xtreme vision plus) and you will be happy or atleast satisfied.

I am not technically sound and have never touched OBD port yet. Unfortunately, i will not be able to collect it unless someone guides me how to do it. :sorry:

I was thinking someone might have faced similar issue (atleast on other cars) who could update me on the possible root cause for this behavior.
Lets wait for other Figo owners

I have used OBD device +software in my swift and my friend's Verna .

Once there was injector misfire , and ECU check light was on in Verna , we plugged it , and in main dialogue box , no error was reported , but in history , there was an instance of misfire , which the technician told , it can happen sometimes , during sudden acceleration and withdrawing throttle input abruptly , and as in history , not an issue , the error history was cleared , and it has been 6 months , no repeat of the same.

That's why i told you to get checked with the report from OBD scan.

Lets wait for other Figo owners

I have used OBD device +software in my swift and my friend's Verna ....
Thanks for the response. Glad to know that your issue have not repeated. As for the update on my Figo, i have left it at the service center (Chennai Ford, Ambattur) today and narrated the events to them. I purposely did not tell them that this issue happened immediately after filling the fuel as they might use this and blame simply on poor fuel.

They ran the diagnostics and informed me that there is just one error code related to "Fuel Rail". Meaning there might be an issue on the way for the fuel to reach the engine or it might be due to poor fuel. Infact the service advisor asked me if i filled fuel anywhere before this issue[clap]. Only after this i informed him that yes i did fill fuel and then this issue happened. He suggested to leave the car for a day so that they can drain the fuel and check. He informed me this is mostly due to poor fuel. However, they are also planning to check if there are any issues on the fuel rail (not sure what it is[confused]).

I clearly informed them not to replace any part without informing me. He assured that he will give a call once they check and if there are any parts that need repair/replacement. Fingers Crossed.

Thanks for the response. Glad to know that your issue have not repeated. As for the update on my Figo, i have left it at the service center (Chennai Ford, Ambattur) today and narrated the events to them. I purposely did not tell them that this issue happened immediately after filling the fuel as they might use this and blame simply on poor fuel.

They ran the diagnostics and informed me that there is just one error code related to "Fuel Rail". Meaning there might be an issue on the way for the fuel to reach the engine or it might be due to poor fuel. Infact the service advisor asked me if i filled fuel anywhere before this issue[clap]. Only after this i informed him that yes i did fill fuel and then this issue happened. He suggested to leave the car for a day so that they can drain the fuel and check. He informed me this is mostly due to poor fuel. However, they are also planning to check if there are any issues on the fuel rail (not sure what it is[confused]).

I clearly informed them not to replace any part without informing me. He assured that he will give a call once they check and if there are any parts that need repair/replacement. Fingers Crossed.
Fuel rail is the common rail from where diesel is distributed to each injectors. You can spot that right on top of the tdci engine closer to the driver side when you see from front. It is just a metal tube with fuel line coming from one side and fuel rail pressure sensor on the other end with four metal tubes of equal length attached at the sides and the other end of the tube leads to the top of the fuel injectors.. 'Fuel rail' code could also be generated due to variation in fuel pressure. Density of bad quality fuel would be different than standard and it could affect the fuel pressure readings in the rail.

I would also suggest you to replace fuel filter again though Ford would have replaced your fuel filter at 30k service and it would have been brand new in your car. Fuel filter is a sealed unit. You can try break the case and inspect the quality of fuel trapped inside and alternatively you can send it for testing. This would give you piece of mind that the incident was due to bad fuel if found out in testing.

I don't think your fuel pump would be bad...if pump is failing check engine light would be on always. The injection pressure would be low and it would be easy to find out if Ford ASS runs the software.

Top Bottom