New Ford Fiesta Sedan 2011: Pictures, Review Pg.8 Onwards

Guys guys this car is regularly doing its testing for sometime now , so expecting this sometime soon! Even when i went for a trip recently with my family i saw this car parked on the highway with nobody inside. I was unable to click it as it was raining heavily![frustration]

This car is coming to India next year, confirmed.
Petrol & diesel.
Since the figo retails till about 5.3 lakhs , this would go above that.
In the 120/Punto territory.

350Z

Core Team
That’s wonderful news. Ford is going high on the Indian hatchback market. This thing in Punto or i20 territory doesn’t sound a bad deal but if it is true, then why wouldn’t Ford disguise it completely for testing purposes? Because as for now, the rumors indicate that Ford India is testing out the 1.6 Liter CRDi VGT which would power other models and this hatchback is expected to roll out after a year or two.

Drive Safe,
350Z

yes agree and i also think that Ford is testing engines or other inside things which would need tweaks. because if they were testing fiesta hatch for India they would have hihgly disguised it like they did with figo by converting into sedan during testing phase..

Oh my god! Oh my god! Ford is bringing this version of Fiesta to India! This is one of the best cars they have ever made which was a tremendous success in UK and Eurpoe. Other manufactures have a serious concern to worry now! From Topgear:

Ridiculously good supermini still kicking the arse of rivals that were just a glint in a product planner's eye when it first rocked up 30 years ago (oh yes).

Ford gets the blue oval back on top - this is a fantastic little car with a driving experience beyond the class
And watch this video from TopGear

Definitely yes!!!
Ford is very keen on volumes. so they will definitely price it quiet lesser that jazz or i20.

And and... are those projector lights??? [surprise]

Yes looks like projector to me , they must be coming in top-end model. And after Fabia only this car is going to get projectors in this segment i guess.

But again does this mean it will be priced higher than i20 , Jazz or maybe on par with Fabia?[confused]

I dont think so dude.
Ford is very much conscious about their pricing strategy!!!

But one thing that conks me off is
Bits and pieces of ikon to Fiesta
Bits and pieces of fiesta to fusion
This so called process went and their localization was good.

Looking at this car [frustration] clearly shows that its something new. I really doubt about the localization and in turn the pricing. [frustration]

AMG

Suspended
@ shynish
This will definitely NOT come as a hatch.
Expect ford to slap on a boot and sell it as a sedan.
And expect Vento prices for it.

@AMG, Ford Fiesta was never a sedan. Unfortunately, Ford used the name Fiesta in for a sedan, just because (I think) it was the world renowned successful model from Ford (juts like Punto is for FIAT).

What we have in pictures is the latest Fiesta running world wide. Note that Ford has launched its Fiesta (previous version) as Ford Figo in India. they will never tamper the design of this new model by attaching a boot. The current design is acclaimed for its ergonomics, efficiency and the solidity.

What I expect is, Ford will launch this model with a different name for sure. Also, some how I have a feeling that they will stop aged Ikon from the product line. So my wild guess, this will be new Ford Ikon [;)]

Ikon is (may be) doing decent numbers now. However, instead of doing 'just decent numbers', I would prefer (assuming that I am the decision maker) I would prefer another product from my stable which can create an impact just like the Figo, a volume maker! So considering the ROI, it makes sense to me to launch this model as Ikon which will directly compete with other major players in the segment. Because, I know for sure that my new Ikon is much better built and VFM car in the segment.

Top Bottom