New Ford Fiesta Sedan 2011: Pictures, Review Pg.8 Onwards

AMG

Suspended
The current fiesta has been in production since a long long time.
I guess it may die.
Or maybe the fiesta becomes an Ikon.

This is another contender for most of the today's premium hatchbacks. It feels solid, well built, and in the video by RSM, the car looks pretty much bulky with good road presence.
Interesting part is to see how Ford India manages to place this car in their product line up considering the Figo.

I feel that may come to india as new Fiesta, not as ikon.

Yeh, true. They will stick to the international name as now they have realized it already. But for me, it make complete sense to kill Ikon rather than replacing the current Fiesta. At least Ikon is there for ages now! Fiesta is still sold in good numbers! I am [confused]

This in Thailand only!!! The Ford Fiesta hatch is launched here already. The critics say it is quite good and it has some useful features!

350Z

Core Team
Maybe Shynish can give us a quick preview since his neighbor owns one in parrot green color which looks eye-catching and simply fantastic!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Ford Fiesta just needs this face and i am definate that most of the sedans will face the heat then. Fiesta still sells in decent numbers even though it looks dated just because of the driving pleasure it offers and with this cosmetic look, i am sure it will set the segment on fire.

Maybe Shynish can give us a quick preview since his neighbor owns one in parrot green color which looks eye-catching and simply fantastic!

Drive Safe,
350Z
Ford Fiesta just needs this face and i am definate that most of the sedans will face the heat then. Fiesta still sells in decent numbers even though it looks dated just because of the driving pleasure it offers and with this cosmetic look, i am sure it will set the segment on fire.

Excellent video! I am in love this car. You know what, I was not a good fan of Ford earlier, though I liked the Ikon and Fiesta. However, after experiencing this Fiesta, I am 100% in for Ford. I don't have to tell you guys about the styling and design. IMK, this is the first car from Ford with same dynamics for U.S. and European market, and now in India! Ford Fiesta is rated as the the best-handling and most driver-friendly small car available! Following are my observations and some inputs from my neighbor:

1. The built quality of this car is amazing. You will just feel that solid nature when you are around this car and when you close the door!
  2. All controls are placed so brilliantly! You will never search for something, it will come to you hand automatically.
  3. No other car can match the interior quality! You will not feel like you are inside an hatch, instead it will give you a luxurious feeling.
  4. Superb drivability. It has an electrically controlled steering system. According to my friend, the steering response is really impressive.

You can take a look at these reviews for a better idea:

YouTube - TopGear Ford Fiesta Road Test Part 1

YouTube - TopGear Ford Fiesta Road Test Part 2

My take on this is that if Ford is placing this against Punto / i20, then it is going to make big trouble! I am 101% positive that Fiesta will easily win the battle. I will be the first on to change my mind if I can afford it [:D]

Last edited:
Good videos there! I too agree with Shynish and Akash. If priced properly they can rule the premium hatch and entry sedan segment and give tough time for Polo , i20 , manza , SX4 , City , Verna etc etc.

350Z

Core Team
Some latest spy shots, but this time of Ford Fiesta Sedan. Another new entrant in the C-Segment to create a stiff competition. This car is expected to launch by early next year with price tag of approx. Rs.7 Lakhs.

The next-gen Fiesta will get a more powerful 1.6-litre petrol motor producing 118bhp. The diesel gets 90bhp of max power from its 1.6-litre motor, up from the current 1.4’s 68bhp and it will have a very useful 20.7kgm of torque, giving it a very petrol-like feel. Also on offer could be a DSG-like dual-clutch automatic gearbox.
04112010188_0.jpg

04112010187.jpg
Courtesy: Autocar India

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom